Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a restock someone hook it up with a sz9-9.5 for retail+shipping! Thanks in advance it will be greatly appreciated.
Your gonna have better luck asking for bred 11s for retail+shipping. Either way not gonna happen. SMFH at the lazy people that think other will people do them a favor just cause they ask.

We see limited releases often.. They serve a purpose for sure. Look at air yeezy 2 being sold for $245. If there were a billion pairs available then a billion would be sold. However that $245 price tag in June of 2012 helped make the $250 price tag of Jordan XX8's seem somewhat reasonable.

I don't know if I can explain the profits obut I understand the hype created by Nike is like an investment for future releases.

Reebok should've made Kamikazes extremely limited and let the resale prices go sky high. That way they could see future Shaq Attacks at $150 and make them GR people would be buying them up like crazy because kamikaze resale was $450 or something outrageous

We'll just have to disagree, because the market for Yeezys at that $245 price point has no bearing on the buyer of a $250 performance basketball shoe. Those are two different types of buyers, and the $245 Yeezy price point isn't something that a Jordan sig purchases would even likely put together in their mind. The price of a LeBron, Kobe or Hyperdunk 2012-2013 might very well set expectations for a consumer of a signature performance shoe (as to a lifestyle/casual shoe).

Reebok couldn't execute that kind of strategy either because there's not that kind of demand for retros of past shoes the way there is with Jordans. It's hard to believe limiting one shoe with a much smaller reach to begin with would amp up demand for another shoe that likely has a (relatively) small reach.

I don't think there's a very good example of Nike propping up a higher priced Jordan release with another (cheaper and limited) one, although the '88's could very well be the first to try and establish a much higher price point for other shoes in the future (i.e. a 2014 NA Infrared VI for $225).

My overall point though is that in the example used, demand/customers increased by 50%. That's not going to happen in the real world. The net effect would move the bar a couple percentage points at most, but as I tried to explain, this market has reached a saturation point where you're not going to see a drastic number of new consumers enter, especially of purposes of exclusivity, which is why I think Nike made a mistake (to their bottom line) with the AJ1's all being limited this year. Maybe not though, maybe the strategy is to raise the price on these to $150 (from 140) in 2015 and sell huge amounts to offset the unmet demand created this time around. Either way it's a net loss for the consumers in the market.

Last edited:
We'll just have to disagree, because the market for Yeezys at that $245 price point has no bearing on the buyer of a $250 performance basketball shoe. Those are two different types of buyers, and the $245 Yeezy price point isn't something that a Jordan sig purchases would even likely put together in their mind. The price of a LeBron, Kobe or Hyperdunk 2012-2013 might very well set expectations for a consumer of a signature performance shoe (as to a lifestyle/casual shoe).

Reebok couldn't execute that kind of strategy either because there's not that kind of demand for retros of past shoes the way there is with Jordans. It's hard to believe limiting one shoe with a much smaller reach to begin with would amp up demand for another shoe that likely has a (relatively) small reach.

I don't think there's a very good example of Nike propping up a higher priced Jordan release with another (cheaper and limited) one, although the '88's could very well be the first to try and establish a much higher price point for other shoes in the future (i.e. a 2014 NA Infrared VI for $225).

My overall point though is that in the example used, demand/customers increased by 50%. That's not going to happen in the real world. The net effect would move the bar a couple percentage points at most, but as I tried to explain, this market has reached a saturation point where you're not going to see a drastic number of new consumers enter, especially of purposes of exclusivity, which is why I think Nike made a mistake (to their bottom line) with the AJ1's all being limited this year. Maybe not though, maybe the strategy is to raise the price on these to $150 (from 140) in 2015 and sell huge amounts to offset the unmet demand created this time around. Either way it's a net loss for the consumers in the market.
That is exactly what those 3's were for......

Your gonna have better luck asking for bred 11s for retail+shipping. Either way not gonna happen. SMFH at the lazy people that think other will people do them a favor just cause they ask.

This guy... dont be calling me lazy. i guess Spending $300 for some shoes means you arent lazy these days lol I did all my damn homework for these shoes and I had 3 windows open on release day and didn't get one pair and I've been searching and searching and searching for a pair at a FAIR price and haven't seen one. Said it 1000 times and ill say it again. Nothing but a bunch of haters in this damn thread man. someone will decide to help me out cuz there are nice people out there. Smfh

$200 every so often, or if JB and Nike are aiming to create hype is understandable. If you're right (which you usually are) then I will easily bow, no, run the other direction from future JB releases. 

Lebrons push the envelope as it is but if that NA - WC III was to establish a higher price point overall, 
mean.gif
 at their greed. They'll alienate a huge amount of the consumer base. 

Last edited:
This all makes no sense at all.

Why did JB decided to produce 500K pairs of Bred XI's, when they had just released the Bred XI's as part of the CDP a few years ago and the original retros in 2001? 

With all this limited talk, it would have been a smarter move to release the columbia's in limited amounts. 

Again, I don't know what is going through JB's head, but they definitely could have done larger volume quantity on the Royal 1's and STILL have the demand exceed the supply of that model. 

This all makes no sense at all.

Why did JB decided to produce 500K pairs of Bred XI's, when they had just released the Bred XI's as part of the CDP a few years ago and the original retros in 2001? 

With all this limited talk, it would have been a smarter move to release the columbia's in limited amounts. 

Again, I don't know what is going through JB's head, but they definitely could have done larger volume quantity on the Royal 1's and STILL have the demand exceed the supply of that model. 
You've got to realize that any corp. or organization has a set of immediate goals that tie in directly with a long term vision/ business model. What we see now may not make sense until later down the road.... Either way I'd agree with you from a consumer POV though.

Just got my pair from a connect in Europe. Jordans sit a few days where he lives. The blue in person looks dull to me, almost with a slight tint of purple.

I decide to hit up my pair with Red Wing All Natural Leather Conditioner. I'm very happy with the results. The blue looks more like a royal blue and overall the leather looks healthier. Doesn't look dry and thirsty, pun intended

View media item 308766
Top is before and bottom is with the leather conditioner. Might be hard to tell in pictures but trust in person, the blue is now more of a true royal blue like the 01s
Where did you get the leather cleaner at?

they need to hurry up and buy up all the royal blue dunks so they can restock on these unicorn
roll.gif

$200 every so often, or if JB and Nike are aiming to create hype is understandable. If you're right (which you usually are) then I will easily bow, no, run the other direction from future JB releases. 

Lebrons push the envelope as it is but if that NA - WC III was to establish a higher price point overall, 
mean.gif
 at their greed. They'll alienate a huge amount of the consumer base. 
Right and thats where the other companies come into play, they watch NT Jordan/Nike threads and see this..... So we will see alot of kicks from other brands at low price points... As a matter of fact Fila drops the famous Grant Hill 2's

on the 21st for $80 a pair, and guess what... Its very limited, but the others that drop the rest of the year are GR and they are dropping all the OG colors... I cant remember the last time I got a retro for $80 plus you get 20% off for signing up for the email...

Last edited:

Right, and maybe you could say that so are the OG 1's this year, as Nike starts to create a market within a market for the "premium" and "OG" retros. But I'd argue that we're not talking about that pushing up your average retro from a $160 price tag to a $225 price tag. They're looking to use limited and unique releases to create a differentiated retro product that they will ultimately sell in huge GR numbers. This may relate to your point and we're on the same page, but I think Nike is missing the boat on short term sales believing they are developing some longer term strategy here. All of that should be thrown out the window when you have reached a saturation point in terms of demand and consumers. Meet the demand with supply when your average consumer will buy anything you put out there, especially OG colorways with OG treatment. I see the risk in continually limiting 1's this year as a net negative to consumer loyalty.

Right, and maybe you could say that so are the OG 1's this year, as Nike starts to create a market within a market for the "premium" and "OG" retros. But I'd argue that we're not talking about that pushing up your average retro from a $160 price tag to a $225 price tag. They're looking to use limited and unique releases to create a differentiated retro product that they will ultimately sell in huge GR numbers. This may relate to your point and we're on the same page, but I think Nike is missing the boat on short term sales believing they are developing some longer term strategy here. All of that should be thrown out the window when you have reached a saturation point in terms of demand and consumers. Meet the demand with supply when your average consumer will buy anything you put out there, especially OG colorways with OG treatment. I see the risk in continually limiting 1's this year as a net negative to consumer loyalty.

yes, true.... But thats only if mass people stop buying....

9, 000 banned produced. 160 per nike store.

Not going to argue with you fam, this thread doesn't need that. I was just explaining why people would be upset that 1s have gone up in price.

Them royals 
laugh.gif
arguments as polite as i expressed mine cause i really appreciate you fam,always have place in a forum.thats what is all about.btw,do you have any info on the number of royals produced ?
As far as I know it's around 20k. Not sure though

yes, true.... But thats only if mass people stop buying....

But what's the point of not doing a larger limited release when you know that it won't meet demand still at those slightly higher numbers? Clearly they are not coming close to meeting demand on the 1's this year, and limiting these 1's isn't going to have any impact on how many pairs they sell of GR's like XIII's or V's because as we agree there's a mass market for Jordans right now. To me, 10-15K pairs in the U.S. of this shoe is half of what a limited run should have been, which still would have kept a good portion of potential buyers shut out. That's why your production scenarios and impact on demand don't meet the reality of the current market dynamics. But that's just my take.

Maybe FNL will restock the royal blue nike dunks so the ones that couldn't get the aj 1s don't feel so salty

This guy... dont be calling me lazy. i guess Spending $300 for some shoes means you arent lazy these days lol I did all my damn homework for these shoes and I had 3 windows open on release day and didn't get one pair and I've been searching and searching and searching for a pair at a FAIR price and haven't seen one. Said it 1000 times and ill say it again. Nothing but a bunch of haters in this damn thread man. someone will decide to help me out cuz there are nice people out there. Smfh
TLDR.
If you did your hw you wouldn't be asking for people to give up pairs for retail+shipping. No point in complaining to me. No one here is gonna sell you their pair for retail. If you want them your gonna have to pay the reseller price or trade for them. No one feels sorry for you enough to hook you up for retail.
Thanks for the good laugh.

But what's the point of not doing a larger limited release when you know that it won't meet demand still at those slightly higher numbers? Clearly they are not coming close to meeting demand on the 1's this year, and limiting these 1's isn't going to have any impact on how many pairs they sell of GR's like XIII's or V's because as we agree there's a mass market for Jordans right now. To me, 10-15K pairs in the U.S. of this shoe is half of what a limited run should have been, which still would have kept a good portion of potential buyers shut out. That's why your production scenarios and impact on demand don't meet the reality of the current market dynamics. But that's just my take.
Im not sure, but imagine what will happen when they drop again as a GR at a higher price or even in a pack, with a shoe nobody wants..... All the people who couldnt cop will be all over it... JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Im not sure, but imagine what will happen when they drop again as a GR at a higher price or even in a pack, with a shoe nobody wants..... All the people who couldnt cop will be all over it... JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe that makes up for lost sales by moving stuff no one would otherwise buy, but IMO it waters down the brand and shows their strategy - though perhaps long term - doesn't value the customers that have built and promoted their brand for years.

Well talking all this money, im about to start my own store.... I will have a few Royal 1's, Olives, and a whole bunch of others, so keep an ear out...

Kikcs by Kamue opens 3/30/13 www.kikcsbykamue.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom