Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

Originally Posted by sthebest

Had to quote this......for all you people out there saying CHARLOTTE HORNET 10's....YO THY ARE "POWDER BLUE- TARHEELS and thy have nothing to do with the city pack.....not even close to hornet colors...no your kicks people...tired of seeing and hearing tht crap..
actually you're right, but calm down...its not that serious. Powder Blues were in fact a GR and were available nationwide. I think it's because of the fact that Powders have a similiar colorway to the rest of the city pack is the reason that they have been lumped in with the rest over the years.

haha..im good trust me...didnt mean to come off as if i was mad at the world..lol...but yeah you got this young generation...so call sneakerheads saying i got these charlotte hornet 10's and it seems to rub off on everybody else...and you even got top sneaker websites saying the same thing....but me i do take sneakers serious and i am very passionate about it as well....have been since i was very young....born in 84' im 28 now.....so yeah  it def needs to be addressed....

I hear you bro, I was born the same year 
pimp.gif

and yeah it confused me too on why Powders were always called Charlotte Xs. to me, they just followed the colorway of the Powder IXs as a UNC tribute shoe. I actually had a pair a few years ago and had to sell them to help my mother pay for the car accident she got into. Not to mention they were a half size big for me.

People who bought from NDC, don't expect a hand tag. On their twitter a couple hours before release, someone asked them if they will come with hand tags and Nike's response was "They will not have a hangtag."

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Did anyone that bought from a chain retailer like Finishline, Champs, Footaction etc, get a hangtag?

I'm still trying to piece together why some have them and some dont. I'm seeing people post their X with hangtags today, but not mentioning where they bought them.

I wonder if its sort of a same situation like the Rising Sun 12's...Or employees stealing them......Or They stopped putting them on the shoe halfway through production?
I believe that the employees did not steal the hangtags. I believe that it was random. I brought two pairs in total. The first pair was from my local mom & pop store a week and a-half ago and that had a hangtag. The second pair that I brought today was at footlocker and those did not have the hangtag. From what I recall, the shoes had different end production dates. The pair that has the hangtag has an end production date of October and the one that that did not have the hangtag had an end production date of September. I do not think that production date matters especially it looks like most did not have pairs with hangtags. Maybe I'm wrong.

Went to Newport Mall by my job in Jersey City this morn
and every sneaker store in there had a sign saying
"Due to mall constrictions we are not selling the jordan chicago X's" smh
Concords got em scared what a shame
Went 2 work n when I got off I got em from a mom n pop n they came with the hangtag n stamp n qc sticker inside
I will post pix later

Just received a call from an EastBay rep to confirm my billing and shipping address. Shoes will ship out on Monday!

THE TAGS ARE RANDOM. FINISHLINE, CHAMPS, FOOTLOCKER ALL HAD PAIRS WITH AND WITHOUT THE HANGTAG WITHIN THEIR OWN STOCK.

If anyone is in the 818 area, the sherman oaks fashion square footlocker had a few pairs a couple hours ago. Went there around 11 and was able to get a size 10. Hope that helps...

I bought 2 pairs. One from Foot locker and one from Eblens (authorized retailer, independent chain in CT, RI, MA of 8 or so stores). Both had the hangtags. The eblens pair has some precreasing but the foot locker pair is perfect. Made it easy to pick the one to wear. I traded a pair of size 13 DS Concords (I got 4 on release day and Im wearing 1, not sitting lol.) for 2 sz13 DS Chicagos and 90 bucks.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Did anyone that bought from a chain retailer like Finishline, Champs, Footaction etc, get a hangtag?

I'm still trying to piece together why some have them and some dont. I'm seeing people post their X with hangtags today, but not mentioning where they bought them.

I wonder if its sort of a same situation like the Rising Sun 12's...Or employees stealing them......Or They stopped putting them on the shoe halfway through production?
I bought mine at footlocker, they came with a hangtag

still no confirmation email from eastbay. copped og powder blues back in the day, but really wanted these, but we didnt get them in the bay, so been waiting for them to come back all this time. its a shame, resellers have ruined it for us all.

Originally Posted by authentic354

now i need

Had to quote this......for all you people out there saying CHARLOTTE HORNET 10's....YO THY ARE "POWDER BLUE- TARHEELS and thy have nothing to do with the city pack.....not even close to hornet colors...no your kicks people...tired of seeing and hearing tht crap..
Ay bruh so when are they releasin those Charlottes? 

Originally Posted by sferris3

People who bought from NDC, don't expect a hand tag. On their twitter a couple hours before release, someone asked them if they will come with hand tags and Nike's response was "They will not have a hangtag."

Are you #@&%Ing serious? No hangtag? I'll just have to return these and show Nike I mean business.
ohwell.gif

i copped a size 11 from nike . com last night

and

copped a second pair sz. 11 from footlocker this morning

no problem

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by sferris3

Are you #@&%Ing serious? No hangtag? I'll just have to return these and show Nike I mean business.
ohwell.gif

Umm okkk.... Because I asked them a few hours before midnight with that same question an I got a DM saying the will!

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

I bought 2 pairs. One from Foot locker and one from Eblens (authorized retailer, independent chain in CT, RI, MA of 8 or so stores). Both had the hangtags. The eblens pair has some precreasing but the foot locker pair is perfect. Made it easy to pick the one to wear. I traded a pair of size 13 DS Concords (I got 4 on release day and Im wearing 1, not sitting lol.) for 2 sz13 DS Chicagos and 90 bucks.

Just won some VNDS Black Flip 3s for 92. So Concords and 2.00 for 2 Chicagos and VNDS Black Flip 3s. Today was a good day despite the snow. Hope it snows on white cement release day too.

Met up with some members from the other site to pick up my pre orders. 4 of us picked up 7 pairs total and everyone one of us got tags.

Some pics!!!

Quick little review:

Love the shoe and very happy with the build. The soles of both of mine are perfect and judging by the pics no one received pre creased mid soles which is great. I bought 2 size 11's. I wear a 10.5 in the 3's. 6's and 7's and 11 in the 1's, 11's and 12's....FYI for those asking about sizing. I think they are True to size. Although you should beware of the fact they are a lil narrow and the elastics really can cut off circulation to your feet if youre wearing thick sock
laugh.gif
:

Some on feet pics!

Again overall EXTREMELY happy with my pairs! Only complaint is the creasing that occurs instantly. I've worn them in the house for a few hours and most of that time was sitting on the couch and this is what they look like now:

Messaged my brother a pic of them and he flipped and said he now wanted a pair so I called the Champs here and they still have a few sizes left. The foot locker here is completely sold out though...love pre orders!

On to the Metallic foams....fingers crossed my dude can come through for me, if not, right on to the Cement 4's

Back
Top Bottom