Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local Jimmy Jazz only got these shoes in & stupidity ensued right around 9:30, a half hour before the store opened. I really don't give a eff if you had chairs posted up or said you had chairs posted up and they got stolen, if you're not in line when I get in the line, then I'm ahead of you. Rampant line cuts, might not have been able to get my size regardless, but I would have come away with some trade bait instead of a pair for my sister. :smh:

I'm not about that hours upon hours camping life or even paying dudes to muscle me into the line to cut someone else. It's just really frustrating the loops people have to go through to get a shoe. Hell, even people with connections are being left empty handed.

Whatevs.

So this local spot got 28 pairs...

Somehow none were available this morning :lol:.

They're known for doing that type of ****...no idea how Nike hasn't taken their account away.

They told me earlier in the week they were doing wristbands Friday. Called yesterday and said they didn't have enough pairs to do wristbands and were just letting people line up. I asked how many and he said they only got 9 pairs. Good luck though.

O word. Might as well get some McDonald's and go back to crib lol.

Why do old heads think that it isnt possible that we just like a shoe because of mike? Im 20 and ive wanted these to retro since i got in the game in 08. I couldnt give two f**** that ye wore em. Im not out here wearing leather pants and s***
But Mike never wore these...

Got mine!!! Camped outside Jimmy Jazz downtown Brooklyn since 4 am and was the 6th guy on line. Grabbed the last 11. As long as they have a spot for FCFS I'm down to camp.

The sneaker game is messed up. The one shoe I really wanted I couldn't get. Most stores had less than 10 pairs. 16 year old highschool kids bought up half the pairs and trying to resell them in store. Other people getting paid to buy for some dude.....who aparrently sells them out his truck.

I've seen some crazy stuff today.  

Bit of a Easy(Lucky) cop. Called Jimmy Jazz Kings Plaza yesterday around 10am. They told me security was handing out wristbands(10 in total) for line placement at 12 noon. Got there around 11:40 only 3 dudes in front of me. Got the second to last band(for some reason they only had 5 bands). Showed up around 8 am this morning to Jimmy Jazz and about 5 people ahead. by opening time i end up being last in line due to people who where already there(9 others). everyone starts to panic and just buys whatever they can get a hold of. 2 guys in front of me were also a sz.10. By the time they get to me they ask my size and i tell them it doesn't matter if its the last pair i'll just take it. Walk up to the counter. IDK what happened but the last pair ended up being my sz.10. Spent a total of 3 hours waiting for the shoes and got exactly what i wanted.

So this local spot got 28 pairs...

Somehow none were available this morning
laugh.gif

They're known for doing that type of ****...no idea how Nike hasn't taken their account away.
Here in nyc, there's a very famous store which i'm not even going to shout out but they even have collabs with big brands, but for some reason, all 18 pairs never made it to release. Nike doesn't care. I don't even want to mention how they handled the yeezy 2 release.

Last edited:
If all these hipster hypebeast reselling young'ns are getting to the stores earlier and camping longer than you, then maybe they want the sneakers more than all of you that "really want the shoes." You really have no one to blame but yourself. If you really wanted the shoe "that bad" do some homework or pay a little extra. No need for all the salt. My only complaint about these kids is having to hear about their "swag" while I'm standing in line.

NEED HELP !!! looking for Royal 1s size 12 !!! i have a size 11 i bought from HOH since that was the largest size the had left need to trade these for size 12 ! ANY NT from upstate NY area can help.will post pics via my twitter @jgreen845 

Here in nyc, there's a very famous store which i'm not even going to shout out but they even have collabs with big brands, but for some reason, all 18 pairs never made it to release. Nike doesn't care. I don't even want to mention how they handled the yeezy 2 release.

I've been thinking about calling Nike regarding these pricks.

I called last year during ASW, offered them $900 cash for one of their TWO Galaxy Foams in a 12 and he was like "umm...nah man I can't".

Thinking they'd be available on rd, when you called the day before they told people they weren't getting them. :lol:

Was NOT able to get my sz.12's so I got stuck getting a sz.9 SMMFH! Now I got to sell/trade these and hope to get a size 12 which I don't see happening SMH...

The most stressful day I've had in a long time man smh
Didn't get them around my way so Eastbay was my only
chance and that went horribly smh idk how to feel right now

I wear a size 9.5 if anybody wants to get rid of a pair btw

Last edited:
LOL I thought I had a chance :smh:

Props to dudes who wait hours in line for these kicks, I don't have the patience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom