Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I hate the fact that I gotta drive to Gulfgate mall to get these, but man they are a must !!! To all my Houston heads Woodlands mall fnl and ftl are shady as hell man !!

Don't know why everyone stressing this release... plenty of spots around my area that have them.

Got mine today...

Overall it's a well put together shoe, but they don't come anywhere close to the 2002 blk/reds. The materials on the 02's seem more luxurious. (Softer suede like nubuck, chrome tipped laces and maybe a lil more padding.)

http://
Nice pic, but I think you just sealed this one as a pass based on the description pretty much confirming what I suspected and the fact that I've been leaning towards passing of late as it is.  Not a bad looking shoe, but they went from light charcoal with the DMPs...to no charcoal on these lol.  Looks like the Black Cement IVs in November may be the only JB cop left for me in 2012 unless something changes with the Cool Grey IX's.  eBay here I come.  Face box come on home!
i hope you're not passing on these raptors for those crumby black and cement IV's..JB did those so dirty this go around, these raptors actually have da same durabuck that da IV's were SUPPOSED to have...

and i disagree with this review..da 2002 pair pales in comparison to this pair considering that durabuck will be most durable overtime vs that old suede paneled pair that would fade if u even looked at it wrong...

Why do people keep going back to the pack VII's that came out a few years ago? Some people call them DMP VII's...i personally don't like to soil the "DMP" name by applying it to that horrible pack.

But am I the only one that felt that the VII's that came in that pack with the "Orlando VII" was the WORST rendition of these Charcoal/Raptor VII's EVER?! I don't even like to acknowledge their existence...just a glitch in the matrix
nah fam

those DMP vii's are way better quality than these Raptors everyone is about to go ape siii for
better quality then these 2012 pair? lol..nah b..not with that fuzzy grey nubuck vs durabuck

i hope you're not passing on these raptors for those crumby black and cement IV's..JB did those so dirty this go around, these raptors actually have da same durabuck that da IV's were SUPPOSED to have...

and i disagree with this review..da 2002 pair pales in comparison to this pair considering that durabuck will be most durable overtime vs that old suede paneled pair that would fade if u even looked at it wrong...

While I agree that these Sevens are great quality, I have to say you're off on the fours being terribad. Those fours are some of the best quality retros ever. Only thing I don't like but will tolerate is the damned tongue.

While I agree that these Sevens are great quality, I have to say you're off on the fours being terribad. Those fours are some of the best quality retros ever. Only thing I don't like but will tolerate is the damned tongue.
that ashy larry suede on da 2012 IV is horrendous.... sure da DMPs are laughable in terms of midsole paint, but you can always re-paint that..you can't do much once that fuzzy suede starts to look dull....

^like I said the one tone durabuck upper I approve of.

I either get these or clothes on saturday and I want to grab the clothes before they sell out. If I can get them for under 200 later on I will grab them, if not I am not a big fan of the VIIs anyway

Last edited:
Almost got them early from my Foot Locker today but I was told to hold off until Friday. Still, hopefully I'll be able to cop Friday so I won't have to line up Saturday morning.

http://styleengine.com/2012/08/25/air-jordan-7-raptors-resellers/
is that a good enough reason? (not all pics are resellers, styleengine is run by people with 2nd grade intellect)
See your point there, But I believe people will still get a pair 
wink.gif
.There are more pairs then people think imo. 

that ashy larry suede on da 2012 IV is horrendous.... sure da DMPs are laughable in terms of midsole paint, but you can always re-paint that..you can't do much once that fuzzy suede starts to look dull....

They're not ashy at all, but you need something to post about.

Got mine today...

Overall it's a well put together shoe, but they don't come anywhere close to the 2002 blk/reds. The materials on the 02's seem more luxurious. (Softer suede like nubuck, chrome tipped laces and maybe a lil more padding.)

http://
Nice pic, but I think you just sealed this one as a pass based on the description pretty much confirming what I suspected and the fact that I've been leaning towards passing of late as it is.  Not a bad looking shoe, but they went from light charcoal with the DMPs...to no charcoal on these lol.  Looks like the Black Cement IVs in November may be the only JB cop left for me in 2012 unless something changes with the Cool Grey IX's.  eBay here I come.  Face box come on home!

The material on the IVs isn't that bad.  If it was the same material used on those awful Varsity Red VI's I'd agree.

Obviously, I can't tell the future.

THAT said?

I think three years from now, people will consider this shoe to be one of the better retros ever. ..yes, I said EVER.
Far as "quality"/durability.

Ninjahood's not the ONLY one who really likes Durabuck. ..I'm a HUGE fan of it.
I'm STILL butt-hurt they did the VR AND Inf. VI's w/o it.:smh:
Period.
To me, it's what MADE the OG Blck/Inf. VI what it was. ..Durabuck just does it for me.
The way it wears & ages is just superior to the suede/nubuck we see so much of, IMO.

People are already talkin'bout the Cavs IV as being one of the best quality retros in quite some time.
..obv. opinons vary. ..usually surrounding either the material of the upper, or the CW. ..some people HATE non OG CW's.
Blah.

I really, honestly believe, that this shoe is MORE worth the 160 price tag, than ANY other JB retro I bought already this year.
INCLUDING the Cavs IV.

Time'll tell.

Why do people keep going back to the pack VII's that came out a few years ago? Some people call them DMP VII's...i personally don't like to soil the "DMP" name by applying it to that horrible pack.

But am I the only one that felt that the VII's that came in that pack with the "Orlando VII" was the WORST rendition of these Charcoal/Raptor VII's EVER?! I don't even like to acknowledge their existence...just a glitch in the matrix

nah fam

those DMP vii's are way better quality than these Raptors everyone is about to go ape siii for
better quality then these 2012 pair? lol..nah b..not with that fuzzy grey nubuck vs durabuck

your wayyyy off hood i doubt youve had both in hand side by side to compare like i have & if you have also your just blowing smoke...the dmps blow these out the water

NTNY RSVP was open for almost,or over an hour

Therell be more than enough of these to go around...I can see saturday Niketown Twitters posting "DM us now, we have size _ to _ available"

Back
Top Bottom