Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 45DE

I just got a confirmation from finishline.com. I tried to go on Canal St. in New Orleans…man that was so ghetto it wasnt even right if i had a hammer on me i would shot at least 4 or 5 people lakeside and esplanade both sold out of all mens sizes, I had no idea folks in the N.O. were that hard for J's. They said people on Canal were out since last night. Sports Plus sold out last week on pre order for $210 a pop.

I was in oakwood ha nothing!

And now I am on hold on finishline trying to see if these paypals went through! Good god, Nike owes us a restock for the way they handled these drops

ONE OF MY PAIRS AND MY DAUGHTER'S PAIR

MY DAUGHTER'S REACTION WAS PRICELESS

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by smoove

Got mine from NDC last night, but was tempted to hit up Northridge this morning at around 7:00. Was it crazy? Did they sell out everywhere?
yeah northridge had people lined up from 5 p.m. my friend was there at like 1 am and left because he didnt think he would have a chance to get em

Seriously, because Topanga mall is right across the street from Canoga high, I think kids got out of school and lined up. Numbers 7-11 were all kids who got out of school at like 3 and lined up. I think I would of got my size if it wasnt for all the cutting. A few guys who lined up an hour after me, had just got back from Sherman Oaks. They said a fight broke out and everyone got kicked out. Those guys came in a cut our line.
As far as how many pairs, Champs had 20. Footlocker had 70. Not sure what finishline had or sheiks. finishline line, had the least amount of people. Most of us knew it wasnt going to end well there. I think they were the only store that opened at 9 or 10. Our line at footlocker came and went. People at finishline were still patiently waiting. 
oh really? my friend was also in sherman oaks. dang i dunno why ppl would be fighting over these 
roll.gif

SMH

Things have really changed

Just as recently as last year, the White/Cement 3's were incredibly easy to pickup. Only like 4 people were at the mall last year.

This year, more like 40. I thought I was straight, I went to Footaction and was about 8th in line. They had a flyer taped in front of the store that showed their size run -- 12 total, 1 of each size up to 13 except 2 10's and 10.5's. I figured I was golden because I'm a 10.5 but would have settled for a 10.

We all get inside and everyone forms and orderly line. Pretty tame as far as the customers really. But then we find out the supposed 12 pairs is really only 6 -- and the one size 10.5 they had went right away. No size 10's at all. By the time I got to the register, everything was gone.

Ridiculous. What I don't understand is, if the employees see 20+ in line and know they only have 6 pairs (they claimed that they didn't know anything about the size flyer and that mall security posted it), why wouldn't they let us know? Why would you have a chunk of people standing there waiting for no reason at all, if you know there's only 6? Poorly handled to say the least.

So sick of shoes right now. These were literally the only JB release I wanted this year.

got my pair after waitin in line for 45 min only to find my size sold out...whipped it to another close by mall and had a dude hold me his last 11 for an extra $20, ill take it

JB needs to chill with the size stickers on the insoles tho, couldnt cleanly peel em off so its a lil messy but whatever

I didnt wanna order from sns again cus im pretty sure they wouldve canceled my order since i preordered one.

Yea, the end of my Jordan collecting days is near. The game is littered with resellers like never before.Story time: (P.S. I know I'm gonna get hate for my story but please try and understand how I feel even just a lil' bit)-Go scoop my dude who is able to get a military discount at FL and/or FA. The goal was to get me 2 size 12's.-Get to the mall around 7:30. Only one other guy in parking lot.-Mall opens and we go inside and bolt to FinishLine (only shoes store in mall). It's me, my dude, the guy from parking lot, and 2 chicks. 5 people all the way till 8:45am.-Managers comes at 8:50 but is alone and doesn't open store till 9:30. He hands out tickets. I'm #3.-While in line, my dude starts to think about how nice the shoes are and how he'd be missing out. Last minute decides to effing buy the shoes.-My dude gets his sz.10. I go in and ask for 2 12's. 1 pair per customer.-Manager says I can get back in line and that they have 1 more size 12 left. -I ask is anyone else getting a sz.12. Yep, one skinny dude was.-Made calls and drove all around but to no avail. Didn't get my 2nd pair.First and foremost, I am EXTREMELY grateful I got the 1 pair I did. I'm just salty because I am a collector that stocks 1, rocks 1. These shoes are MAD clean and I want to wear them tonight but I can't w/o a 2nd pair. So now I'm trying to lock down a second pair.My dude big time screwed me over. He only came to assist in me getting my 2 pairs. His discount didn't work at Finish Line. I wish he would've known he may consider buying them a lil' earlier cuz I woulda brought someone else along to buy my 2nd pair for me. I am heated...

I went to my local mall, and Foot Locker only had 18 pairs. There were over 20 people in front of me. I woke up early for nothing. I'm glad I copped my size 12 last night on FNL.

Originally Posted by iKidWare

Curious why everyone had a limit 2 pairs yet they sell out before people can get them. You got people on NT getting 2 pairs from Ndc and turnin around to get more from FNL. The problem with the shoe game is everyone that's in the shoe game stocking up on 3 and 4 pairs and resellers. It's a joke...
they need to resell enough pairs to cover the one or two pairs they cant afford in the first place.  not many reasonable people hold on to more than two pairs.

Out of curiousity...If you get a confirmation order e-mail from NDC, is it safe to say that I'm good? How is NDC with cancelling orders?

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Yea, the end of my Jordan collecting days is near. The game is littered with resellers like never before.Story time: (P.S. I know I'm gonna get hate for my story but please try and understand how I feel even just a lil' bit)-Go scoop my dude who is able to get a military discount at FL and/or FA. The goal was to get me 2 size 12's.-Get to the mall around 7:30. Only one other guy in parking lot.-Mall opens and we go inside and bolt to FinishLine (only shoes store in mall). It's me, my dude, the guy from parking lot, and 2 chicks. 5 people all the way till 8:45am.-Managers comes at 8:50 but is alone and doesn't open store till 9:30. He hands out tickets. I'm #3.-While in line, my dude starts to think about how nice the shoes are and how he'd be missing out. Last minute decides to effing buy the shoes.-My dude gets his sz.10. I go in and ask for 2 12's. 1 pair per customer.-Manager says I can get back in line and that they have 1 more size 12 left. -I ask is anyone else getting a sz.12. Yep, one skinny dude was.-Made calls and drove all around but to no avail. Didn't get my 2nd pair.First and foremost, I am EXTREMELY grateful I got the 1 pair I did. I'm just salty because I am a collector that stocks 1, rocks 1. These shoes are MAD clean and I want to wear them tonight but I can't w/o a 2nd pair. So now I'm trying to lock down a second pair.My dude big time screwed me over. He only came to assist in me getting my 2 pairs. His discount didn't work at Finish Line. I wish he would've known he may consider buying them a lil' earlier cuz I woulda brought someone else along to buy my 2nd pair for me. I am heated...
you are being selfish IMO...
even if you buddy didnt tag along it was one pair per customer, so you wouldn't have been able to double up 
grin.gif

Never received a confirmation email, but paypal payment still says "pending". Hopefully it went through!

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

ONE OF MY PAIRS AND MY DAUGHTER'S PAIR

MY DAUGHTER'S REACTION WAS PRICELESS

pimp.gif
That's what it's all about.
pimp.gif

My niece has a mind of her own at this point when it comes to footwear lol.  At the age of 4 (5 in April).  Likes mostly AMs, but I try and get her in a few pairs of J's.  Gotta get the girl colors though to make her smile.  Gonna get her the Pink IV's, she's not a purist like me.
laugh.gif

If I have a boy all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom