Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

So I went to one of the Foot Lockers in my city (there's 3 of them) and dude said that his store isn't getting them AT ALL. Said something about the smaller selling stores won't be getting them and that there are only 3000 pairs for the east coast. Not sure what to believe, it's definitely the smallest selling FL out of the 3 but I just can't see them not getting these in....right?

i just read all the hate about me posting how many pairs i got from the Uk sites and all i can say is thats typical NT. i only posted how many pairs i got twice within like a 3 day period but im bragging? the dudes that were hating posted almost 2 pages of comments about how many pairs i copped, i dont even need to brag because them lames did it for me. but bragging was not my intent, i just noticed a post about wellgosh cancelling pre orders and i was commenting on how 2 of my wellgosh pre orders got cancelled.

Originally Posted by riddla713

i just read all the hate about me posting how many pairs i got from the Uk sites and all i can say is thats typical NT. i only posted how many pairs i got twice within like a 3 day period but im bragging? the dudes that were hating posted almost 2 pages of comments about how many pairs i copped, i dont even need to brag because them lames did it for me. but bragging was not my intent, i just noticed a post about wellgosh cancelling pre orders and i was commenting on how 2 of my wellgosh pre orders got cancelled.
Yeah......but it comes across as bragging; you would need to explain your intent better....DUCY?  Just saying.

I went to the swap meet today to look for them and I asked a guy if they were getting them and he said yea, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I asked how much and he said like 3, 3 something. I wanted to
roll.gif
in his face

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by JayeRell

Lol. Time for the mods to come through and clean this up. I don't see why people brag about having X amount of pairs at retail. News flash...even retail isn't a good deal on these shoes that cost no more than $10 pair to make in a sweatshop overseas. Everybody is still getting ripped off-some less than others. The only person who's really getting a "good deal" is Nike and even that's debatable b/c it's at the expense of exploiting others.

With that being said-I'm not saying don't cop them. I would like to get my pair just like many other people. If you like them then purchase them, but the bragging is a bit excessive when you look at the big picture. There's more to life than Concord XI's.
Well, on the flip side, if you really do believe that Nike is exploiting others and believe that they shouldn't do so, then you shouldn't buy their shoes to support their efforts.  Also, you can't just figure raw materials and labor into the costs of a shoe....don't forget that anyone that worked on the Jordan XI project at Nike have to get paid too.

I figured someone would miss the point. I said clearly in my post that if you like them cop them as I am. The point I was making was there's no need to brag on multiple pairs of $180 kicks because the only one really making bank off these is Nike. Labor only matters when you're personally doing the work. Nike is paying people probably $1 a day for labor they aren't even doing.

Originally Posted by riddla713

DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO. CONGRATS ON YOUR PAIRS. YOU FROM H-TOWN?

anybody purchasing the eastbay giftcards for 20% off?   you cant use it till after dec 26 but im sure eastbay will have a few restocks of the 11s

Lol. Time for the mods to come through and clean this up. I don't see why people brag about having X amount of pairs at retail. News flash...even retail isn't a good deal on these shoes that cost no more than $10 pair to make in a sweatshop overseas. Everybody is still getting ripped off-some less than others. The only person who's really getting a "good deal" is Nike and even that's debatable b/c it's at the expense of exploiting others.

With that being said-I'm not saying don't cop them. I would like to get my pair just like many other people. If you like them then purchase them, but the bragging is a bit excessive when you look at the big picture. There's more to life than Concord XI's.
Well, on the flip side, if you really do believe that Nike is exploiting others and believe that they shouldn't do so, then you shouldn't buy their shoes to support their efforts.  Also, you can't just figure raw materials and labor into the costs of a shoe....don't forget that anyone that worked on the Jordan XI project at Nike have to get paid too.

I figured someone would miss the point. I said clearly in my post that if you like them cop them as I am. The point I was making was there's no need to brag on multiple pairs of $180 kicks because the only one really making bank off these is Nike. Labor only matters when you're personally doing the work. Nike is paying people probably $1 a day for labor they aren't even doing.

No, you're assuming I miss it; I got your point loud and clear.  I agree with you, there's no need to brag about multiple pairs.  I was just pointing out some irrelevant points to your main point is all.  I still stick to the fact that if a person really cared about exploitation of human labor, then that person shouldn't support any company that they perceive to do so.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

I went to the swap meet today to look for them and I asked a guy if they were getting them and he said yea, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. I asked how much and he said like 3, 3 something. I wanted to
roll.gif
in his face
Which one?

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

NTSF doing it the right way. first come first serve wrist band, GUARANTEED PAIRS. Unlike New York, NO Guarantee on pairs with wristband.

Yeah, I saw their facebook post and immediately drove to the city! One wristband guarantees you 2 mens sizes and one GS. You can pick up them up anytime between 7am-3pm release day.
10.5 & 11 locked down.

he got a point tho no one is getting rich selling concords not even that kid bragging about his 11 pairs, maybe near a thousand which isnt much at all if u got a legit job, and if u got enough to buy 11 pairs then odds are that ur not jobless

Originally Posted by Scorpion

roll.gif
in his face
Which one?

im tempted to go to one of the swapmeets around here, record myself talking to the employees without them knowing and get them on tape saying they'll sell the shoes early but for over $300.   then tell em i recorded the conversation and that unless they sell em for retail im taking that tape and going straight to nike and reporting them selling shoes prior to the release date their account tells them to sell em for.

im pretty sure once they realized i have them on tape saying they'll sell them early  they would take the L and sell em for retail as that would be damaging to their jb account.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

anybody purchasing the eastbay giftcards for 20% off?   you cant use it till after dec 26 but im sure eastbay will have a few restocks of the 11s

if Eastbay was consistent with their customer service and product availability I would make ALL my purchases from them... sadly, they are, in my opinion, the most inconsistent online retailer during major releases.  The countdown checkout line is a joke, the site often crashes, and even if the shoes go through, you get your product in a plastic bag and destroyed shoe box.
cliffs: eastbay sucks 

Eastbay is a hit or miss kinda thing... Tried copping the China LBJ 9 this weekend on their sight. Thinking I would finally just wait on of those timers out and what happens??? No timer, mass chaos, site crashes... I usually just try to cop GR retros from them and anything that pretty much goes on sell... I still think that Finishline is the worse... Site literally goes to system maintanence (crashes) before you have a chance to add shoes to cart...

I'll be waiting at midnight to cop online, if for some reason that doesn't work out I'll pay the eBay reseller prices like I did with the cool greys, between $240-$250. Spending time with my girl and kid any day over standing in the freezing cold amongst a zoo of folks with no guarantee of anything. I'm not one of those people that have to have the shoe in my hand the day of, it's not that serious to me.

Originally Posted by youngmoney704

Eastbay is a hit or miss kinda thing... Tried copping the China LBJ 9 this weekend on their sight. Thinking I would finally just wait on of those timers out and what happens??? No timer, mass chaos, site crashes... I usually just try to cop GR retros from them and anything that pretty much goes on sell... I still think that Finishline is the worse... Site literally goes to system maintanence (crashes) before you have a chance to add shoes to cart...

Definite hit this past weekend for me. Chinas copped after 2 attempts. no timer. took 2 minutes. I was shocked, but 15 minute later i get the site was out indefinitely
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by Rightguard

if Eastbay was consistent with their customer service and product availability I would make ALL my purchases from them... sadly, they are, in my opinion, the most inconsistent online retailer during major releases.  The countdown checkout line is a joke, the site often crashes, and even if the shoes go through, you get your product in a plastic bag and destroyed shoe box.
cliffs: eastbay sucks 

thats true, i just couldnt pass up 100 dollars off 500. i buy a lot of other products but im hoping to snag a pair of concords even after the release date

No, you're assuming I miss it; I got your point loud and clear.  I agree with you, there's no need to brag about multiple pairs.  I was just pointing out some irrelevant points to your main point is all.  I still stick to the fact that if a person really cared about exploitation of human labor, then that person shouldn't support any company that they perceive to do so.
Tell me how in America anyone would survive without consciously or unconsciously supporting exploitation of human labor in the USA?  Exactly.  Again, you made an assumption. I never said whether I cared or didn't.  I was presenting the other side of the argument and saying if you really think about it there's no need to brag because the reseller really isn't profiting here. 

I said that nobody is really gaining anything with the sell or resell of these kicks except Nike and one could even debate with whether Nike actually is since it's at the exploitation of others.  For some monetary gain at the expense of demoralizing or treating others unfairly is really no gain at all.  That was my point.  If you'd like to know my stance on human rights issues you could've just sent me a PM since afterall this thread is supposed to be about the Concord XI's.
is this thread about
the_thinker.jpg

or is this thread about

air-jordan-xi-white-concord.jpg

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by Scorpion

roll.gif
in his face
Which one?

im tempted to go to one of the swapmeets around here, record myself talking to the employees without them knowing and get them on tape saying they'll sell the shoes early but for over $300.   then tell em i recorded the conversation and that unless they sell em for retail im taking that tape and going straight to nike and reporting them selling shoes prior to the release date their account tells them to sell em for.

im pretty sure once they realized i have them on tape saying they'll sell them early  they would take the L and sell em for retail as that would be damaging to their jb account.

Guys at the swap meet have Jordan Accounts? I always thought Swap Meet was just a nicer way of saying flea market, home of all things second hand and obtained under less than authorized channels of distribution. 

Back
Top Bottom