Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

team disgruntled will always be disgruntled :lol:
laugh.gif

I had to go through many pairs of XIVs just to get an A-Grade. I've been noticing myself getting a bunch of older retros before 02, when quality was good and retros were made like OGs. I'm going to see these in person tomorrow so i'll have to see how bad the quality really is. They take off the nike air, change the mesh, lower the quality but add rubber wings and tabs and that pleases people, the consumer has to step up or JB will walk on us. Cuz other nikes arent even made that bad, just jordans.

Quote:
If everyone chose to hold off and only buy these shoes for only 120 shipped, that'll be the resale price. It's probably not gonna happen. But that's how I think it works.

Thats pretty much it. Its not the resellers fault its the buyers fault. IE, chambray went for 200+ a week after they came out, now they go for $140 on ebay.
Jordans 4 Sale sz 11.5 - Tour IV, Mist IV, Pacific XIV, Pt.Blue Dub-Zero
[email protected] AIM: Jonny91589.

Quote:

You need to quit. You represent a new breed of troll. You do realize that all the OG heads don't make up the biggest demo for JB don't you? You guys are in the minority. It's proven by the number of high school teens at the malls with rainbows of jays.

Watch these disapear. Every baller, fake thug, drug dealer, and trend rider will have these. As has been the case for many years. Nothing new here. On top of that your an "empty whiner". Meaning that you complain and then buy retros. It's cool though since many on here are the same way. You think your grapes in september will be any better quality wise? You think your anus is any better than anyone elses? I doubt it. You did prove a point. And it's that when it comes to JB everybody has a price. Ours is mars, yours is grapes. One way or another they are going to cash in. And when you step out of line, just remember, there will always be sombody behind you waiting to step up.

And ruining the game? What game? They're just shoes. We buy them, we wear them. The only parts to your so called game I see are reselling shoes and storing them in closets, then taking them out to show other people on NT for years on end. Pathetic all the way around. And calling them joe six packs is also rediculous. When you copped your first pair of jays, did people call you names? So why not let the younger crowd have some fun?

I wonder if you complain to your GF as much as you do to us? Seriously, Ive never seen a grown man complain so much. :lol:
laugh.gif

This is the damn truth all he does is @#%$ @#%$ @#%$, making fun of somebody because they never had OG 13's your pathetic, grow up. All you do is complain, but you don't do @#%$ about it, if you complained this much to JB you would probably get something done.

:smh:
nono.gif
at this whole thread......

the cats still posting up stuff in here about the mars 4s being a bad shoe, actually sadly still care about it... :rofl:
roll.gif
it's funny so stop frontin' i just want my pair
Philippines
Member No. 90[/center]

Quote:
i copped 2 Sz 10s on sidelinefootwear.com...i was on hold for 30 minutes and the music got annoying but it was worth it to finally get through...i needed a 10.5 but they were already sold out so i ended up with a size 10...i'm happy just gotta wait for them to come in

So your the one that took my 10's. Just playin man. I was on hold for 75 minutes wanting those 10's.

Ok...I have to respond to this...

I'm not influencing anyone in anyway..Purchase what you want, i can't stop you..But as i was going through this post i definately agree with AIR J,OGFresh,& Jumpman.These shoes are horrible.Unless JB gives these to me for free..I won't be owning a pair.

Oh yeah and Baby JUnit your'e contradicting your brother's statements.

LINK

Here's what he said:

Quote:
Go Out & Take it easy and obtain a pair in person. Just see how great it feels to "cop" one of last couple of years best release to date.

But Be Easy with this. there is enough "Mars" Love to go around.

^^^
:lol:
laugh.gif

But no hate.Just laughing that he went from that statement to what he said now..

But yeah the Mars IV are horrible..And unless people stop purchasing this crap,JB will never see that what there doing is a "problem"

i think you guys are getting to deep in it. the point is from 85 to 02, ALL jordans were of the utmost quality and in 2003, the quality went south, and on top of that prices are going up. so if that doesn't bother you, fine, but dont knock those who WANT TO CONTINUE buying jordans but arent satisfied with JB's lowered standards.

We arent trying to knock those who like what JB is doing, were just saying that JB is charging more for lower quality products and maybe you shouldn't accept it so wholeheartedly.

For all the people who have touched this shoe, answer me this one question. Is the "leather" like the '04 white/green 4s? This was the last pair I had and I remember the official post for those not having nearly as much negativity as this one.

Quote:
Almost all shoes today are made inferior to older shoes no matter the brand.

Pretty much. I've had a couple of pairs of shoes made out the material of the 4s (air force max).

I don't feel that JB made the switch to annoy us. I think it's just a matter of evolotion. Throwback jerseys are made of heavier materials compared to the nike/reebok jerseys of today, but nobody complains about those. Why? Because it's an evolution. Things change.

Same thing with suits. You think todays suits match the quality of those polyester ones worn by JJ Evans or Jack from 3s company? No way. The tradeoff is that we have added breathability with the materials as well as a lighter product. Where the difference comes into play is with the price. I'm paying more for these than the heavier ones of the past. After I get my mars I'm done. I'm only getting these because they are one of my favorites in the line, I need a clean red shoe that looks good with jeans, and one that isn't overly expensive.

I'm more interested in the design of the shoes more than the materials used.

One thing the guys complaining can keep in mind is this:

A retro might cost you a few dollars more, and an OG might cost you a few hundred. However, your memories will last longer than both, and those don't cost you a thing.

TRANSFERING FALL '06
GO BEARS!!!​

Quote:
We arent trying to knock who likes what JB is doing, were just saying that JB is charging more for lower quality products and maybe you shouldn't accept it so wholeheartedly.

Exactly. I've never attacked anyone for their preferences. If you're happy, I'm happy for you. I really have nothing against guys who don't see, understand or even care about my perspective. I understand that the "look" or some variation of an OG is fine for most people.

But it shouldn't be difficult for those same people to understand and respect why those who owned og's hold Brand Jordan to a slightly higher standard. If JB never released retros as replicas, our stance would be weakened. If JB chooses to continue to go away from the essence, the price SHOULD NOT go up. I don't even see how that's debatable between CONSUMERS.

The issues that people complain about would benefit the MAJORITY if those wishes were granted. You wouldn't see many people talking about "please take away the Nike Air", "give me Payless pleather", "the original retail price was too low, we want to pay more", "the quality is too good",

If you're happy with how things are, why even bother wasting energy to address the 'whiners?' You're getting what you want...you got it made. Soooo much "heat." Enjoy it.

When guys complain about the quality of the shoes, their ranting and complaining is for the sole purpose of changing the products only. When you dudes, who get what you want, tell the complainers to "stop complaining", "get over it", "buy or don't buy", you seem to do it with the sole purpose of pissin' someone off or to belittle anyone who doesn't see it your way. Yeah, some OG head say some dumb @#%$ like "noobs" and "you didn't own any og's", but usually that is in defense of the backlash they get from those who have nothing to be mad about.

Just remember, if those common wishes of the "complainers" are granted, YOU WILL STILL BE IN LINE. I still have yet, since we knew of the change, to see at least FIVE people requesting those leather wings and tabs to come back for the retail release of the militaries...

But yeah, stop complaing right?

JumpmansATL7..........glad you took the time to disect my post now let me reply back to a couple of your comments.
Quote:
the blk/silver V and fire red V are retros and they're replicas. a replica is a close reproduction of the original. that's the definition. none of the retros today are replicas anymore

"Listen all these releases by "JB" are "RETROS" not replicas. I hope ya know the difference" that is what i said. so let me post defintions since your having a hard time understanding me and seem confused yourself by your comment stating the released that you say were "retros and replicas"

Retro - Involving, relating to, or reminiscent of things past; retrospective: As is often the case in retro fashion, historical accuracy is somewhat beside the point

Replica - A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
Quote:
uhhh why did they in 1999-2001?

Please quote me correctly next time and include the sentence following the one you quoted which clearly explained my point and completed my thought. I think you learn how to properly quote ppl in the 7th grade. Assuming you have completed that grade.
Quote:
uhhh we're talking about quality of leather...not creasing. all shoes crease.

The comment your responding too was for the masses of people on here who made comments about the 4s creasing too easily due to the "cheap leather" Have you even seen the 4s for yourself yet or are you just going by what people say?
Quote:
yall heard that? he called this a very good OG retro....more like a butchered classic.
as method man said the other day, consumer standars really are LOW...yes that means you

Yes I believe this is a very good OG retro because the colorway is accurate and i have no problem with the leather. Listen not to bring other people into this post but MethodMan doesnt make my money so I'm not gonna let him tell me how to spend it. I explained my reasons for copping this shoe. I couldnt have them in the 4th grade and now i can. Yes i been rocking Jordans since 1986 when i was in the 3rd grade.
Quote:
know he didn't just say that to OGFreshReady...someone who's been wearing them since when? 1989?

you know who else thinks JB will see it's demise eventually? RockDeep, Billy Hoyle, T2Judgementday, and many others. those guys haven't been around either? stop before you lose anymore credibility

obviously this is another one of those dudes who doesn't have the ability to tell what a quality shoe is. i feel sorry for these joe sixpacks. they ruin the game and they don't even know it

I been rocking jordans since 1986, so whats your point man? Not to flame or anything but OGFreshReady is nobody to me. Why are you sweating all these people and telling us what they said? Tell us what you think when you see them for yourself. I'm pretty sure by the way that most ppl on here react to you that they dont appreciate you using their names.

And again who proclaimed these dudes (RockDeep, Billy Hoyle, T2Judgementday) experts on the longevity of Jordan Brand. I have been around and seen the rise of Jordan the man, the franchise, and company. I know enough to know that they are still selling shoes by the millions and signing ball players to represent their brand.

Are you The Grim Reaper of credibility? I am not worried about some dude like you who cant argue his own points without having to bring others into the mix. Stand up on your own like a man and not some kid.

And just to reiterate what i said before about the the last part of your quote. I bought these shoes more for nostalgic reasons than anything and like i said the quality is good enough for me.

Hope you didnt confuse me by seeing the pic of me in some baggy shorts and think i was one of these young kids who dont remember or werent around for the OG days. I am 27 and well aware. I guess you consider ppl on here with high post counts OGs. I myself consider OGs to be people who were around for the good ol days of skipping school to cop jordans and having to avoid stick up kids.

It was fun. Good Day to you sir. Oh by the way do you still want me to join team disgruntled. Whos credibility is in question again??????
2072gzn.jpg

:rofl:
roll.gif

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

Quote:
If JB never released retros as replicas, our stance would be weakened. If JB chooses to continue to go away from the essence, the price SHOULD NOT go up. I don't even see how that's debatable between CONSUMERS.

Exactly...

Quote:
. Soooo much "heat." Enjoy it.

Exactly...

Quote:
When guys complain about the quality of the shoes, their ranting and complaining is for the sole purpose of changing the products only. Yeah, some OG head say some dumb like "noobs" and "you didn't own any og's", but usually that is in defense of the backlash they get from those who have nothing to be mad about.

Exactly...

BRAVES BASEBALL​
....yeah right​

I saw them in person for the first time at work yesterday. The pair I plan on buying (since it's the only one in my size) is kinda messed up. I doesn't have that typical Jordan smell either. Kinda smell like Pro Keds. Maybe that's just from working at a shoe store or something. Anyway, will still have to buy a pair eventhough there isn't as many of these going around as I thought.
[/i]
[/i]

GBdaMan......

Quote:
Please quote me correctly next time and include the sentence following the one you quoted which clearly explained my point and completed my thought. I think you learn how to properly quote ppl in the 7th grade. Assuming you have completed that grade.

laugh.gif
ok i'll quote the following sentence and explain your imbecilic inconsistency.

Quote:
And why would they put Nike Air on a JB product? Yes they may have a special release down the road with nike air on it but by no means is JB gonna lose the jordan logo and start using nike air all the time.

you sir have no idea what you are talking about :lol:
laugh.gif

you just say why would they put Nike Air on a JB product but then follow that up with a contradiction. they are going to put Nike Air on the back of certain colorways. why would it be ok some of the time? oh so now it's ok to have Nike Air on a JB product SOME of the time. dude isn't that bright...which would explain his satisfaction with a below average shoe :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif

Quote:
The comment your responding too was for the masses of people on here who made comments about the 4s creasing too easily due to the "cheap leather" Have you even seen the 4s for yourself yet or are you just going by what people say?

"responding too"? i believe there is only one "o" in that. looks like YOU didn't finish 7th grade :lol:
laugh.gif
and yes i've seen them in person.

Quote:
Yes I believe this is a very good OG retro because the colorway is accurate and i have no problem with the leather.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Quote:
but MethodMan doesnt make my money so I'm not gonna let him tell me how to spend it.
Quote:
I been rocking jordans since 1986, so whats your point man? Not to flame or anything but OGFreshReady is nobody to me

and you are somebody? haha....at least OGFR can tell what's good quality and what's not....hehe.

you want to criticize how i quoted you but yet your simple english skills are severely lacking. "I been"??? that's second grade level righ there doggie.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure by the way that most ppl on here react to you that they dont appreciate you using their names.

whether or not that's true is irrelevant. dude is reaching for things to accuse me of now. my point is that you said ANYONE who thinks JB's demise is in the near future is either CRAZY or haven't been around. that was a blanket statement....and was untrue. i proved it so move along.

Quote:
And again who proclaimed these dudes (RockDeep, Billy Hoyle, T2Judgementday) experts on the longevity of Jordan Brand.

nobody said they were experts. try again. i'm saying they are not crazy nor have they not "been around long". i feel sorry for people who cannot read :smh:
nono.gif

Quote:
Are you The Grim Reaper of credibility? I am not worried about some dude like you who cant argue his own points without having to bring others into the mix. Stand up on your own like a man and not some kid.

grim reaper of credility??? LMAO :rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
WTH is that? that makes no sense. your imbecilic responses do make me laugh and i appreciate that. i AM arguing my own points. i used a couple posters as examples. i'm often arguing with people with much higher post counts than me. i don't give a @#%$ what the post count is or the date joined. you should've picked up on that by now.

Quote:
I guess you consider ppl on here with high post counts OGs.

now that's a ******ed assumption. where did you get that? OGFR has a low post count compared to a lot of people on here. 3thaman, a member of Team Disgruntled, is in his 30's and barely has any posts. that's a true og head right there though. maybe you could learn something from him.

Quote:
It was fun. Good Day to you sir

patronizing average joes get on my nerves :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Quote:
Oh by the way do you still want me to join team disgruntled. Whos credibility is in question again??????

hell no i don't want you on. that's OLD doggie. how does that hurt my credibility?? after i've seen your moronic views and opinions on quality, there's no way you could get on. dude really needs to go back and get his GED :rofl:
roll.gif

dude thought he was embarrasing me by posting that but i'm proud of what i wrote :wink:
wink.gif
and know that an average joe that's ok with garbage doesn't have a snowflakes chance in hell of joining now. yeah i DID want you to join....but that was before your real views were exposed in this post.

PWNT.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

Look as me being a longtime jordan/nike buyer I can say the materials that the shoes where made with back when the 4's where first release where cheap materials at the time.Now as time goes on and the price of everything goes up.Then same materials used back in 1989 for the shoe are now a quality made product.The shoes where made just as cheaply as the shoes made today.Also When I myself buy a jordan/nike shoe I have come to know I am not getting a quality product.But I still buy the shoes why.Because I know what to expect.If you want to talk about a cheaply made Retro 4's with leather worse then the mars 4's take a look at the leather of the "pure 4's".So stop *****ing about the shoes or just stop buying sneakers all together.I know what to expect from nike and I would believe at this point I am sure most of you also know what to expect from the sweatshops of china.

FOR SALE- 2 PAIRS OF NIKE SB'S BOTH DEADSTOCK "SUPREME BLAZER" BLACK/BLACK PRICE $300.00 & NIKE DUNK SB LOW "LUNERS" LT GRAPHITE-ANTHRACITE PRICE $150.00 NYC MEET OR WILL SHIP IF BUYER PAYS FOR SHIPPING
YOU WANT NIKE ID CARDS.I GOT THEM.NYC MEET UP ONLY
E-MAIL ME AT [email protected]

LOL, this post is too funny. And this might get me flammed but dude killed ATL wit that group request, aint no comeback after that homeboi.
"People ask me.. you know what I'm saying..If I ever reach the top will I forget about them.So I ask them if I don't reach the top, will yall forget about me"
-Playa Fly​

^ untill you read further....

Quote:
But as i was going through this post i definately agree with AIR J,OGFresh,& Jumpman.These shoes are horrible.Unless JB gives these to me for free..I won't be owning a pair.

laugh.gif
would you seriously pass for $80?

Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

^Once again you missed the whole point of my post and rather focus on my grammatical errors (excuse me If i am work and my attention is split). My point was that too many ppl are complaining about things that are not gonna change. And i clearly expressed that these releases are good enough for ME not U. Your last post didnt accomplish anything but point out that i hurried in my reply and made some mistakes. I have a bachelors from one of the Biggest and most credible universities in this country homie (Michigan State University). Dont get all mad and attack me with nonsense. Make your own points, and stop using others for your source of info
Quote:
hell no i don't want you on. that's OLD doggie. how does that hurt my credibility?? after i've seen your moronic views and opinions on quality, there's no way you could get on. dude really needs to go back and get his GED

It hurts your credibility cause you obviously cant take someones opinion for what it is. My last opinion on a matter promted you to send me various emails. Now that i have a different opinion on another issue i am a moron.
20743s3.jpg

I'm gonna take your advice from the email above and stop responding to the Troll

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

Quote:
If your going to cry about the small qualitly difference, ball up and buy some 99's or OGs. Almost all shoes today are made inferior to older shoes no matter the brand.

I'm stil buying my 8-10 pairs. I dont ball in my retros anyway, I cant wait till Saturday.
suddenly I heard a tapping,...

[email protected]

^^ damn dude is taking the time to take screen shots and host them. :wow:
eek.gif
laugh.gif
shows i got a reaction from the herb. here's your response....which is very different now that he's mad :rofl:
roll.gif
i'm not gonna take the time to take a screen shot and host it...because i do have a life and dinner is about ready. i'm gonna enjoy the evening with the gf. you can stay here and take screen shots of meaningless quotes that have NOTHING to do with anything. HERB. :rofl:
roll.gif

>Man i just hate stupid teenagers who think they know somethin. Especially ones commenting on something that was before their time.

looks like you didn't have to say anthing then. but now you do once your idiocy was exposed and you felt the need to use my previus PM's to retaliate because you're mad. you fit right in with all these kiddies too, btw.

good day sir.....pffff
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

OWNED
"As long as Black people the world over continue to remain divided along lines of religion, political party and class, we will forever be vunerable to those who seek to enslave and exploit us."

^Keep on Reaching
20758p2.jpg

But on a serious note for those that like the way these kicks look and are considering buying. I heard so much talk about the quality of these shoes that when my boy called me to come pick them up i was worried about the shoes falling apart. When i held them and examined them they there was no way i wasnt gonna cop. Especially with the mars blackmon on the side (shes gotta have it is one of my fav movies). These shoes bring back so many memories of my 80s childhood. Use your own judgement on whats good enough for you. I wear my kicks. Lets be real many of us have so many kicks that we dont need shoes to have the highest quality leather and to be the most durable (due to our rotation being so plentiful). Its not like your copping these to be your only pair of kicks for the next few months and if you are, like i said go see them for yourself and make your OWN call.

really there's no need to argue. the moment you said

Quote:
Yes I believe this is a very good OG retro because the colorway is accurate and .

it was all over. learn what quality is HERB. later dinner is ready.....
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​

Back
Top Bottom