Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain and simple, if you couldnt cop on release date you're pretty much stuck paying Raped prices! If you really NEED them its time to break bread!

I HATE Paying inflated resale prices but when it's a must have on my list... I fork out that dough if need be!!!

^Common sense to most, but some are still super thirsty yet not willing to pay, and flood the thread with repetitive posts wondering where\thinking they can find them close to retail..
mean.gif
.IT SUCKS BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS!

Last edited:
Im not sure, but imagine what will happen when they drop again as a GR at a higher price or even in a pack, with a shoe nobody wants..... All the people who couldnt cop will be all over it... JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!
kam good info...but if u had to estimate on the royals production wise for the us and worldwide where would you put the numbers at... 10k us and 25k worldwide ...

and i manged to locate some pairs at retail brick and mortar stores no websites or phone orders in 3 different countries 

The numbers KCmo put down in the example definitely need to be tweaked, but I agree with the overall plan. Look at the brands increase in sales in popularity between late 90s and today. These ones aren't sitting on the sale racks anymore. And neither are most other releases (in the states at least). They heave increased their customer base tenfold with what they have been doing.

Arhhhh! Missed the mail man this morning, and now my pair is waiting in the post office, gotta wait till tomorrow to pick em up. The wait is almost over, once I got my pair, I still have to swap the size with this guy I found on CL, hope his pair hasn't swapped with someone else yet. This release is by far the most hectic!!!

anyone have a pair that has uneven Nike Air tongue tags?
yep unfortunately mine are the same, got em from FL at roosevelt field on RD, havent noticed it since though..not really a big deal. wish they'd pay more attention to simple details when they know how important these shoes are going to be to us, but it is what it is and could be worse.

yep unfortunately mine are the same, got em from FL at roosevelt field on RD, havent noticed it since though..not really a big deal. wish they'd pay more attention to simple details when they know how important these shoes are going to be to us, but it is what it is and could be worse.

guys. this is a positive! you have a super limited-edition variant. shoes are 1/20 MAX. there's got to be an idiot 12 year old using his parents' bankroll that is willing to drop $2K for a super limited edition OG I Kanye Jordan:smokin

Finally got the email from PayPal claims saying they have favored me in the dispute claim. I know it's a refund on my money that was on hold but it kind of feels like finding money in my jeans after washing them.

Just got my pair from a connect in Europe. Jordans sit a few days where he lives. The blue in person looks dull to me, almost with a slight tint of purple.

I decide to hit up my pair with Red Wing All Natural Leather Conditioner. I'm very happy with the results. The blue looks more like a royal blue and overall the leather looks healthier. Doesn't look dry and thirsty, pun intended

View media item 308766
Top is before and bottom is with the leather conditioner. Might be hard to tell in pictures but trust in person, the blue is now more of a true royal blue like the 01s

:\ not sure I see much of a difference with the before/after pictures, other than the shoe having a glossy shine look to it. Maybe its more noticeable in person or something, I have some leather conditioner as well might slap some on when the Royals come in.

How much lube should we be applying?

Im not sure just yet, i dont want to kill dudes pockets, cause I'm a sneakerhead and don't like resellers... Im going to see what i can pick up at sneakerfest, if i get about 5 more pair to go with what i have then they wont be to high, depends how my instore opening goes, that will decide my online price.

I've been away for a bit, I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but you just said you hate resellers, but you're about to get 5 more pairs just so you can... resell?

This all makes no sense at all.

Why did JB decided to produce 500K pairs of Bred XI's, when they had just released the Bred XI's as part of the CDP a few years ago and the original retros in 2001? 

With all this limited talk, it would have been a smarter move to release the columbia's in limited amounts. 

Again, I don't know what is going through JB's head, but they definitely could have done larger volume quantity on the Royal 1's and STILL have the demand exceed the supply of that model. 

Sell massive amounts of bred 11s during the holiday season or limited amounts of Columbia's? This isn't rocket science.

laugh.gif
 At people not believing Kam when he says it.

And that uneven tongue tag got me checking my ish. 
mean.gif

no flaws 
pimp.gif

Nike knows their consumer base very well so quick strikes will be keep consumers on their toes for the next release. If consumer loyalty is what you're worried about, just know you are easily replaced with someone else.

anyone have a pair that has uneven Nike Air tongue tags?

how did Roosevelt handle this release??? I tried calling them everyday for a week before RD and they didn't pick up the phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom