Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm gonna disagree on this one. I have been out of the country and respect other cultures but when you lay out 260-270 and don't receive a tracking number without sending an email, looks suspect. I guess it's my ignorance to think they'd have their s*** together like an Oqium...(raises hand to face).

Feel free to disagree, but when you drop your money into the hands of a company via paypal, why take a dump on them by filing a claim 2-3 days after paying? PayPal isn't going to do anything about getting your money back for WEEKS regardless of whether you file it on day 1 or day 41. All you do is risk pissing off the seller who ends up selling them to someone else and has your money for 6 weeks before refunding you. It's no skin off their back.

I did NOT file a claim, read my post.

"I emailed BD again and politely told them I was filing a claim (mind you I bought these Saturday and this was Wednesday) unless tracking number worked. BD told me to wait until the evening and sent me a picture of my DHL packing slip. Sure enough, they were picked up and flown out of Italy that night."

All I wanted was a tracking number, simple. I don't care how long they take to deliver.

Last edited:
i think its ridiculous to expect some little shop in italy to be as organized, efficient and quick as eastbay. Be patient, and even if you file a claim its not like you are getting the money back that second. Either way its gonna take a while, why not be patient and let things play out for at least a week before panicking. Starting to understand why the rest of the world hates us

Truth. Sooner or later if something like this happens again, all we'll have is FNL and EB to fight over 200 pairs. lol

Bridges will be burned esp with the newbs quick to file claims of send emails threatening these small shops in some way :smh:

Last edited:
Truth. Sooner or later if something like this happens again, all we'll have is FNL and EB to fight over 200 pairs. lol

Bridges will be burned esp with the newbs quick to file claims of send emails threatening these small shops in some way :smh:

bridges have been (Snipes) and are already being burned.....damn shame too...I wanted a pair from Snipes before that link was even posted pages back..:smh:

Yea man, its a damn shame. Ive picked up alot of stuff since i joined these boards a few years back so im not gonna be that guy to say it should be exclusive, but it does hurt everyone whose been in here when those links get posted, and now its going so far, that shops arent gonna wanna deal w/ americans.

i think its ridiculous to expect some little shop in italy to be as organized, efficient and quick as eastbay. Be patient, and even if you file a claim its not like you are getting the money back that second. Either way its gonna take a while, why not be patient and let things play out for at least a week before panicking. Starting to understand why the rest of the world hates us

Bridges will be burned esp with the newbs quick to file claims of send emails threatening these small shops in some way
mean.gif
THIS!..... i ordered from a little spot and communication has been some what ok but not the best but all my emails have been "nice" not trying to get cut off just in case we need them again... but i'm all ready knowing  half of the people that ordered from here are probably sending tons of emails and complaining ... ill give it till this time next week then ill start worrying 
nerd.gif

bridges have been (Snipes) and are already being burned.....damn shame too...I wanted a pair from Snipes before that link was even posted pages back..:smh:

i know the feeling, i used to stay coppin my retros from those UK sites on friday at like 7pm before id go out. Start your weekend off right, w/ any easy cop and you can sleep in saturday am. Not that the UK/euro sites were a huge secret, but the masses didnt know about them. they do know

Actually, I'm gonna disagree on this one. I have been out of the country and respect other cultures but when you lay out 260-270 and don't receive a tracking number without sending an email, looks suspect. I guess it's my ignorance to think they'd have their s*** together like an Oqium...(raises hand to face).
Ok for a start, notice how Oqium's site is in English by default and Backdoor's isn't. Notice how the first few questions on Oqium's FAQ page are about International shipping. Clearly one shop is setup for International customers better than the other. No-one forced anyone to order from Backdoor. In fact I'm guessing 99.9% of people who ordered did not even know they existed before the link was posted here.

It looked far from suspect. Clearly they were legit, you knew they must have been completely overwhelmed, it was time to just chill out and have some patience.

People should be grateful their orders got shipped at all. I get that there's thirst, but the self-entitlement is crazy.

I live within a short drive of some of the UK spots posted on here which now are impossible to get anything hyped from. For example end use to be a great spot to pick up from, now its reputation is becoming trashed in the UK online community as its small server can't cope with the world hitting them up. Partly there fault for offering worldwide shipping I suppose but I'm sure there reputation is worth more to these smaller spots locally in the long run after all the BS dies down and the sheep have moved on to the next yeezy/galaxy/cork/88wc hypebeast release.

I hear there's a spot in North Korea with a FSR!

I live within a short drive of some of the UK spots posted on here which now are impossible to get anything hyped from. For example end use to be a great spot to pick up from, now its reputation is becoming trashed in the UK online community as its small server can't cope with the world hitting them up. Partly there fault for offering worldwide shipping I suppose but I'm sure there reputation is worth more to these smaller spots locally in the long run after all the BS dies down and the sheep have moved on to the next yeezy/galaxy/cork/88wc hypebeast release.

I hear there's a spot in North Korea with a FSR!

Yea i just saw that too, they have a shop in yemen also

Ok for a start, notice how Oqium's site is in English by default and Backdoor's isn't. Notice how the first few questions on Oqium's FAQ page are about International shipping. Clearly one shop is setup for International customers better than the other. No-one forced anyone to order from Backdoor. In fact I'm guessing 99.9% of people who ordered did not even know they existed before the link was posted here.

It looked far from suspect. Clearly they were legit, you knew they must have been completely overwhelmed, it was time to just chill out and have some patience.

People should be grateful their orders got shipped at all. I get that there's thirst, but the self-entitlement is crazy.

Damn chill. You're right, I had never ever heard of BD until the link was posted. I've been ordering from Euro sites for a while and usually can grab my one pair until recently. I agree that releases are harder to come by but that seems like great business for these guys, no? I had a very polite exchange with these guys for the "one" pair I ordered. Stop blaming me for smaller boutiques offering international shipping that can't handle the influx from a link posted on a forum. Seems like they made out pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom