Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by UNIQUEKICKZ

^ One of the few rappers that seems to always give back. Hats of to dude even though he sounds like a drunken fool on his albums, but thats another day......

This, dude likes to yell when he raps. Nice he gave back to the community.

Seem like out of all the shady employee stories most have been Finish Lines, unfortunately I got screwed twice from Finish Lines. Called customer service to complain yesterday, won't make my pairs appear but hopefully this doesn''t happen next year.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Originally Posted by KMante

THIS.
I never understood that argument.
I understand it perfectly. 
My daughter asked for these. 

I asked her why and she could not tell me why she wanted them. 

I asked her what she knew about Jordan and she had no clue. 

I asked if she knew what sport he played she guessed football. 

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I had to admit she was hype-beast. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 
I think its cool what you are doing, but did anyone ever make you write a report on Levi Strauss?Ralp Lauren?  Maybe she is just a kid that wants what is popular like all other kids.  Are you just applying it to Jordan's because that is what you know? What if she is in the car while you drive her to school and asks you about the history of Honda? Can you tell it to her?  Do you know the history of the company that makes the computer you use right now? How about the food you eat, do you know where it comes from?  I would never tell a person how to raise their child, just something to think about.  You seem like a good dad, respect.
I see where he's coming from though, my parents brought me up to research the things I was into and not just follow the crowd. From second grade until 8th grade or so the time I didn't spend playing outside or reading books from my school assigned reading list, I had to find news articles in the paper that interested me and write up a brief summary about what I read. Doing that made me grow up to enjoy the more boring aspects of researching and fact checking and has made me a walking library of useless information. When I get into something I tend to find out really technical details about it and I'll followup on my research even if I'm not into it that much anymore.

havent been on this thread at all since b4 the release.. jumped about 300 pages?
id love to sit and read the stories but its a busy weekend...
well i got mine at the HOH at the beverly center...
showed up after work about 3pm had a cool spot saw some employees outside i asked em
"im tryna get a sz10..if i line up now hows it lookin?" they said "we got plenty! ur good!"
i took my spot and new it was gonna b a looong night. (4am release) or so they said...
so waited in line hours hours hours.. when i got there the line was against the wall straight ...
by 10 pm there were crowds on the sidewalk... the sidewalk was full of cutters bout 200 ppl infront of me (there were about 50 ppl when i got there)... i wasnt havin that...
3am comes around i say F it im getttin a spot in the front... get my spot employees come out at 4 30 (i had to be at work at 6 am) tellin the crowd make a single file line clean up the sidewalks then well start.. the crowd was hardheaded employeees yellin at ppl like they the police... they started lettin ppl in at aroune 530 like 30 at a time.... i realized it was gonna b about 7 or so when it was my turn...so i told my homegurl( the one i had left at my original spot just in case....) to take my spot and get my sz 10 or 9.5 just in case... while i went to work... called her about an hour later she said she got my pair... i was soo relieved ... it was all worth while... my first time campin like that and hopefully the last. It was freezing in the AM! got to work 40 mins late but oh well lol ... hope everyone who waited got their pairs... way to many ppl cutting in line tho.... security coulda been a lot better... feel bad for the peeps who actually waited in their spot and didnt get thier shoes or size...
lol @ dude callin his daugher a hypebeast!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shindo03

Originally Posted by bucknuteagle

Yeah. 
By thenewjs23's example and definition of a hypebeast, everyone is basically a hypebeast. Why does anyone wear Jordans in the first place?

That is why I don't undersand that logic.
People started wearing Jordan's because of what Jordan did on the court, and because they became a status symbol. Now they're basically just a middle/low class status symbol aka subject to hype-beastery. thenewjs23 is just trying to teach his daughter to think for herself before she gets caught up in every random fad/style that comes through.  Not to mention learning about the people that are on your clothes/computers/websites is good to learn because all of those people are successful as hell.

^True but everyone at any age group should learn about the story behind someones success. But, I wasn't really arguing that. I was saying that kids buy things based off popularity not due to the inventor. They will grow out of it. When your DAD told you he would not buy you SNES. Did he tell you to go look up who the inventor was lol....Did it matter who it was. Nope you just wanted because Timmy and Tommy had it and you wanted to play too. And most people purchase Jordans based off Nostalgia or Aesthetics.They think they look cool. They remember Jordan wearing it. Or a lot of us parents would not purchase $100 shoes for us. And as adults were buying our childhood back lol.  I bet half the people on here don't even know where Jordan was born. In summarization kids do not care where it came from they just want to be accepted by their peers. You tell them not to get caught into every fad but at that age and especially with todays marketing tactics how can kids not get caught up. All of us did. Some of us still are. Your  telling me half these guys are here weren't put on the game by there friend. Example: Jimmy: "Hey John look what I got".......John:"Whoa what are those I need those".......Jimmy:"Jordan Concord 11's."..... John:"Huh?"..... Jimmy:"I'll take you to the next release or hook you up!"....John goes home does research on what I call the internet and out pops another sneakerhead lol.....
lol definitely true, and I'll admit I remember saving up for my first pair of Jordan's after seeing my older cousin with them so I have no problem with people getting into it through their friends or anything like that. Of course kids are gonna want what their friends have, keeping up with the Joneses has gotta start somewhere after all.  But getting at least slightly back on topic, I think with this release especially it's important that a kid has at least some appreciation for what they have because of all of the violence and riots that broke out because of these.  We all saw the "get money boys" and I don't think most of us want the youth of america to use them as their role models.

Also does anyone remember when the EU sites started restocking for the last two releases? Think I might have to double up on these
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DRO3000

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

Originally Posted by oz

i got 27 pairs yup went to canada it does suck
This. Vancouver is the only good place in Canada. Everything from Calgary to the Montreal = trash
sick.gif

you probably didnt know where Van was until they had the Olympics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can say the same about a lot of American cities outside of New York, Chicago, LA and Miami.

Chicago is the nicest American city IMO........swagger like no other and the city itself is just beautiful.......especially the women!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Olympics? Ohh I forgot your canadian so the winter Olympics are the most important Olympics  to you, since all you do up there is Ski, Play hockey and watch degrassi on CBC.

I been to your country for work reasons not because of choice. Calgary, Edmonton, Regina = Nothing to do, and even worse the Women=
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born or while we we're still in diapers.
Ya'll just bitter for no #$@%*++ reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

Jordan I's came out the year I was born, but I guess I'm a hypebeast for having a few pairs.
Jordan II's came out when I was 1 years old, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?
Jordan III's came out when I was 2 years olf, guess I'm not allowed to like those right?

In you all's eyes, I shouldn't have bought a pair of Jordans until the XIX's when I was 18 years old.

Hell, I was 10 in 1996 when the XI's originally came out, but being that it may... I shouldn't have these either huh?
Get off ya'll high horses.

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
THIS.

She finally admitted she want them because thats what the kids were going to wearing when they returned to school. 

I told her that if she wanted me to get them she would have write a report on Michael Jordan. She needed to learn who the man was and what he did. The man could have beat women and molested kids and she running around with the guys name on her shoes. 

I explained to her dont do it because everyone else is doing it and know who you associate yourself with. 

If she dont learn this early then she will do or wear anything if everyone else is doing it. 

Serious question for cashm0neyand1 and thenewjs23

I wasn't alive during Chuck Taylor's time(I'm not sure if my grandparentents  were even around during his days,) and I don't know crap about Guillermo Vilas. I'e always worn Chucks and Puma GVs, would that earn me the title of hypebeast?

I'd seriously like to know....

Mods, please change title of the thread to "Official Concord Release thread/Official 'How to Parent' thread/Official Hypebeast identifier thread". Thanks. I never use this moniker, but a huge SMH. Let's talk shoes. At least the stories are entertaining. I'd spill mine, but it's boring. I saw my friend wearing Air Jordan sneakers so I asked my dad to get em for me. Thankfully, I didn't have to write a dissertation on the subject. Nah, but for real I just copped online and got lucky.

el producto79 wrote:

I wasn't alive during Chuck Taylor's time(I'm not sure if my grandparentents  were even around during his days,) and I don't know crap about Guillermo Vilas. I'e always worn Chucks and Puma GVs, would that earn me the title of hypebeast?

Well it sounds like you know alot about the shoes, alot than I do. You more than alot more about chucks than these kids knew about these Concords. 
Some people take this shoe game seriously. They feel as if hypebeast are smear on what they do.

Take Lil Wayne he ran around for while with a skate board and never road it. Underground skaters took offense to it. He was a hypebeast. He did not ride cause he didnt know how to. Wayne turned around learn to ride.

I think thats how heads feel about these Concords. Dont stand behind them in line and refer to them as the christmas jordans, black white space jams, or the new patent leathers. 

I would listen to Rick James growing up. My pops would say "What you know bout this boy". I was not born when he was hot. Until he sat down and schooled me I thought Mary Jane was a girl. 

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Didn't know you had to be "around" when a shoe came out to like. Hell, half of the Nike classics we all love came out before we we're born.
Ya'll just bitter for no %+%%!%! reason I swear.

Air Force 1's... came out in 82. How many nt'ers have a pair of af1s and born before then?

indifferent.gif

Live and let live.
Hate to admit it but I was born in 80. 

laugh.gif
proud to be a child of '79!!!
pimp.gif

'82 what it do
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

el producto79 wrote:

Well it sounds like you know alot about the shoes, alot than I do. You more than alot more about chucks than these kids knew about these Concords. 
Some people take this shoe game seriously. They feel as if hypebeast are smear on what they do.

Take Lil Wayne he ran around for while with a skate board and never road it. Underground skaters took offense to it. He was a hypebeast. He did not ride cause he didnt know how to. Wayne turned around learn to ride.

I think thats how heads feel about these Concords. Dont stand behind them in line and refer to them as the christmas jordans, black white space jams, or the new patent leathers. 

I would listen to Rick James growing up. My pops would say "What you know bout this boy". I was not born when he was hot. Until he sat down and schooled me I thought Mary Jane was a girl. 

yeah pretty much well said

Originally Posted by shindo03

THIS.

^no hate but this has to be the funniest thing I heard all year on here. So, basically your telling her not to be a hypebeast. That's what little kids are. If Timmy wants it so does Tommy lol....... I mean if you buy her a PC with Windows on it are you going to ask her to write a report on Bill Gates. When she goes on facebook maybe an essay on Mark Zuckerberg. Using a Ipod well that's 5000 word biography on Steve Jobs. Let kids be kids..... who knows why they like what they like. They'll figure it out when they're older. Kids care about popularity and being accepted. Once they go out to college and get in the real world they figure out that none of it really matters. Not trying to tell you how to raise your kid. But, it's inevitable.... no matter what you say to a little kid they can't fathom why what one kid has makes them want the same thing. It's like Guess jeans in high school or Girbaud jeans...... who knows why all the kids wanted them..... I mean relatively speaking does it really justify why you want Jordans cause Jordan wore it or cause some rapper wore it. Actually it's really the same as your kid wanting to get what the popular kids want. Maybe to her those popular kids are her Michael Jordan lol......We want them cause Mike wore them and some kids probably want them cause some really good ballplayer kid at the gym was wearing them lol..... 

you completely missed the point of the whole lesson......you must be under 19
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by leothegod

Originally Posted by onajazad

Originally Posted by leothegod

me too i think its a wrap for my FNL order.

I wouldnt say yet, I had a similar issue before with the Bordeaux i didnt get a email confirmation from fnl it took a few days , And my status was showing pending on paypal that time... Still crossing my fingers wish for the best
happy.gif
my order doesnt show up on FNL.com but i have a paypal transaction... idk what happened
Sorry for the late response. But I got the same PayPal email saying my order and payment was sent to FNL. I guess all of us who ordered through them are in the same boat. My order went through around 11pm pst. Someone said on here that paypal and info will not show up on our FNL accounts on the site. Cos I can't log in and my email address that I used is not in their system. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday we get some answers. It really sucks cos our money is tied up already and If by chance they drop somewhere else I can't buy em cos $400 is sitting in paypal for FNL. Trying to be patient...... Woosaw, woosaw...

Dudes justifying their SALTINESS and/or HATRED by calling anyone that copped these hypebeasts... You really mad at someone for buying something they like? 
laugh.gif

el producto79 wrote:

O.K. gotcha...

And I'm the same way if I hear a youngin listening to music I grew up with.
laugh.gif
:

Originally Posted by DRO3000

This. Vancouver is the only good place in Canada. Everything from Calgary to the Montreal = trash
sick.gif

you probably didnt know where Van was until they had the Olympics
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can say the same about a lot of American cities outside of New York, Chicago, LA and Miami.

Chicago is the nicest American city IMO........swagger like no other and the city itself is just beautiful.......especially the women!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Olympics? Ohh I forgot your canadian so the winter Olympics are the most important Olympics  to you, since all you do up there is Ski, Play hockey and watch degrassi on CBC.

I been to your country for work reasons not because of choice. Calgary, Edmonton, Regina = Nothing to do, and even worse the Women=
indifferent.gif

Canadian women don't like American men.....that might explain your saltiness for our cities and her unwillingness to let you up her skirt......nice try come again!  And ya we ski and play hockey.....I'd say we do it pretty well too judging by the last Olympics.  Dissing a country for being good at something isn't gonna help your case for saying the country sucks.

Now lets stay on topic and leave my country alone or I'll start going in on yours......and believe me I can go all night!

I will agree Regina is def a hole tho
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Why is everyone hating on the guy that called his daughter a hypebeast? Cuz its true! He may have went overboard to an extent, but that's his kid and whatever he wants to do to teach her about something is ultimately his decision. Whether she gets something out of it who knows who cares! I buy my Js because I'm a fan of his Airness. But it is justified to know who the hell he was before you buy his shoes. So I totally understand what he's getting at. But I guess I can be called a hypebeast for buying it, because in the end WE ALL ARE IF WE ALL ARE WEARING THE SAME SHOE!

Now on to other matters. The blue sole is supposed to help against yellowing but it will eventually happen seeing as many pairs won't see light of day. Will putting these in the special bag and using that vacuum sealing thing from my kitchen be a good idea? Like do it individually to each shoe and maybe throwing in one of those silica bags? Serious question tho.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

THIS.

Thats a pretty deep lesson in buying for first time buying Jordans.  Education of Jordan before a purchase. Thumbs up for that. I respect what everyone is saying, and even disagreeing with me, but thats my opinion and it clearly shows people buying Jordans and shoes just BECAUSE. Sites never crashed before even for 11s, and thousands lining up causing mayhem and unnecessary use of law enforcement for a shoe. Had to work for it, but i got my double digit pairs, not jealous. i got mine

while i can see both sides of this, i must say, there's nothing wrong with buying a shoe simply because you like how it looks... yes, it's kinda lame to buy stuff based on if it's popular or not, and not if you actually like it (that's the true definition of a hypebeast imo)... but who didn't do that growing up? at least some...

i love michael jordan to death, grew up watching him. watched him take the infamous "last shot" live, everything... he was the main reason i even watched sports, otherwise i was too heavily involved with art and music at that point in my life.

but i can honestly say most if not all of the J's i've bought over the years have been because i like how they look (and i only really mess with 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 8's, 11's, 13's and 14's, haven't bought any others). has nothing to do with nostalgia of him wearing them really, nor performance. the only shoes i've really bought for performance are asics running shoes i use for the gym and stuff.

doesn't mean i don't know and love michael jordan, and shouldn't buy his shoes tho...

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

CALMLY PICKED UP MY PAIRS THIS MORNING.

1 OF MY PERSONAL PAIRS AND MY DAUGHTERS PAIR

TOLD MY DAUGHTER I WASN'T GONNA GET HER CONCORDS FOR CHRISTMAS SHE GAVE ME THIS FACE:

SHE KNOWS BETTER

Lol...my 3 month old son's reaction when we put them on his feet (macbook pics, sorry for the quality photographers) 

Mini me slept on these.....I hope he's not a LeBron fan 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom