Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Really in doubt here. Are these really limited? I live abroad and my only chance for getting a fair price is online (Footlocker etc.) Missed out on the Concords don't wanna miss out on these too. But I also don't want to pay $250 and up (exl shipping) on eBay after release day. So should I wait on RD or take my chances now on eBay? There are not that much on eBay btw. Are Sneaker St. getting them?

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Originally Posted by spizike231

They aren't a niketown exclusive. They're just limited. They're not widely available and won't be. All of you thinking that you will be able to cop 1 week after release date are smoking something illegal. You'll be lucky if you can find your size 1 day after release for anywhere near retail. If the scarcity of them isn't apparent or an indication by now, I don't know what to tell you.

nerd.gif
this came out of nowhere.. everyone sayin they're gonna be easy pick ups for days after release. I'm not doubting you just sayin.

I'm not saying that people won't be able to buy their pair. I'm saying that you should put forth a significant effort to get them because the size run per retailer is not going to be anywhere near concord numbers or even black cement numbers for that matter.

I've done some homework and in my area (Chicagoland), 5 major retailers are getting less than 20 per store. I'd say that's 2 or 3 per size.

One well known retailer that usually gets a lot of shoes will only get about 60 - 70 pairs. I'm not going to disclose what store because I respect my guy's willingness to give me credible info.

Figure it out. It's a limited release.

It's all figured out, those stores u are talking about 20 pairs or less is kinda fishy, I'm from the same area and a store that rarely gets alot of shoes, is getting more than 20, and it's not that "well known retailer" I know about that store already. So well see come release date.

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

It's funny what you said bout teens in the bay. My wifes two cousins Go to James Logan High in Union city and they were saying them and two friends were going to buy multiples of these and hold on to them until december when the 's come out. I told them that they will only get about $ bucks for them and they told me thats better nothing. Come on man. Is this what Jordans have come to. Holding onto them for months on years for an extra 20 Bucks. Thats bad.

sounds better than some stock portfolios on a limited scale if they can get 20% on investment with 0 risk 
eyes.gif

They aren't a niketown exclusive. They're just limited. They're not widely available and won't be. All of you thinking that you will be able to cop 1 week after release date are smoking something illegal. You'll be lucky if you can find your size 1 day after release for anywhere near retail. If the scarcity of them isn't apparent or an indication by now, I don't know what to tell you.

trying to build hype at its finest
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by drillest

sick.gif
sick.gif
He has been doing that the whole time in this thread. 

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^^^^ You lucky it isn't snowing where you are right now.

I will refuse to wear these unless   if there is snow on the ground.

Damn you Buffalo!

Lol.
you mean you wont wear them if there is snow on ground?

I don't if these question has been answered, but I'll ask anyways.

To anyone that got this early, how's the fitting/sizing on these?

If these has been answered please direct me to the proper page #'s.
Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by BigBrandon

It's funny what you said bout teens in the bay. My wifes two cousins Go to James Logan High in Union city and they were saying them and two friends were going to buy multiples of these and hold on to them until december when the 's come out. I told them that they will only get about $ bucks for them and they told me thats better nothing. Come on man. Is this what Jordans have come to. Holding onto them for months on years for an extra 20 Bucks. Thats bad.

sounds better than some stock portfolios on a limited scale if they can get 20% on investment with 0 risk 
eyes.gif

yeah but if the get an extra 20 bucks on these thats not even 13% and thats before tax, not to mention gas. They have to sit on these as far as storing them and most who purchase stock our decide to invest in something have some extra loot to invest. These high school kids dont have extra money. One works in fast food another in retail so 20% with no risk is nice but this clearly isnt the case. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

so lucky and blessed that I grew up watching MJ play and to watch games like the double-nickel live....which the comcast sports net showed last week....they are showing classic Bulls games in the MJ era every week or so.....ironic that they showed the double nickel game when the shoes are being retroed later this week....yeah to say i'm ready for this release is an understatement...
pimp.gif

embarassed.gif
 Memories of great basketball...

Not sure how limited they will be, but I know of a store that got 200+ pairs of the black/cement 3s and concord 11s, and they are getting 54 pairs of chicago 10s

I talked to the manager at FL and they are only getting 40 pair and the store that is closer to my house isn't getting any. Could be dicey.

lol smh Trying to help you guys out with what ive found out but you're hell bent on looking a gift horse in the mouth. Oh well.

HYPE. HYPE HYPE.

Just because these got less than the concords doesnt mean jack. EVERY shoe is less than the concords which were overproduced to the max but still did not meet demand.  My city isnt anywhere near as big as chicago and stores here are getting 80-100.  Quit hyping. Nothing limited at all about these.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^^^^ You lucky it isn't snowing where you are right now.

I will refuse to wear these unless there is snow on the ground.

Damn you Buffalo!

Lol.
You going to Galleria fam? 

Out here in Buff too for school lol.

I can understand that there's less of these compared to the XI's. But I think it just porportional to the demand. Def not nearly as much buzz as what the XI's got. You wont see the X's on the news next day.

Like I said earlier, Ill be there when the mall opens. Im not camping for anything.

Got my pair locked up for retail
pimp.gif
. Most of the pairs i saw had hangtags, its really hit or miss.

Just got my wristband from my local NT...well not really a wristband, they just took down my DL# and the size I wanted which is better cause wearing that wristband till saturday would of suck. Anyways...they allowed two pairs per. I know it's not even close as the concord release last month but this time I walked in and out less than 5 mins. while the cords last month was at least 30 mins. just to get a wristband. Small sizes went out faster on these from 7.5-10 (I'm guessing they didn't get much on those size) my size 12s are always good at NTLV I think thats one of the sizes they order a lot since its a common size. Can't wait till Saturday! Only got one pair...cause I know I won't wear these for a while. I think people can cop with ease on this release as long as youre there when FTL,FL etc. opens. Just don't sleep on em.

Originally Posted by kingkong8624

sick.gif
sick.gif

Well, he was right about the numbers he said local stores would get in the concord thread. If I was in the chi, I'd take what he's saying into consideration.

On another note, I wonder why some pairs are coming with hang tags and some don't? The pairs at FTL, CHMPS, and FTA at my local mall don't have any pairs with the hang tag.

sick.gif
sick.gif
The Finishline near me is SMALL, and they got their shipment a week ago. So did the small Champs and Footlocker near me. Stop playin son 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by DollaDP

So you're to good for lay-a-way?
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Why don't you do what the gif is implementing
tired.gif

do they have layaway at footlocker?
btw, did you really mean to use the word "implementing" right there? just curious.

Nah im pretty sure smart guy didn't
Im pretty sure those stores don't do lay a way 

And if you need to put sneakers on lay a way you clearly don't need to be buying them they are a luxury not a necessity 
no offense but you should not be buying shoes if you need a lay a way plan. You dont have money so why spend it on sneakers. Lay a way is for people that cant afford an item. SO DONT BUY.

This whole conversation really makes no sense and I don't even use layaway.

So you shouldn't be getting sneakers if you're paying with a credit card then?

Originally Posted by Forty Four 4s

I'm surprised these haven't turned up on some European sites for sale. Don't think they're getting many pairs over the pond. Was trying to get them below retail. Looks like I'll have to rely on NDC.

i checked with HS and they said they weren't getting them.  

I don't care about the Hang tag as long as I have this 
pimp.gif
. Should of put these in instead of the tags.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

sick.gif
sick.gif

Well, he was right about the numbers he said local stores would get in the concord thread. If I was in the chi, I'd take what he's saying into consideration.

On another note, I wonder why some pairs are coming with hang tags and some don't? The pairs at FTL, CHMPS, and FTA at my local mall don't have any pairs with the hang tag.

Are you sure he was right on the concord's? Cause I think different. Well I have my info on this release and I know what to do, so I'm out of here till saturday.

Back
Top Bottom