Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

Quote:
1. Inflation
2. Inflation
3. Inflation
4. Inflation
5. Inflation

the cost of shoes is a very, very small fraction of the cost of the shoe. someone with more reliable info can give an accurate number, but i think materials and labor cost $20 or so.

a lot of the money goes into design, testing, and marketing for the shoes. however, all this work has been done for these retros. the only money JB spends when they re-release a shoe is for materials and labor.

ignoring all that, the main problem is this: people are paying >$100. that means you should get a very good shoe. i'd pay $200 if i knew the shoe was as perfect as possible. however, the only "premium" thing we're getting is the design of the shoe. we're not getting the top quality, the top construction, or the newest technology. similarly priced shoes deliver most of these things, but these retro J's don't.

in the end though, i guess most people only buy J's cause of the design, which i guess explians why so many people wear fakes too.

licious
I am the Kobe Stopper​
, good luck with your cousin. PM me some day with what happened.

people arguing over the quality?.... GOD i just want my pair, these cats always talking about the quality sucking @#%$ and all this blood clot crying needs to stop now. chuuuuuuuuch
Philippines
Member No. 90[/center]

WOW! YALL ARE TRIPPPIN. Arguin over QUALITY????

:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

YPHY
M OV E M E N T​

I dusted off my ezboard for this.
Im 28 years old iv been around since the days when ONLY the rich and drug dealers rocked jordans and I was neither, but i still got it done.

HERE IT IS PEOPLE.........
What should be done. Listen up....because I dont speak unless i have something to be heard.
3 times a year Jordan Brand and Nike should team up once again and RETRO 3, only 3 ORIGINALS each year, ORIGINAL NIKE AIR JORDANS in there ORIGINAL form and package each one in its ORIGINAL BOX. 3 Jordans a year BAM!!!!!!
THEY COULD CHARGE $200 a pair for these if they need to, it will be urban accounts only because thats who wants these the most. I live in the burbs people.... I can rock an OG 3 days stright and nobody notices.
Jordan Brand could keep making all of the retros they make right now, keep pumping out everything they do right now because it sells like crack. But keep something special in the jordan label for the die hard and the AGING vets of this culture, who rocked a new V to school in 5th grade and new what it felt like to have something that sick laying in a bad @#%$ box next to your bed as you slept.
.nike/jordan brand........call me ...... I need a job.

^^^ that will never happen homie, that would be nice but its supply and demand. JB knows that they would be loosing money by doing so. I think by saturating the market somewhat helps those because prices will drop after release date on sites ie. ebay
Jordans For SALE

Check out my collection at http://www.myspace.com/13299103

Quote:
^^170 ain't bad at all cuz after Sat ur gonna see prices at $200. If people are willing to pay between $150-$175 for the whack colorway iv's that have come out so far this year, what makes you think they will not pay $200 for a classic colorway

are you frickin kidding me? do you honestly think these will fetch any money at all? Sorry dude but you wont be able to resell a family release...it aint happening dude.. if people thought like you, we would have 10,000 pairs of iv's on ebay which means the price would hit below retail on there..

now if you sit on them and wait maybe 3-4 years later, then you might get 200 for these..

i feel sorry for the morons on pys and kicks r us who actually bought them from there. they are probably all rookies or resellers who think this release is limited...

did the black/red xiv resell well? :lol:
laugh.gif

FOR SALE: Size 12 DS Nike Air Pippen 3, Nike Air Hyperflight, Nike Kobe 2k5 All Stars, Nike Air Jordan VII Flint, Also NDS Nike Air Jordan Retro IX Cool Grey, Nike Air Jordan VI Retro Low, Nike VC Shox 1. Email At [email protected]
[/quote]

Quote:
1. Inflation

i guess you havent been reading my post. You cant be that gullable now can you?

Can you tell me what the og price of the air penny 1 was? and how much the retro was? can you tell me how much the air penny iv og price was? and then the retro price?

The trainer max 91?

The trainer sc???

retro v??

Retro XI?

Retro VII?

retro viii?

retro ix??

air max sensation aka max cw?

air max2 cb??

Inflation my black @#%$!

There is a point to complaining about Jordan brand and their crooked price hikes... To their bad quality...

There is no point however to defending what they are doing. You are completely missing the point and are out of the loop.

We changed the wings. We brought the cement 3's back out. We have done alot as a community to change what jordan brand does. and ill be damned if some johnny come lately, who wasnt even born when i got my first jays, helping to make a passion of mines a fad and cheapen j's even more, tries and tells me to quit complaining... must be out your damn mind. this is a message board. the hell are you supposed to do? take jordan shoes up the @#%$ and say "yes sir may i have another?" NO!

I will voice my displeasure on $30 price hike, bad quality, and altered versions and availablity.. its not right... and the way to change what they are doing is to VOICE YOUR OPINION....Period..

Its a sad day when VARIANT versions of classics look better, and have better qualities than what the REAL company is putting out...

I mean who in the year after the first retro IV came out would have thought that JORDAN BRAND would be putting variant mesh and using cheap leather wings and materials and paint, and not to mention price hiking an OUTDATED...say that with me kids.......OUTDATED shoe... Thats INSANE.

And dont get me started on the jumpman which was only supposed to be on Retro + shoes. If you dont know what that is, look it up...
FOR SALE: Size 12 DS Nike Air Pippen 3, Nike Air Hyperflight, Nike Kobe 2k5 All Stars, Nike Air Jordan VII Flint, Also NDS Nike Air Jordan Retro IX Cool Grey, Nike Air Jordan VI Retro Low, Nike VC Shox 1. Email At [email protected]
[/quote]

Quote:
i guess you havent been reading my post. You cant be that gullable now can you?

I have been reading, and as much as we all would like to think our posts are gospel, that just isnt the case. You asked basically why we shouldnt complain about price for these and i told you. Prices go up overtime for everything. Back in 89 these shoes retailed for 110 and now they are 115. Are you really that hurt by a $5 increase? Or the quality? I understand your argument about not wanting to pay more for what you say is a more cheapily made product, however this is a product which is over 15yrs old. You should be happy these shoes are 115 and not higher like some of these fruity retro colorways selling for over 150.

You think I'm arguing with you when I am only stating why prices are higher. I totally understand the impact of this board and how JB listens to our suggestions.

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

**shots fired**

Well while I was trying to allude to a "shot heard 'round the world" and the whole american independence theme, I realize that you are a consumer. Buying a shoe isn't a daily need as some of you think it may be and JB seen as that England that price-gouges things we need to sustain life. You got yourself into shoes--it is all voluntary. So when you start to cry and shed a tear over your beloved shoes that you never wear, collect, and buy multiple pairs of, look at the picture. See it's hues and attention to detail? Notice the underlying idea of the entire work of art?
Is pleasing the eye on the agenda? Yes. But is it long-term? No. Just like you are in an art gallery and you take the image for it's face value which makes you purchase or form a bond with the painting so as to immerse yourself in the artist's career and line of work, thus dedicating yourself. Did you look deep before you wasted time and effort on buying all of this artist's--who you hold so high--work? Maybe. Is your pockets thinner because of this trivial pursuit? Most definitely.

Black and Red...hmmm
I could put you on your feet or put some money on your head

THESE WILL GO GOOD WIT MY OG JORDAN HAT!!! :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

WHAT U GUYS THINK???
168458783.jpg

168458777.jpg

168458790.jpg

$$$$$$ I BUY J"S WHEN I WANT.HOW MANY I WANT$$$$$$

To those who asked about sizing:

True to size. I'm a size 9.5 and they're totally fine.

Peace
F Sharp005
Koninklijke Nederlandse Voetbalbond

Quote:
Look its been over 15yrs since these shoes originally came out, in that fifteen years the cost of things have risen significally. The price has nothing to do with quality. $100 in 1989 went a whole lot further than $115 today.

1988-AJ3-$100

15 years later

2003-AJ3-$100

Quote:
Can someone tell me how these really fit if:

10.5 in RETRO 7s
11 in 14s
11 in 3s (w/ some space)
10.5 AM95s
11 dunks

Should I get 10.5 or 11 ?

damn fam.

I got size 11 retro 7's, fit like my size 11 retro 14's I'm guessing the dunks will fit like my AF1's or retro 1's, and I wear a 10.5 in them. And I believe all AM's run about the same, and I wear a 11 in AM90's. And I have a 10.5 retro 3(probabally what you'd need)

From what I was told, I'd be better off with the 11, given the sizes I wear.

But with the extra toe space in the IV's, you'd probabally be better off with a 10.5. The 3's and 4's always fit somewhat similar to me.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much, I'm not the best one to give advice on sizing.

ISS, UTA.com, Uptowns.net, Howardforums: C Money 88 05-sn
I'm on ebay as c.r.r. shop. If you can't find something in your area, leave me a message and I'll try and help you.

Quote:
I never complain about quality, but these are just terrible. We got shipments in couple days ago and some have already creased(maybe a co-worker wore them but come on) I'm still going to cop however since they look hot.

You just contradicted yourself doggie. Tools like you is why JB continues to give people the screwjob.

zoomflight96 said
Quote:
Im 28 years old iv been around since the days when ONLY the rich and drug dealers rocked jordans and I was neither, but i still got it done.

It kills me when people come on here and just post stupid comments. I mean, dude here contradicted himself in his first sentence. First he says that "ONLY" the rich and drug dealers rocked Js back in the day, but somehow he managed to "get it done." Gimme a break pal. You didn't do anything different than most of us on this board. I've been rockin Js for the past 15 years believe me playa, people other than the rich and drug dealers rocked Js. I don't know where you live, but where I come from, all kinds of people rocked Js. Get real! :smh:
nono.gif

"I keep my shoes like my dad. If you know me, then you know what I'm talkin about."

Quote:
2003-AJ3-$100 WITHOUT ANY QUALITY ISSUES

seriously though... :lol:
laugh.gif
but people dont want to hear it. let them believe its inflation :lol:
laugh.gif

[/quote]

hypebeasts. that is exactly why these online stores and mom & pop stores will continue to sexually assualt consumers with there prices. why the hell would you pay 175.00 + for these when they will be available for 115.00 on sat morning ? i could understand if they were extremly limited (meaning hard to get) but this is just sad. SELF CONTROL people. maybe it's because i'm 30 but i do not see why you would spend 50.00+ extra just to have them before everyone else. i mean in a few more days everyone and there mama will have em :smh:
nono.gif
but whatever. and to all my other old heads: please just let it die. most dudes are thick headed they aint tryin ta hear what ya got to say.
Harlem plays the best ball in the country
<--- smh what was jordan thinkin?

^^^ funny thing is, these dudes think they are getting it early, the time it takes to ship em they paid extra to BUY them early, but theyre probably even gona get em after saturday HHAHAHAHA

:lol:
laugh.gif
Ya'll dudes stay camping out overnight for Jordan releases and then you wonder why Nike keeps jacking up the prices. It's our own fault. We're the ones that keep hyping up these shoes and camping out for shoes, so Nike knows they can jack up the prices on us. And we have to sit here and take it because we're not gonna stop buying them.

Back
Top Bottom