Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly am I losing if I gained $55?

I traded in used sneakers for new sneakers and pocketed $55
depending on which pair you think is better ('01 vs '13), quality wise.  but it also depends on how beat your old ones were.  If they were run to the ground and you somehow managed to still get 355, I would say you win.

Not trying to take sides or cause trouble but...

Just picked up my order from the mail room from JsForDays/Coldcity

Really happy, thanks man. Just wish I ordered 2 pairs.

Me too. They had $215 shipped at a point....i definitely slept. taking care of these holiday pre-orders now before those prices raise. 100% legit. NT FAM :smokin

LOL

What have you given to niketalk? Why is someone obligated to give you info over another?

I'm not going to give a person info if I dont know you/never meet you or never spoke to you before this hyped thread.

What have you done for me?

i agree

that's why i dont post any info anymore

like when i posted jordan black/red 6's at $41.97 at an outlet
or when i posted Olympic 7's back in 2004 for $99.99 at another outlet
another example i posted more outlet info last year for royal foams at $89.99

if i really want to find something i most times do so

since you say can find stuff yourself

be smart and keep it to yourself

thanks do a member that's nicer then you and me i found the site

just wanted to see if i would get an answer

Last edited:
:smh: this thread. Can't believe people paying over $225 for these :smh:
IDC. It is in my top 5 grails $250 shipped each was worth it to me. No regrets. For the most part when the XIs sell out and I miss mine, I dont even budge. is have always been one of my favorite silhouettes.
Now I wam only wondering if I should preorder blacktoes from Cold at $260 shipped to avoid this mess in the future

EDIT: NVM the prices are up to 295 shipped on his site. He can keep em

Last edited:
Yeah you won but all that really matters is if you're happy.
You came up my man. You can see it from many different perspectives but to me you came up.

A lot of people like to default to the thought that "the older retro" >>>> "the newer retro." I don't always agree. Objectively speaking:

1) The 2013 is truer to the 1985 OG than the 01's.

2) The 01' shape is the most "off" shape of any 1 retro. 

3) The quality of the 01 is not great by any means. The standouts in 1 quality are obviously the Banned 1's and of maybe the Vegas 1's (buttery leather.) Every other 1 hasn't been amazing. In fact the 01 is the most uncomfortable of all releases (sole is paper thin.)

Having said all that, in my personal opinion, I happen to love the shape and sillhouette of the '01's more than any other version. It may be for nostalgic reasons (was in high school when the 01's came out and I purchased them with my own hard earned cash), but at the end of the day, that's personal preference. Objectively speaking, the 01's are not better than the 13's quality wise. 

Last edited:
Local HOH got a late shipment of large sizes. Not that you can do phone orders but the manager is making calls to people who entered the raffle and didnt get them over the weekend. Lucky enough to get a 2nd pair, picked up the Knicks while i was there. Be on the look out for calls from your HOH

Last edited:
How exactly am I losing if I gained $55?

I traded in used sneakers for new sneakers and pocketed $55

i didnt say you lost, i mean u do "essentially" have the same shoe but brand new and $50 but... they are not 2001 quality but if thats what u wanted then you won, i just wouldnt sell any 01 to cop a new release because of the quality issue. Plus $300 for this release is nuts, if you drop another $200-300 you could get some OGs in decent shape

You actually can teach an old dog new tricks, fwiw..

Did everyone who ordered from str8lacedup get refunded? I cancelled my order after i found out he was a pedophile, just wondering where the other 9 or 10 guys stand..

Did everyone who ordered from str8lacedup get refunded? I cancelled my order after i found out he was a pedophile, just wondering where the other 9 or 10 guys stand..
:nerd: who? how did you figure this out?

New to the NT forums, but not Jordans....  This release is crazy! I know success buying online is slim, but selling out the second it drops is a joke! I hope this isnt a sign of how the black toe release is gonna be. Still on the hunt...

What do they do in customs? Do they open the package? Why would it need to be held to tax dude?

They do open some boxes at customs. They aint even nice about it too. I remember seeing some straights knife punctures on some of NTer's Black/Red XI boxes, just so they can peek inside and see what it is.

laugh.gif
... Yeah he refunded me said he couldn't come through cause they were more limited then he expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom