Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant fault most for not knowing that kindve info. Blogs, forums and such are driven mostly by gossip and opinions. Unfortunately its what the general public have access to for thier insider secrets.

Oh I agree. I'm not trying to argue at all, just backing the first post that Matt Powell is a reliable source for production numbers. I dunno how someone can be a member of NT, and after just a few months not already see that numbers and info "all over the Internet" originated here at NT, from us. Not directed at the guy quoting me, but others don't catch on to it either. Blogs and twitter will take any info we put on this forums and run with it while calling it their own. But that's how things are now, and you just have to weed out who's reliable and who isn't. If the blogs were smart they'd jus follow jmadidas around NT haha.

There were sizes 8, 8.5, and 10.5 on FNL when I got there this morning.
sick.gif

Last edited:
I know that the 88's will have the same production number.  It was all planned.  And you are wrong on verified production number info.  Just because sneaker blogs and regular old guys on NT don't get the information does not mean that it doesn't exist.  The reason there was an original estimate by Matt Powell and his team is because Nike hadn't given their company the final numbers because they wanted, to the best of their ability, to keep the 2nd release of the bred 11's a secret.  I haven't looked at his recent reports for info about bred 11's, but I bet Sports OneSource does have a fairly accurate production number now.  Nike does release this information to that company and a few others like them.  Their industry research and analysis is fueled by information directly from Nike, Reebok, Adidas, etc....  That is what that company does, they do not work on guesstimates to provide that type of analysis to their clients.

There is a completely different side of this than the gossip blogs and sneaker enthusiasts opinions and "research."  This industry is analyzed the same as any in the retail sector, and some companies are more reliable because they get first hand information, which is the reason they are the best at what they do.  When Matt Powell makes a statement like that, it is not a guess.

He dosent get hes info strait from Nike... Hence the word Analysis...
and most sneaker blogs get their #'s from him

View media item 298047
I'm done.

Last edited:
Lol hence the word analysis?? Do you know what that means? Analysis is taking factual data and interpreting what it means and how it can be used.... So "hence the word analysis" makes absolutely no sense at all. That tweet you took a pic of is in regards to the one shoe I already gave an explanation for, bred 11's. He works for a company that he does not own, he should definitely provide the info that guy is asking for to him. Sports OneSource defffffffinitely doesn't have policies regarding their intellectual property...nooooo way. Good, be done. You're use of the 88 wc3 releases difficulty or non difficulty to obtain still plays absolutely no role in helping to estimate the the number of royal 1's produced. It's still apples to oranges and completely useless.

Lol hence the word analysis?? Do you know what that means? Analysis is taking factual data and interpreting what it means and how it can be used.... So "hence the word analysis" makes absolutely no sense at all. That tweet you took a pic of is in regards to the one shoe I already gave an explanation for, bred 11's. He works for a company that he does not own, he should definitely provide the info that guy is asking for to him. Sports OneSource defffffffinitely doesn't have policies regarding their intellectual property...nooooo way. Good, be done. You're use of the 88 wc3 releases difficulty or non difficulty to obtain still plays absolutely no role in helping to estimate the the number of royal 1's produced. It's still apples to oranges and completely useless.
Am I the only one who doesn't care how many shoes were produced or not? This is kind of getting out of hand. Honestly who cares? Its either you got the shoes or you didn't. No need to make a deep analysis explaining why you or other people didn't get them or not.
alien.gif

Last edited:
LOL I just couldn't remember his screen name but definitely remember his pic.  Yeah, he ended up getting all those BD orders too.  That's cool he was able to help you out with these.  I'm not familiar enough with google chrome add-ons to put together what he was using from the few hints he left.  Sounds like it definitely works well though.

I wore my Knicks pair and they had that awful, unnatural creasing from the second I put my foot in the shoe, but only on the left shoe toe box.  The right shoe toe box feels and wears like the Royals and while they all crease (as 1's should), it is natural creases in the expected areas.  The left toe box on my Knicks has that paper thin feeling and looking leather like what is used all over the upper of the '88 WC3's....

View media item 297983

Same thing happened on my Knicks. Left toe box creased pretty good after 1 wear and my right looks great.

His information is accurate. He is heavily involved in the analysis section of the retail footwear industry, and a trusted source for verified information, about as high up as it could possibly be verified. Kind of like a Jim Cramer of the shoe business.

There were sizes 8, 8.5, and 10.5 on FNL when I got there this morning. My tracker popped em up while I was looking at work emails, and I still couldn't get all the way through checkout without them leaving my cart. Hopefully some other NTer's got in and got those pairs.

Damnnn 8.5??! Gave up on these so I didn't bother checking FNL anymore :smh:

Am I the only one who doesn't care how many shoes were produced or not? This is kind of getting out of hand. Honestly who cares? Its either you got the shoes or you didn't. No need to make a deep analysis explaining why you or other people didn't get them or not.
alien.gif
Actually you are the only one that doesn't care how many were produced, and that is evident by the multiple discussions about production numbers across the 4 threads made for this shoe.  That is a topic of discussion in every single limited release shoe thread on NT.  No one was analyzing why people did or did not get shoes.  This is a shoe FORUM, for discussion about shoes.  RD is over and these aren't releasing anywhere else, this is now what is called an "Aftermath" thread here on NT.  What we were discussing is appropriate for this thread.

Last edited:
I can't believe its monday and I still don't have a confirmation or tracking number from Warsaw...smh I have a bad feeling about my order
Shoes may have already shipped, you never know. They did that to me

Actually you are the only one that doesn't care how many were produced, and that is evident by the multiple discussions about production numbers across the 4 threads made for this shoe.  That is a topic of discussion in every single limited release shoe thread on NT.  No one was analyzing why people did or did not get shoes.  This is a shoe FORUM, for discussion about shoes.  RD is over and these aren't releasing anywhere else, this is now what is called an "Aftermath" thread here on NT.  What we were discussing is appropriate for this thread.
Well since you put it that way and I only joined last month...I have no comment regarding your comment
nthat.gif
 but I thought we got a little off track when you guys started talking about 88's

crosses fingers this thread didnt get off track again... prays and prays to the shoe gods.

I just wanna say thank you to all the people in this thread and the other royal blue threads that helped me get these shoes. Ever since I couldnt get them on release date i ve been on NT all day and night trying to find some info on whete to get em for a reasonable price, failed on some international sites, but thanks to some people that kept posting sites that had them i was able to buy them. I just got em 2 days ago and cant wait to rock em til they fall off. I can go the whole year without gettin another pair cause i ve been wanting these so bad. View media item 298128

I just wanna say thank you to all the people in this thread and the other royal blue threads that helped me get these shoes. Ever since I couldnt get them on release date i ve been on NT all day and night trying to find some info on whete to get em for a reasonable price, failed on some international sites, but thanks to some people that kept posting sites that had them i was able to buy them. I just got em 2 days ago and cant wait to rock em til they fall off. I can go the whole year without gettin another pair cause i ve been wanting these so bad.
Congrats on your pair man!!! I would like to thank all the NT's too that linked me up on the international sites too. I too finally have a pair and couldn't have done it without you guys. Good luck to everyone else that hasn't gotten a pair yet. 

Last edited:
Congrats on your pair man!!! I would like to thank all the NT's too that linked me up on the international sites too. I too finally have a pair and couldn't have done it without you guys. Good luck to everyone else that hasn't gotten a pair yet. 
thanks man, it was tough but finally got em. I see prices keep rising.. what a mission.

LOL I just couldn't remember his screen name but definitely remember his pic.  Yeah, he ended up getting all those BD orders too.  That's cool he was able to help you out with these.  I'm not familiar enough with google chrome add-ons to put together what he was using from the few hints he left.  Sounds like it definitely works well though.

I wore my Knicks pair and they had that awful, unnatural creasing from the second I put my foot in the shoe, but only on the left shoe toe box.  The right shoe toe box feels and wears like the Royals and while they all crease (as 1's should), it is natural creases in the expected areas.  The left toe box on my Knicks has that paper thin feeling and looking leather like what is used all over the upper of the '88 WC3's....

View media item 297983
well he tried to help me lol, not successful. I haven't worn my Knicks ones yet- I am not a big fan of creasing. I need a second pair though before these become extinct- love my Knicks 1s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom