Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by weapen12

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by abernja

^ I doubt they will pay.

There were 53, FIFTY-THREE bids on that.
sick.gif
it's fake. look at the bid history.  clever they tried to create MORE hype around these. look out for the seller to resell them in a few days.
roll.gif
THIS.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've always thought about this myself. I always thought that sellers have multiple user names to raise the bid. It will be relisted in a few days just like you said.

Originally Posted by Franco23x

Originally Posted by mints

if you got something that looks like EE9digitnumberGB plug that number into parcelforce.com or usps.com, it won't show up on usps.com until it gets to the exporting facility in the UK though.
Mine from CT are apparently in America already.
pimp.gif

Edit: Already on Long Island, checked on usps and said their a couple of towns from my house and the processing plant

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I hope you get yours today my man.

Just got off the phone with a Nike rep
Says there might be a possible restock on these so for those who missed out keep an open eye for these...

What yall think is the value from top to bottom of all the XI's?

I think its:
Space jam, concord, bred, cool grey, columbia, anniversary.

If there is a restock say Eastbay, being a loyalty member do I get a email saying restock or any kind of first dibs?!? Still waiting on hold with FNL to see if my order went through. Would really like to hear from them so I know they are coming or when I'm getting my money back to keep on the chase

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by weapen12

Originally Posted by spizike231

There were 53, FIFTY-THREE bids on that.
sick.gif
it's fake. look at the bid history.  clever they tried to create MORE hype around these. look out for the seller to resell them in a few days.
roll.gif
THIS.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've always thought about this myself. I always thought that sellers have multiple user names to raise the bid. It will be relisted in a few days just like you said.

they do this on a bunch of auctions to make it seem like a good buy when they are only like $400.  Basically it just drives the price up.  More than likely the auctioneer will place the last bid and then cancel the auction.

Originally Posted by kidstylez

What yall think is the value from top to bottom of all the XI's?

I think its:
Space jam, concord, bred, cool grey, columbia, anniversary.

Nope I guarantee that when the Breds drop again they will surpass any other 11. Hype-train did not start to gain momentum until the SJ's. They were released in a pack the last time. A solo drop and it will get epic. Technology is fueling the hype behind these releases. As it develops and people start adopting it more the more the hype grows. Think about it JB has done no advertising for these. The internet/ word of mouth fueled this release. 

Originally Posted by kdude87

Finish Line heads i got this off their twitter page:

Finish Line @Startin2Stack Your shoes should be shipped either Monday or Tuesday of this week. You should be able to track it once it ships!
The thing people need to realize about Finish Line and shipping is this.
Although some major releases are shipped from their warehouse in Indiana, the majority of shipments come directly from the stores and are done by just your regular sneaker collector like you and me. 

What I mean by that is a few things:

The send sales (shipments) are done typically the next business day. During this time of year most stores will have about 65-200 send sales to send A DAY.

Keep in mind this is done by 1-3 people at the store TOPS, on top of that they have to stop and assist customers (ya these shipments are done during normal business hours)

The UPS cat comes to the store around 4pm in most malls, and if it's not done then welp! its not done. The associates have a choice depending how busy it is to either: a) keep on boxing up items and printing the labels to catch up. or b)leave what's left for the next day.

Oh and this might not come as shocker to some but your 11's!!!! those are automatically assigned to a store based on the inventory they are sitting on. You might ask how they could be sitting on inventory for a shoe so sought after? Well the underpaid employees  couldn't afford them during the release date so they put their pair(s) in the back and just said screw it I wait till my next check. So when the send sale comes to that store searching for your size 10.5 concords, the associate marks it as a "no stock" thus leading to your order being placed back into the vortex thus resulting in more delays.

I know all of this because I was an "AM" (assistant manager) at the Valencia Town Center, Valencia, CA store 838 location for a few years. I have seen and done all of those things. It is unfortunate but it is the way it is. Yes things could have changed since I was there which was late 08, but I have good friends that are still there. Also yes there are some regions where the DM"s and RM's (the big guys in charge) will never let this happen so it's very possible that this does not happen everywhere. 

So to those who ordered from Finishline, some of you will be getting yours in a timely fashion. The rest of you I hate to inform you, but you're in for the nightmare. 

Originally Posted by glove72

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

To Eastbay Rep,

How can you possible order when as soon as it launches, the site crashes. When you refresh, the site does not even come back up. I don't get how people are able to get their orders in. You guys at Footlocker Inc. really need to upgrade your site/order system especially for big releases. Please chime in when you can. Thanks

I'm not necessarily defending Eastbay and I'm a shoe collector and didnt get my pair so obvious frustration....but I work with computers..

Had to be at least 200,000 people online trying to cop these shoes...dudes sitting in front of 4-5  computers, people on IPhones and Droids trying while camping...and make no mistake people in other countries order from the site too.  It was inevitable that their site would crash; especially for this release.

The amount of money it takes to improve a sites computer server is crazy...so the thoughts a company would do it simply for the 3-4 releases a year that would crash makes no business sense.  Besides, they will still sell all of their product anywya so why would they bother?

Bottomline...this release was a crap shoot...some people got through and won the lottery...some didnt (including me)...not bitter, just moving on and working ways to get my pair by the connects on NT
Would you be able to explain how a server picks people to get through to the website?  

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

To Eastbay Rep,

How can you possible order when as soon as it launches, the site crashes. When you refresh, the site does not even come back up. I don't get how people are able to get their orders in. You guys at Footlocker Inc. really need to upgrade your site/order system especially for big releases. Please chime in when you can. Thanks

I'm not necessarily defending Eastbay and I'm a shoe collector and didnt get my pair so obvious frustration....but I work with computers..

Had to be at least 200,000 people online trying to cop these shoes...dudes sitting in front of 4-5  computers, people on IPhones and Droids trying while camping...and make no mistake people in other countries order from the site too.  It was inevitable that their site would crash; especially for this release.

The amount of money it takes to improve a sites computer server is crazy...so the thoughts a company would do it simply for the 3-4 releases a year that would crash makes no business sense.  Besides, they will still sell all of their product anywya so why would they bother?

Bottomline...this release was a crap shoot...some people got through and won the lottery...some didnt (including me)...not bitter, just moving on and working ways to get my pair by the connects on NT
Would you be able to explain how a server picks people to get through to the website?  
It doesnt just pick a person to get through, When people stop going on the site for a min or two and the server goes back up it will work until it crashes again, and they will fix it again and so on until there sold out and then the site traffic goes down.

Latency between the network their on and the one between the one the store site is on. It's why some etrading companies pay a lot to be colocated in the same building as the exchange, a few milliseconds count when it comes to getting in first.

The one that got me on this release was how Nike missed that 0s in a zipcode would cause an error in the checkout process if you're using an iOS 5 device, I certainly hope whatever team set that up and went live with having it fixed got fired.

For those of you who ordered from Wellgosh, how do you track your package? I can't seem to locate the company they deal with even though it says Fedex on their website. Any help?

plug in the number in google, it should figure out what kind of number it is. If that doesn't work or it has a number that starts with EE then it's coming through the Royal Mail/USPS track it at parcelforce.com or usps.com once it gets in the States.

Originally Posted by matothett

has anyone put a UK pair next to a US pair to see if there is a difference?

Only difference will be the tag on the box won't have the US MSRP perforated edge and the inside of the shoe will have a materials sticker instead of the size sticker.

Lol

I don't get what the LOL is for. You think sites in Europe are scheming to scam a few hundred people out of $185 or so? That really is the difference, you wouldn't be able tell where a pair came from unless you see it before the sticker's taken out of the insole or check the tag on the box.

Originally Posted by JJC6723

My eastbay order has been processing since release date when others have already received shipping confirmations.
Same here.....hmm.

Only difference will be the tag on the box won't have the US MSRP perforated edge and the inside of the shoe will have a materials sticker instead of the size sticker.

Lol

I don't get what the LOL is for. You think sites in Europe are scheming to scam a few hundred people out of $185 or so? That really is the difference, you wouldn't be able tell where a pair came from unless you see it before the sticker's taken out of the insole or check the tag on the box.
last year the cool greys had a bluer hue than the american pairs sir, relax

No result. Mine has AA at the beginning. We all had same issue last year duing cool grey XI but then somebody guided us towards the right website but I just can't remember which one.

Another daily reminder to all the newbies, lurkers and desperate concord seekers...

There is absolutely [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]NO BUYING,SELLING OR TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD[/color]. Take that to the buy/sell forums or hit up someone thru the PM's list thread for all you people wanting to "help". Posting any of that here can/will earn you a vacation away from Niketalk. You can also use your signature as long as your not "sig checking".

PM requests posted here will be deleted on site. Please use the PM list thread for that. Don't get suspended because you're desperate and it's the holidays....Know the rules. 

I cant remember my CT account info so I cant log in, and tried the account reset a few times and no luck.

Back
Top Bottom