Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

:wow:
eek.gif
@ what this threads turned into...

Where's Cameron Nelson when you need him ehh?.. :lol:
laugh.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>G-mail[/td][td]Yuku[/td][/tr][/table]​
I be the anti-myth rhythm rock shocker...

Quote:
I really have nothing against guys who don't see, understand or even care about my perspective. I understand that the "look" or some variation of an OG is fine for most people.
But it shouldn't be difficult for those same people to understand and respect why those who owned og's hold Brand Jordan to a slightly higher standard. If JB never released retros as replicas, our stance would be weakened. If JB chooses to continue to go away from the essence, the price SHOULD NOT go up. I don't even see how that's debatable between CONSUMERS.
The issues that people complain about would benefit the MAJORITY if those wishes were granted. You wouldn't see many people talking about "please take away the Nike Air", "give me Payless pleather", "the original retail price was too low, we want to pay more", "the quality is too good",
If you're happy with how things are, why even bother wasting energy to address the 'whiners?' You're getting what you want...you got it made. Soooo much "heat." Enjoy it.
When guys complain about the quality of the shoes, their ranting and complaining is for the sole purpose of changing the products only. When you dudes, who get what you want, tell the complainers to "stop complaining", "get over it", "buy or don't buy", you seem to do it with the sole purpose of pissin' someone off or to belittle anyone who doesn't see it your way. Yeah, some OG head say some dumb like "noobs" and "you didn't own any og's", but usually that is in defense of the backlash they get from those who have nothing to be mad about.
Just remember, if those common wishes of the "complainers" are granted, YOU WILL STILL BE IN LINE. I still have yet, since we knew of the change, to see at least FIVE people requesting those leather wings and tabs to come back for the retail release of the militaries...
But yeah, stop complaining right?

chitown4eva, thanks for that post. Wow, that's putting it into a tidy summary/perspective. 8)
glasses.gif

All of you saying that ppl care too much about shoes are being hypocrites...

honestly we give so much to nike/JB, all we ask for is a proper retro. A retro is exactly that, a replica of an original made for today..

other brands such as adidas seem to pride themselves on persvering their brands history and keeping things similar as possible. see : adidas 35th series, or puma clydes.

I just wish JB would at least put a "little" more effort and do simple things, NIKE AIR ON THE BACK, who the hell doesnt know that JB is affiliated with Nike anyway, whats wrong with that?? its not like Nike is an un-cool company

parallel netting, plastic wings, add maybe like .50 cents to the production costs, but just look better

nuff said..

JB is lazy, greedy and careless, but with that being said, ill still cop a pair eventually..
Sz 9 DS Pilgrim/Olive Court Forces $150 shipped shipped , New Logitech Xbox Wireless headset $40 shipped

Quote:
A retro is exactly that, a replica of an original made for today..

Retro - Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point

Replica - A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.

Retro and replica are two very different things.
Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

These damn things are overrated and ugly, plain and simple. I actually copped some XIV's today instead....
I'm moving up in the shoe game at break-neck speed...

Quote:
If you honestly expect something to stay the same in price for 17 years you've got to be an idiot.

That's sort of true. Except JB is asking us to pay $$$ for shoes that have the same quality of payless shoes. I know about the whole "If you don't like it, then don't buy it!" thing, but I mean come on you can't expect me to pass up on all of these releases. Hopefully, JB will read 1 of the many threads and either lower his prices atleast $10-$20 or make the quality better. JB owes us that much because without us they'd be a flop just like L.A. Gear.
AN FRANCISCO GIANTS
AN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Not for nothing but you guys going back and forth are like a bunch of girls!!!! This debate is real simple and i can settle it for you all right now.... Ready????

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE QUALITY OF THE SHOE OR DON'T LIKE SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHOE THEN DON'T BUY IT...

See that??? That is how simple it is... there is no need to go back and forth about it. If you don;t like the quality... stop buying stuff from them and hope enough other poeple do the same so that their sales fall. Because until their sales fall, they ain't gonna change a thing. What are they in business for??? TO MAKE MONEY... PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!! As long as you buy their stuff, they will continue to make them they same way they are now so either get used to it and stop complaining or stop buying... those are your options weither you like them or not!!!!

And to everyone crying about the cost of them going up... You want to know why they have gone up so much in this batch of releases??? Go take a look at the gas pumps at your local gas station and check the prices and you'll know why the prices went up since the last reto of the 3's and 4's!!!! Shoes don't magicly get delivered to stores they have to be driven in trucks and on boats and those costs have gone up dramaticly in the past year alone let alone 2 years ago. I mean let's take for instance the last 4's in 2004 the price of gas was around $1.80/gallon well now it's over $3/ gallon... ALMOST DOUBLE THE PRICE!!! That does not only effect you putting gas into your cars it effects trucking companies, boat companies and all that. But you people obviously do not think about that kind of stuff... Again if you have a problem with the price and you think they shouldn't be that much... don't buy them. If the price increase went up at inflation rates that other things have gone up these SHOULD cost $175-$200 from the original release date 17 years ago so you should be happy they are only $115-$125...

opinions. people are going mad hard over other people's own personal opinions.

not everybody in the world has been wearing or caring about jordans since '85/'86. to those at corporate, this is a business. it's all about cutting costs, getting the most out of what you have, and expanding profits. if the shoe is going to sell, why "make sure you do it right" to the standards of a few collectors/enthusiasts? sucks for us but we're not the general public so it's whatever to JB.

i wish they used better leather and a straight IV mold instead of the "banana type" mold too but they didn't. like GB said, these are retros, not replicas. there definitely is a difference. i'll just get my pairs on discount and move on.

Quote:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE QUALITY OF THE SHOE OR DON'T LIKE SOMETHING ABOUT THE SHOE THEN DON'T BUY IT...

See that??? That is how simple it is... there is no need to go back and forth about it.

If anything, Nike or JB reps are scanning this thread, and are understanding that this is a problem amongst some of their most dedicated customers. Nike has a name to live up to, and if they don't realize they are falling off, then perhaps this thread, and others alike will put them on to it. If this trend of poorly made shoes continues, Nike and JB will ultimately fall, and I know they don't want that.

lol pplz saying they wont get them, but they will. im gettin my pair next weekend for $80 @ my boy's job. no lines. *whew*

:lol:
laugh.gif
This is a stupid pair of basketball shoes. If you guys like OG's so much then go hunt down a pair of deadstock OG's and stop complaining. It's not 1989 anymore, get over it. Why complain so much over a pair of shoes you're not gonna buy, that makes no sense. There's thousands of shoes that I don't like because they suck, but there's no point in going into those threads and whine about the colors or the quality. Get a life.

Dont worry this will be one official post that has complaining for a reason!! Dont cop not worth it at all classic or not, you'll see!!

I'm BUYING them. I like them. I saw them in person this past weekend at my boys cookout. Jarret Jack (GT) had them on. He said they sent him some (grey and blue joints" (Militaries) too. After seeing how fresh the Mars looked. SOLD. So all I want to know is if anybody that already has them put RED or BLACK laces in yet. If so, post some pics. I'm curious to see what they look like.

:rofl:
roll.gif
@ cats bickering over the quality of some Jordans on a messgae board as if Jordan Brand cares, you guys don't think they've realized that Air Jordan quality has severly declined over the years, last time i check they're the ones who mass produce the shoes and put them on the market. Ya'll elitest Jordan heads need to move on with the times, the quality isn't going to improve, there will be no "Nike Air" on the back of Air Jordans anytime soon and the prices will never go back to Air Jordan prices circa 88 or 89 so let it go.

Like Jay-z says on 99 Problems "if you don't like my lyrics you can press fastforward" same thing applies to Jordan Brand if you don't like the quality stop buying them, it will hurt you nothing. If you want Jordans with good quality how about dropping 400+ for the original shoes and stop whining like some some brats, its pathetic

The thing you elitest Jordan heads fail to realize is that Jordans are a status symbol in urban communities. Teensagers and their parents will buy them no matter how terrible the quality is, for some people Air Jordans are all they know and will forever buy their products just because of the name. These like the many other Air Jordans to drop this year will sell out within in a few days if not faster so while yall compalin about quality, Jordan brand will look at their profit margin increase release after release after release. Air Jordans have been going strong for 20+ years now you think complaining about quality will all of a sudden bring about change.

**CAUTION***​

BenFranklinAve- PREACH

i wholeheartedly agree. i've only been collecting since 1996 and i've noticed a decline in the quality even from 2000, but i'm still happy w/ whatever i can get my hands on. these came out in 1989, right? you know i'm happy that i can at least get my hands on something close to the OG and even the lasers, which i missed out on.
I'm the ugliest version of passed down toxic capitalist
rapid emcee perversion -- I'm America!
Your bleeding-heart liberal drivel gets squashed
Wash em with sterilized rhyme patriot-guided weaponry bomb
from the makers of the devious hearts -- I'm America!- EL-P

the mars r my all time grails, but I might have to not get them because of the quality. JB sucks
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."-Bill Cosby

It is official that there were problems with our phones saturday, and again I just want to apologize for everyone that had problems. We believe that we have the problem corrected, and even though we are almost sold out of these, hopefully (since we think the problem is fixed) people will never be on hold for that long again.
[/url]

Quote:
Hookup needed for NYC...who's sellin dese early?

All over NYC got them early. But does it really make sense to cop them early when they come out in 5 days? Be patient. But if you are so compelled to have them, arm a unlimited ride metrocard, a iPod full of songs, and travel all over the city to find them. Thats all the info you need.

Back
Top Bottom