Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by JWiZz3123

would it be a good idea to call in to eastbay 5-10 minutes before the set release time? or no? thinking about small-talking customer service
laugh.gif
My guess is that everyone will be going in with this mentality and the phone lines will already be busy by then.  I wonder what type of BS the operators will sit thru knowing very well that EVERYONE calling in around this time will only have one thing on their mind...the Concords. 

Im in Houston and I know its going to be a problem to get these, if you in Houston where you going and what places are doing midnight releases? I called a few places but all line are busy.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by judeezy36

like the grapes-- they were 250-300 about 3-5 months after release and then went up to 4+
What about the 2000s then. 2000s are somewhat low now around 350. I doubt the 2011s will be worth more then a 2000 pair DS.

they might be in a few years when the 00's become completely unwearable.
one reputable ebay seller lists some og's like xii's and xiii's for less than their recent retro counterparts. and i believe it may have to do with wearability.
taking into account that xi's are a different beast altogether, but at a certain point 2011's on your feet will be worth more than 2000's on your shelf.
Don't assume the 00's will be unwearable in a few years. I still have my OG BREDS, Columbia's and BRED low ie and still wear them. No sole seperation or cracking patent leather and those are much older than the 00's retro's. Its how your take care of your shoes that determine the longevity.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

Some of you are true rookies or just plain simple when it comes to this. This shoe will resell around $400 by the time it releases and afterwards. The $300 price range is going to seem like a great price when this happens. This is the most sought out shoe in the Jordan line. The holy grail of holy grails.
You know this is a matter of opinion, and each person has their own holy grail.
indifferent.gif

Thank you captain obvious. Let me elaborate for those that chose to take things out of context. MY favorite shoe are the Infrared VI's and the Playoff/ASG XIII's. No matter what you want to believe or say, these concords ARE the holy grail of holy grails. I understand there are opinions but no other shoe is more iconic and best selling than the concords. I don't care if its the Infrared VI's, the Space Jams or a super limited edition retro. People have their favorite retro Jordans but, when it comes to the concords, they'll shell out $300+ before release date and even more once they sell out. It's a highly valuable shoe. Again, it's safe to say this is the holy grail of all holy grails.

Originally Posted by scoop99

Originally Posted by mrhood84

Originally Posted by scoop99

THIS.
I went to my mom & pop store last week and asked how much they are selling them for, they told me $300 because the other stores around $400
sick.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. I said no thanks, but I will probably buy my 1 year old son's pair from them because they are selling those for retail. Anyways, I got my pair locked up by getting my wristband at Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island, NY on 6:00 am this past Sunday without really camping guaranteeing me my size. I arrived at 4:30 am and paid some dude $30 for his ticket which he was selling. After that, I went back to my car and stayed till 5:45 am because it was cold outside. If I did not get his ticket, then I will not get a pair for retail at least. This will be my first and last time, I will ever line up for a wristband because the people who were right behind me were at the mall since 12:00 midnight
laugh.gif
. If you want to talk about going to Eastbay or Nike sites at midnight, I FAIL.
What store was this giving out wristbands in Roosevelt Field?  I was thinking about heading out there.

Oops, I forgot to mention, the Nike Store on the 2nd floor. Although the wristbands are giving out, I know that footlocker is selling them on Friday 6:00 am I believe. Maybe you can give them a call to confirm. Also, I expect Champs, footaction and finishline to have them as well. I just do not know what time they are selling them or how many pairs that each store is holding.  
Appreciate it bro
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air4life

The blessing and the curse of this release is that there are people after this shoe who have no desire to possess it.  Their primary goal is to buy it and sell it at a profit.  It's a curse because it makes it hard for people like us who want the shoe for the shoe to get the shoe.  Why it's a blessing is that these people, after realizing that everyone isn't willing to spend 400 on shoes, will sell it at a lower price.  Right now people are able to sell it for whatever they want because the demand is sky high and the supply is low.  Come midnight tomorrow, that demand will be partially satisfied with the official release.  There will be some people who don't get the shoe so the demand will be there.  But it will not be as high as it is right now.  If this was a stock, I would expect a slight rise in prices as the shoe releases, but gradually it will come down.  You guys know how we are.  We're going to get all jazzed up for this one, like we have in the past(but a little more I admit), and after it's over and all of the stories about mayhem, near misses, and success subsides, we will be on to the next one.  
 I will cliff-note your statement - 'Life Goes On'

scoop99 wrote:
Originally Posted by dankenstien88

scoop99 wrote:
As much as I hate this, I do believe that the 2011 Concords will be selling from $300+. I do agree with you that the 2010 Cool Greys rarely sold for $300 and the reason for that the the Cool Greys are no where near the class of the Concords. Also, the price of the 2009 Space Jams and 2008 Black/Red 11 CDP prices are currently selling over $300 easily. I think that the price will dip below $300 at first, but then gradually increase. By the end of next year, it will probably hit nearly $400
frown.gif

I agree with castro.

No way these will be $400 in a year. I can see $400+ over the next week or two while people are still beasting but as time passes and people see how many of these things were actually produced, I think prices will be closer to the SJ range.

According to Gentry the XI has been JBs only shoe to sell out 100% on RD every time since the CDP. People would have to be fools to think that these 2011 Concords are "limited" in any way shape or form.

By late January as soon peoples Credit Card bills start coming in you will see lots of pairs selling for the $240-$270 range. Exact same thing happened to the CDP, SJ, and CG.

I mean really... If these are going to be worth $400 next december, does that mean my 2000s would be valued at $700 ? How about my OGs will be those be worth $1,600 ?  ... I highly doubt it.

Your statement regarding the value of the 2000's or the OG's will dramatically appreciate, then you are absolutely incorrect. I mean really. Compare the value of the 2000 Space Jams to the 2009 pair, almost the same. Now, compare the value of the 2001 Air Jordan 11 Black/Red to the CDP, and the 2001 pair is higher but not significantly and if you compare it to the OG's, it is not significantly higher. Now compare the 2001 Cool Greys to 2010 release, the gap in price is still not significant. Yeah, they will TRY to sell for $400 immediately, but they will not move fast at all (at least not immediately) especially many stores ans websites are selling for $300. I believe when release day hits and people fail to get their pairs for retail or close to it, will pay the $300 price. But if you think it will sell for $400, then I do not see it yet. Especially when you can get the 2000's DS for $300-$400. If that is the case, I might as well chase down a third pair of 2000 Air Jordan Concords. 
The space jams are also a very popular 11 and it took them a long time before they reached $400 and that is a holy grail for many.

laugh.gif
 I was just making a joke about my OGs and 2000s.

I think you may want to re-read my post though, because I completely agree with most of what you said.

What about the 2000s then. 2000s are somewhat low now around 350. I doubt the 2011s will be worth more then a 2000 pair DS.

one reputable ebay seller lists some og's like xii's and xiii's for less than their recent retro counterparts. and i believe it may have to do with wearability.
taking into account that xi's are a different beast altogether, but at a certain point 2011's on your feet will be worth more than 2000's on your shelf.

Nah. 

2000s should remain wearable for a LOOOOONG time to come. I have never seen a pair of 2000 XIs that were unwearable/unfixable, or a 1996/1996 pair for that matter. The midsole on the XIs does not degrade the same way some other Jordans midsoles do. Worst case scenario the sole or midsole might seperate and you can fix easily with the adhesive of your choice.

yes, they last for a long time but they won't last forever.
one of my 00's i've worn more than a dozen times over the course of the past few years. the day i unds'ed them they began separating from sitting in a box for almost a decade. i've used shoe goo on them 3 times already.
besides the decade old glue the mesh will eventually yellow as will the soles.
i haven't personally seen anyone unds a 96 pair but i have seen 00-01 xi's separate and it ain't pretty.

Originally Posted by lildzup

i need help. i'm conflicted about the release. do you guys think the ladies can rock this shoe? i'm a girl and can rock foams, lebrons and jordans (to an extent), but am worried about how bulky this shoe is. HELP!
I'm a female too and if you can rock foams which are the epitome of bulky then you should have no prob rocking the xi's.  Xi's are one of the few shoes that look right with all ankle and calf sizes...well, except the anniversary's.

Originally Posted by JayeRell

Originally Posted by lildzup

i need help. i'm conflicted about the release. do you guys think the ladies can rock this shoe? i'm a girl and can rock foams, lebrons and jordans (to an extent), but am worried about how bulky this shoe is. HELP!
I'm a female too and if you can rock foams which are the epitome of bulky then you should have no prob rocking the xi's.  Xi's are one of the few shoes that look right with all ankle and calf sizes...well, except the anniversary's.

Women can literally rock any shoe and make them look good. That's one of the many good things about females
smile.gif

That's awesome that there are finally female sneakerheads posting in this thread
pimp.gif
NT needs more female sneakerheads.

Nah. 

2000s should remain wearable for a LOOOOONG time to come. I have never seen a pair of 2000 XIs that were unwearable/unfixable, or a 1996/1996 pair for that matter. The midsole on the XIs does not degrade the same way some other Jordans midsoles do. Worst case scenario the sole or midsole might seperate and you can fix easily with the adhesive of your choice.

yes, they last for a long time but they won't last forever.
one of my 00's i've worn more than a dozen times over the course of the past few years. the day i unds'ed them they began separating from sitting in a box for almost a decade. i've used shoe goo on them 3 times already.
besides the decade old glue the mesh will eventually yellow as will the soles.
i haven't personally seen anyone unds a 96 pair but i have seen 00-01 xi's separate and it ain't pretty.

my '00 pairs that i've owned since release date is holding up ok. Just that the mesh needs a bit of a clean up and the soles need some clearing up as well.

Originally Posted by AdamKarvounakis

Does anyone know what the situation at Queens Center Mall will be like. Never bought at a mall for this kind of release
Right now it is the calm before the storm at QCM.  If you plan on camping tomorrow until midnight then it's best you get there in the early afternoon because anytime past 2 or 3 pm it's going to look like a zoo.  For the past 2 years with the Space Jams and Cool Greys the 3rd Floor of that mall is damn near shutdown with the amount of people waiting in line for kicks.  Anyone that knows the QCM layout on the 3rd Floor knows that the line wraps around the whole floor like 3 times over.  Last year I was fortunate to have my girlfriend now fiance wait in line from like 2:30 and save me a spot when I got off work so I could double up on my Cool Greys and then we headed downstairs on the first floor to get her size from kids foot locker.  Had to wife that girl after that dedication!
roll.gif
.  GOOD LUCK BRO! AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL TRYING TO COPP!!!!!

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by judeezy36

like the grapes-- they were 250-300 about 3-5 months after release and then went up to 4+
yes they will.  not every single time, but my guess is they will average around 350 for the next year...
See that's what im having a hard time understanding. I dont get how the value of a recent retro can exceed or even come close the value of  a crisp og or 2000. This has never and i mean never happend to an og or old school retro. How is that these concords can exceed the value of their respective senior counterparts?  like really, $350 for a 2011 concord. Like just think about that for a second.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

yes they will.  not every single time, but my guess is they will average around 350 for the next year...
See that's what im having a hard time understanding. I dont get how the value of a recent retro can exceed or even come close the value of  a crisp og or 2000. This has never and i mean never happend to an og or old school retro. How is that these concords can exceed the value of their respective senior counterparts?  like really, $350 for a 2011 concord. Like just think about that for a second.
yea its unfortunate. but if you look at the space jams, 09 and 00, they are just about the same in resell value. with 00 slightly more. Been seeing 09 space jams well over 300-350 while the 2000s are around 350-400. And 2000s quality is superior to the 2009. 2009s are pretty trashy to me.

Come on Houston Any info for midnight release deerbrook has no more tickets northwest giving out tickets tomorrow woodlands tomorrow were can I get this shoes

Originally Posted by AdamKarvounakis

Don't assume the 00's will be unwearable in a few years. I still have my OG BREDS, Columbia's and BRED low ie and still wear them. No sole seperation or cracking patent leather and those are much older than the 00's retro's. Its how your take care of your shoes that determine the longevity.

i'm not assuming. i have 00's and they wouldn't last a few more years with average daily wear. had they been worn since 00 then they'd probably hold up much better but unds'ing a pair of 00 in the year 2015 probably won't end well.
granted i only wear them once a month, if that, so they'll be fine. but i've seen how a lot of kids wear their shoes (vvvvnds w/ mad heel drag).
i've seen people still rock 99 iv's from the day they released with no problem. but i've also seen a couple 99 iv's unds'ed within the past 2 years and they've crumbled in less than 10 steps. and i'm not assuming that either, i've actually witnessed it.
with that said, not all 00 xi's will be unwearable. i apologize for the previous blanket statement. but some people might not want to take chances with separation. especially not those planning to wear them on the court.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Some of you are true rookies or just plain simple when it comes to this. This shoe will resell around $400 by the time it releases and afterwards. The $300 price range is going to seem like a great price when this happens. This is the most sought out shoe in the Jordan line. The holy grail of holy grails.
You know this is a matter of opinion, and each person has their own holy grail.
indifferent.gif

Thank you captain obvious. Let me elaborate for those that chose to take things out of context. MY favorite shoe are the Infrared VI's and the Playoff/ASG XIII's. No matter what you want to believe or say, these concords ARE the holy grail of holy grails. I understand there are opinions but no other shoe is more iconic and best selling than the concords. I don't care if its the Infrared VI's, the Space Jams or a super limited edition retro. People have their favorite retro Jordans but, when it comes to the concords, they'll shell out $300+ before release date and even more once they sell out. It's a highly valuable shoe. Again, it's safe to say this is the holy grail of all holy grails.
The fact that Concords sell "better" than other retros or signature shoes of Mike's does not make them the "Holiest of Grails". 

Now, indeed it may be the most hyped and sought after of all shoes at the moment.  The term Holy Grail, at least to myself and other sneakerheads I know, is something of true significance and meaning.  Something in the heart and soul.

The fact that people are buying in upwards to 5-25+ pairs of these shoes to resell and/or give to their family and friends does not necessarily make it the Holiest of Grails.  A very fashionable and desired shoe yes, but qualified as the paramount and most iconic shoe in the entire Jordan line of all models, I don't agree with.

While selling well is a necessary prerequisite to be considered in the Grail line of many collectors, it is not sufficient in itself to be considered as the all time "greatest" signature shoe model to ever be released in Jordan's line.

I'm sure there are a lot of motives behind making statements like this (and I am not personally calling you out GottaB...so no disrespect meant at all, understand that)...but, there is a lot more at play right now as many are attempting to build hype and deplete their stocks while maximizing their profit all the same.

Resell cost projections at $400+, stating it is the "Holiest of Grails", it is a perfect storm to build and amass hype and fear while people scramble to secure just one or two pairs.

Relax people, don't be rash with your hard-earned money.  You will not have as a hard a time as you think getting these shoes if you are willing to put in a little extra work.

Just know, that the same "fam" trying to sell these shoes to you at $300-400 right now and soon after the release are the breed, if not the same individuals that helped deplete the stock and make them harder to come by than they ever should have been.

Got my flame suit on, so bring it. 
laugh.gif

Naw, it's all love.  Peace.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom