Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Got mine today...

Overall it's a well put together shoe, but they don't come anywhere close to the 2002 blk/reds. The materials on the 02's seem more luxurious. (Softer suede like nubuck, chrome tipped laces and maybe a lil more padding.)

http://
Nice pic, but I think you just sealed this one as a pass based on the description pretty much confirming what I suspected and the fact that I've been leaning towards passing of late as it is.  Not a bad looking shoe, but they went from light charcoal with the DMPs...to no charcoal on these lol.  Looks like the Black Cement IVs in November may be the only JB cop left for me in 2012 unless something changes with the Cool Grey IX's.  eBay here I come.  Face box come on home!

Last edited:
i wanted to get these but i think i'm just gonna pass. leaning towards buying a nice pair of loafers instead. we'll see how it goes...

I don't think the "charcoal" color really EVER had anything to do with the upper paneling. And I'm talking all the way back to the original ones.  If anything, it was the color for the shades of black & grey on the tongue.

Ohhhhhh...wait a minute...I see what happened here. Dudes got tired of fighting about the nickname of the shoe so yall flipped it to the cut and sizing of it...
Word...Got it.
Question...How you tell another man what size he is?? How you tell another man, WHO YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN, that he's buying the wrong size shoe?
Also, if you don't think that JB sizing has changed over the last 3-7 years, you must have started wearing jordans 1-3 years ago...You're not gonna tell me that the black flip iii's fit the same as the white flip iii's. Same goes with the playoff xiii's vs the xiii's that droped back in 2003/2004 (wheat, altitudes, etc).
How bout this...why don't one of yall tell me about the differences between Nubuck and Durabuck?? Or if they prefer the "charcoal" color blocking or the "raptor" color blocking (or lack thereof).
ANYTHING that's different from this feminine bickering about sizing and nicknames...

THIS. I completely agree with you. 6-7 years ago I was buying size 13 and some 14. Now size 12 feels loose. Example: My Mars IV's and Pure $ IV's are both size 13. I had to stuff both of my size 12 FR IV's.

beautiful...

Dope^^

I agree w/whomever said that VII's are one of the most popular numbered models. ..around MY way, anyway. ..2nd only to XI's.
These won't sit in my neck of the woods. ..even the MB & FR IV's were gone by mid-week following RD.

I'm personally looking forward to these a lot.:D

Far as the sizing arguement?
The only pair of Jordan's i purchased since 08', that DIDN'T fit "TTS"? ..were the recent OLY. VII's. ..they DEFF. "run big", for MY foot anyway.
The fact that Jordan's sell out @ retail more times than not, combined w/the fact some heads have only online as an option to cop?
..i think is the biggest reason people sweat the "TTS" situation.
If these were Keds, or New Balance kicks, and they were more widely available for longer windows of time, at RETAIL?
..people could simply RETURN them. ..hard to return your Sz. w/e, if the fit isn't to your liking, when you know the kicks are sold out.
Blah.

These are Fire, IMO & I'm impatiently awaiting Saturday.:wink:

:lol: @ trying to hype up this release.

Stop it.

Anyways, nice pic ijapino and Lieutenant!

:smokin

So looking forward to Saturday.

My 3rd favorite release this year.

Can't wait!

Last edited:
QUICK QUESTION TO ANYONE THAT HAS THESE!

How do these fit compared to the 12's that released this year? I have a 10.5 in those and they fit BEAUTIFULLY. I'm gonna have to order these (no ride /:smile: so should I go with the usual with a 10.5 or is there a drastic difference?

Just trying to be safe lol.

Definitely can't wait to cop mine.  Hopefully I get my FIRST nike rsvp.  No matter how fast I have been I have never been lucky.

Had 2002s, never wore them, sold them. I know if i get these, these will just collect dust. i'll pass and get extra blk/red 4s

^I'm opposite, I know if I get these I will rock them, unlike the joints I really like. I havent unDS'd a pair since the BM Vs except the WCIVs :/
I will get around to it tho. But since I expect the weather to be bad in a few weeks these would serve as beaters until the weather gets good again to unDS kicks I like.

Just getting back into buying kicks from when i was in high school. sad to say things have changed a lot i picked up a few releases this year to get my feet wet. I must say out side of the GMP Pack and these Cav 4 i got for retail in july "hook up". quality sucks. I hope these 7's are different at least i hope.... "lowers head" 

Side note 

online or walking up at like 9:30 10:00. which is death in the ATL

will try to get at least two size 13 to help big footed friends 

Manage to win the raffle? Just go cop it's a general release
that's the thing in my footlocker i need to enter my name and they will raffle and if your name gets called they give u a ticket and you show up at footlocker at 9 show your ticket and then u can buy the shoes so if im lucky i can buy GR shoes

Code:
that's the thing in my footlocker i need to enter my name and they will raffle and if your name gets called they give u a ticket and you show up at footlocker at 9 show your ticket and then u can buy the shoes so if im lucky i can buy GR shoes
This also goes on with my footlocker and footaction in my town. Dm came up with this crap to prevent people from camping out at the malls. But here's a trick to get round this bs. Ask the manager of your store when will they sell the shoes to the people whose names are drawn as winners. After all names are called out the store usually will sell the leftovers no one claimed. Did this for the fire red iv's this month. More than half the people who won the raffle didn't show and was able to buy my pair. Just show up when everyone else does and wait it out. You'll get your pair.

wore my RAPTORS tonight and I must say these are probably the best quality jays I've bought in a while. right up there with the 12's as the most comfy also

Back
Top Bottom