Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Did anyone here get the last size in stores like me!!?
happy.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

gonna be a lot of morons on ebay making no profit

$200 shipped nets you about $10 
laugh.gif

I doubt they'll sell for over $175-$180 shipped. Some dumbasses at local spot were saying they're selling them for $300, smfh. I was like yup, that's a good deal.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

I'll cliff note my experience.

-In line outside of mall at 8:30am. I'm #9.
-They let us in mall at 9:54am (20 degrees outside).
-Only 4 stores had the shoes (one of them was Kids Foot Locker).
-Everyone bolts to FinishLine. I bounce to FootLocker.
-I'm #1 in line at FootLocker
pimp.gif
(got a lil' ticket indicating I was the first person in line).
-Employee says they have 65 pairs
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

-FootLocker opens at 9:30am.
-I walk in and ask for 2 size 12's.
-They don't have any size 12's at all.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

-I run out of store and get to the other 2 stores in the mall. Both just sold out.
-Hop in the whip and try and bounce across the city to other stores.
-I see a cop and slow down. He hits that U-turn so I floor it. I'm in a 4WD TrailBlazer so I'm trying to find snow covered side streets that he can't speed down. I find one.
-It's a dead end. He ends up pulling me over and asks was I trying to run. Long story short, I was doing 60 in a 35mph. He warns me about speeding and writes me a ticket for my front license plate being in my windshield ($55 dollar ticket w/ no points
pimp.gif
)
-Took him 19min to write ticket
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

-I fly to FootLocker, FootAction, and 2 mom and pop shops. All are sold out.
-I shoot across the city to another mall. All gone.
-I start making calls. Everyone's sold out.
-I called corporate FootLocker and filed a complaint.

All in all, I return home empty handed with a ticket
indifferent.gif
. Stupid dummies at FootLocker either were holding the shoes for someone else or sold the shoes yesterday and kept the boxes to ring up for today. Either way, it was shady and I got BIG time screwed. I am FLAMING mad right now.
Yea you had a rough morning

Originally Posted by WindyCity45

Did anyone here get the last size in stores like me!!?
happy.gif

YEP!  The dude at my local finishline was holding pairs for his friends so they only had 2 11.5 and NO 12s because all the rest were in the back on hold...

Since when is it ok to NOT inspect something before purchasing it?

Some of you dudes kill me.... I inspected my pair front to back, side to side... They are already tryna rape us on prices, so I suggest EVERYONE checking out your pairs before buying them.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Since when is it ok to NOT inspect something before purchasing it?

Some of you dudes kill me.... I inspected my pair front to back, side to side... They are already tryna rape us on prices, so I suggest EVERYONE checking out your pairs before buying them.
Agreed!
mad.gif

Seeing as this is one of the releases I was looking forward to the most over the past few years, I was prepared to jump through a few hoops.

Struck out online at first.  Eastbay in particular has gone downhill big time with these big releases.  Oddly enough, I woke back up at around 4am and the site loaded fine.  Every size was sold out...but size 13.  Copped so that I could worst case have a pair to trade for my size 11.5.

Went to the mall this morning, didn't expect a line but there was a small line.  Just jumped back in the whip and waited until the mall doors opened.  Got to Footlocker and they were on some shady @%#!.  They had an employee coppin like 5 pairs.  After a while I just gave up and went down to Finishline.  Sold out.

Was going to just throw in the towel and settle for trading my pair.

Went down to Champs, got in the line and they handed out tickets with the sizes on them.  I got the last 11.5 somehow.  Another dude was there who wanted an 11.5, needless to say he was tight.  Copped and that was all she wrote.  Was pleased to see that they didn't charge sales tax.

Cats were walking around the mall trying to sell their pairs.  Smh.

All's well that ends well.  I have my pair in hand and they look great. No extra glue or blemishes.

Onto the IV's.  Thinking about finding a spot that will accept a preorder because I'm not with jumping through these kinda hoops for retros.  Seems like since the Concord release, people are suddenly hoppin on J's hard in my area.  If I can't walk in the store and cop my pair or secure it online then I won't even bother stressing it.  It's crazy what this sneaker culture is turning into.

My footlocker had 86 pairs
pimp.gif
, this is the footlocker that clowns said they never recived a lot of pairs. EASY COP... EASY

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

To the dude who was #1 in line and left empty handed... for future reference, you should cop whatever size you can get at this point and resell in order to get the size you needed. Same thing happened to me when I camped out for XI/XII CDP.
I thought about that but I call myself trying to be fair to everyone else in line and not taking their sizes. I literally can't believe this happened to me. I am HOT right now. I want to kill people.

Check your PM's and let me know ASAP.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Kind of wish I grabbed a 13.5 or a 14 after hearing about these fitting so narrow..
I'll just be glad to get a confirmation email from ndc..

-I run out of store and get to the other 2 stores in the mall. Both just sold out.

-Hop in the whip and try and bounce across the city to other stores.

-I see a cop and slow down. He hits that U-turn so I floor it. I'm in a
4WD TrailBlazer so I'm trying to find snow covered side streets that he
can't speed down. I find one.

-It's a dead end. He ends up pulling me over and asks was I trying to
run. Long story short, I was doing 60 in a 35mph. He warns me about
speeding and writes me a ticket for my front license plate being in my
windshield ($55 dollar ticket w/ no points
pimp.gif
)

-Took him 19min to write ticket
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

-I fly to FootLocker, FootAction, and 2 mom and pop shops. All are sold out.

-I shoot across the city to another mall. All gone.

-I start making calls. Everyone's sold out.

-I called corporate FootLocker and filed a complaint.

All in all, I return home empty handed with a ticket
indifferent.gif
Stupid dummies at FootLocker either were holding the shoes for someone
else or sold the shoes yesterday and kept the boxes to ring up for
today. Either way, it was shady and I got BIG time screwed. I am FLAMING
mad right now.

roll.gif
roll.gif
All that for nothing. Could have easily bought a size to trade. Also should have asked an employee if they had your size before you waited. Majority of Footlockers hold pairs. They will never get in trouble until someone complains to corporate and even then they still may never get in trouble for.

I just got two pairs. No huge line, there were 15 of us when Champs opened at 10. What's ******ed is the moron cashier made me get back in line behind another 7 people to get my second pair. No one even bought my size. So other than waiting another 15 minutes in line, pretty easy to double up on these. In reality 10's don't get hyped to death, and most kids don't even understand the significance of the shoe as part of MJ's career. I'd say the Bordeaux release last April was way more hyped than this (both shoes having never retro'd), and this is a way better shoe. We'll see how the creasing goes though. I suspect the toe box on these won't hold up as well as my 2005 pairs.

Got to my FTL around 8:00 AM. About 50 people in line. Wasn't hopeful. Was able to get two. After I left about another 35 or so inline. Didn't stick around to see if people were able to get their pairs.

Im glad I don't have to wait for them to be shipped. The online stores need to step they game up online all the crashing had to cease.

Will be able to change the address on my NDC order, with ups my choice. Still haven't received a confirmation email yet, but it appears my dads pair got through

Back
Top Bottom