Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

I keep hearing that Jordans are a half size bigger so I was wondering for people with small feet like myself, If I wear a 8.5 should I buy a size 8 in Jordans?

Originally Posted by jaeY

I keep hearing that Jordans are a half size bigger so I was wondering for people with small feet like myself, If I wear a 8.5 should I buy a size 8 in Jordans?

Not for this shoe but if you were going for the VI VII VIII then i would say yea. Nut the X's run small

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Originally Posted by jaeY

Not for this shoe but if you were going for the VI VII VIII then i would say yea. Nut the X's run small
Stick with your size or go half size up with these. The XII's and VII's (for me personally) run half a size big. 

Saw someone rocking these and I admit I did a double take.....These are clean, so glad they retro'd.....

Where can I get some more laces for these? Some exactly or almost like the factory ones

Sorry for reviving an ancient thread. Are you supposed to be able to remove the insoles from these? The right one is squeaking a bit and I want to put some powder underneath the insoles because I heard that helps. Thanks.

No ones been in here for a minute. Oh well, just wanted to share that I just lucked up and grabbed a pair of these for $95 bucks!! Ds never tried on at that. I didn't know the white leather was so buttery on these. I'm just real happy right now. They feel great on foot, nice locked down feeling with those elastic bands across the top. Classic shoe and glad I finally found a pair in my size, ds, and for a killer price.

Last edited:
damn haven't seen this thread in a minute. I love my Chicago X overall but the lace lock system does kinda suck at times. feels like my foot is being suffocated and squeezed. I went TTS on this model. maybe go 1/2 size up for a little extra room ? however that may increase the chances of your toe box getting more creased

Yeah, even though those elastic bands on top give you a nice snug fit, I can see it being a little suffocating after a few hours. I wanted to loosen up the laces a bit, just to widen the shoe up for looks, but wasn't able to due to the bands. All good though, these are buttery.

Wow i wore these at my church this morning! Super love my chi 10s! Cant wait for the steel 10s later this year

just wondering if anybody has ever cut the elastic straps used in the lace lock system on these ? I'd hate to but I think these will be more comfy if those elastic bands weren't there. they just squeeze ur foot so tight and make it uncomfy if wearing these for a long period of time. I wouldn't want to cut a $160 shoe but it's pretty uncomfy. what y'all think ?

just wondering if anybody has ever cut the elastic straps used in the lace lock system on these ? I'd hate to but I think these will be more comfy if those elastic bands weren't there. they just squeeze ur foot so tight and make it uncomfy if wearing these for a long period of time. I wouldn't want to cut a $160 shoe but it's pretty uncomfy. what y'all think ?

No, that would ruin the shoe IMO. I have the same problem with X's. If I try to wear my regular size they squeezed my feet to death, so I always go up a full size when it comes to X's.

I can concur that I did go up a 1/2 size and my toebox is creased like a 60 yr olds cheeks
that's the only reason i'm hesitant of getting an 11. I plan to get a few 10s that are coming out but haven't owned a 10 before. lately when I have gotten an 11 in Jordans they have almost always run bigger than the 11s I used to get seemed.

I agree. I wouldn't want to cut the elastic straps but feel it would provide A LOT more comfort with the X's. going up a full size is not an option because the toe box will crease so bad. I just try to wear the X's to somewhere where I know I won't be doing a lot of walking and somewhere where I will be able to take them off after a little bit

yea i lucked up and i followed the thread  weeks before the release and everyone was saying these run small so i went half a size. 

I agree. I wouldn't want to cut the elastic straps but feel it would provide A LOT more comfort with the X's. going up a full size is not an option because the toe box will crease so bad. I just try to wear the X's to somewhere where I know I won't be doing a lot of walking and somewhere where I will be able to take them off after a little bit

So let me get this straight, you would rather wear an uncomfertable pair of shoes that squeezes the hell out of your foot then go up a size ( or even a half size) and be comfertable because your worried about creases? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom