Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this colorway on the 1s. But lets be real....if kanye wouldnt have been wearing these like he does. I dont think the hype would be like this.

I love this colorway on the 1s. But lets be real....if kanye wouldnt have been wearing these like he does. I dont think the hype would be like this.

I was going to come in and say something smart, but honestly you're probably right. Even though these are an OG colorway I find it odd all of a sudden these are desired more than the black toes and chicago's. Five years ago it would probably be reversed, because people wanted kicks according to the history attached to Michael Jordan, not if Wale or Kanye wore them. If Kanye and a bunch of other celebs wore the shadow greys which are also an OG colorway, people would flock to them, but they sat three years ago.

I've always loved the royals. I almost bought a pair off flightclub for $700 2 years ago :smh:
I can honestly say kanye hasn't moved me at all :lol:

People thinking Kanye increased the hype for these shoes are increasing the hype themselves. With dude wearing man skirts these days, nobody cares about what he's wearing.

I like the lack of pictures and news about these, it means there will be less hype,and am easier chance to cop.

People thinking Kanye increased the hype for these shoes are increasing the hype themselves. With dude wearing man skirts these days, nobody cares about what he's wearing.

I like the lack of pictures and news about these, it means there will be less hype,and am easier chance to cop.

You must have missed the thread before this that got locked.

I hear a lot of opinions that group these with black toes and chicagos. Ive always related these with the red blacks. They were the two for the most part that toned down the white and other bright colors. Sleek and stealthy. No other colors appealed to me though i dont care for any jordans not bulls related. These though the exception. Have to remember og jordans appealed to alot more than just ballers. Im sure the color ways had something to do with that. Just small part of my opinion not speaking from a shoe collector pov (though i do collect things and have way more junk than need be).

I'm not getting into the Kanye thing again...I wasn't so graceful in making my point last thread.

What stores are doing RSVP? My local FNL is NOT, first come/first serve.

^^^ most likely they all of em will be raffle.

Was gonna buy an early pair, but I can't wait a couple days. If all thus fails I'll pay resell. Hell the pre-orders prices are the same,

Yeah if it comes down to the raffle with these and i'm 95% sure it will where i'm at.. i'm having my sisters and moms enter them too, and i really don't do the have my whole family  enter the raffle thing ..  but with these i think i am, not really trying to miss out on these 

Last edited:
^^^hopefully not air Thompson. Most if not all Footlockers down here do guaranteed tickets if not all out first come first serve. So I hope that continues at my spot.

You aare both wrong...you two would be larges...these are clothes from the 80s...they are cut small. i told you, if you are a M you have to by a large...

Now I was thinking just that because I've never bought clothes from the 80s, but I based my words from prior knowledge of the clothes that fit me.. I'll cop the medium off ebay anyway n try em out. If they don't work, I'll flip em to a young'n on release day, or even better, trade for the large.... 'preciate the words fam!

I hope the date doesn't get pushed back. So far, the Royals are the only J's I want this year.

Last edited:
Just coming back from Sports Zone. They do not know if they are getting the royals yet. 
frown.gif

hopefully other shoes take precidence over these as far as hype so that it will be an easy cop here (1s are usually easy in tampa anyway)

Now I was thinking just that because I've never bought clothes from the 80s, but I based my words from prior knowledge of the clothes that fit me.. I'll cop the medium off ebay anyway n try em out. If they don't work, I'll flip em to a young'n on release day, or even better, trade for the large.... 'preciate the words fam!

It was you!!!!!! *shakes fist*

Holla at me anyway, just realized your in the city...you on twitter? We planning another summit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom