Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by s dubl

too many inconsistencies with retail/legit pairs to compare to fakes... If you have a pair and they look OK to you roll with it.

Ive seen some of these so called fakes that look much better than pairs purchased directly from a large chain retail store.

This release is making it too difficult to be in this hobby....

I agree. Not overly impressed with my Concords (contrasting differences in the white mesh and white eyelets). They look sightly better than the SDS pair I had. 
I will see how I feel when I get around to wearing them. 

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Look guys, I'm not saying that it definitely means shoes with those characteristics are fake, I'm just saying it should raise your awareness/suspicion if you do order from a website that you are not too sure of.

i understand. i say just buy from a legit source and you should be fine. JB quality is pretty bad, My early pairs are better quality than a couple of my release date pairs.

Look guys, I'm not saying that it definitely means shoes with those characteristics are fake, I'm just saying it should raise your awareness/suspicion if you do order from a website that you are not too sure of.

the problem with posting that is, if someone walks into a foot locker and buy a pair straight off the ups truck (or whatever company delivers the shoes), and the date is 6/__/11, has an inconsistent patent cut, glue stains, or whatever that isnt 100% handcrafted quality they are now going to be worried. Main signs are the non milky toe, and the flat (non metallic) paper. Other than that it could just be a quality issue (like we arent used to it from JB yet?) issue straight from the factory. 

this is a pair I saw on facebook, purchased from a retail chain store... 100% legit

like I said, this release makes it too damn difficult.

Originally Posted by s dubl

the problem with posting that is, if someone walks into a foot locker and buy a pair straight off the ups truck (or whatever company delivers the shoes), and the date is 6/__/11, has an inconsistent patent cut, glue stains, or whatever that isnt 100% handcrafted quality they are now going to be worried. Main signs are the non milky toe, and the flat (non metallic) paper. Other than that it could just be a quality issue (like we arent used to it from JB yet?) issue straight from the factory. 

this is a pair I saw on facebook, purchased from a retail chain store... 100% legit

like I said, this release makes it too damn difficult.

I understand where you're coming from; I should have prefaced my post with "If from a website you're not sure about".  I'll go ahead and edit.  

I just had a random thought; on the flip side, what if someone buys a legit pair from Foot Locker and then returns an early release grey market pair back to Foot  Locker?  Hmm.  

l ruined the patent leather on my concords!  i wiped it with alcohol and it dulled the surface.  it looks horrible.  Does anyone know how to restore the shine or are they completely ruined?  It's only the left shoe.  I tried vaseline, it helped a little but not much.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Alcohol on patent leather? Start out with Armor All cleaning wipes and then on to tire wet/ armor all.

Just took a closer look at my NDC pairs(size 12) and I am not as happy as you guys with the quality.
The cut of the patent leather on both pairs are super low.  There is severe orange peel looking dimples on the inner foot part of the patent leather on 1 pair.  The jumpman stitching and leather around it on the heel is messy.  The front eyelets aren't evenly placed, causing the lacing to look strange at the forefoot.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by BigPoint

So after camping out from 9pm to 5am at South Coast Plaza, I ended up getting my size 14. And omg these shoes are beautiful!! After that I cruised over to Westminster mall for their restock. Got to the line at about the 100th person at 5:30 am for them to tell everybody they only got 10 pairs in... Cruised up the 405 to work and I check my email and my Eastbay order I placed 2 days ago shipped!! Today is turning out to be a really great day. Now all I need to do is hear from Sole Heaven and I'm set with my 3 pairs!!

Let me get this straight.  You ordered 1 pair from Eastbay and another pair from Sole Heaven.  Then you proceeded to camp out in the cold for 8 straight hours just to get a 3rd pair?  Not knowing if they would even still have your size since you were 100th in line?

Come on man this guy is a cool cat don't knock down a FAM who's actually putting in work to get some...its better than those who keep asking for hand me downs of where's the next restock...geez I don't know him personally but this guy even pm to tell me what's up...now that's a guy who watches out for his SO-CAL heads in here. Appreciate it bro...too bad i was at work...still looking for my first but am happy you got yours...well deserved...Forget the SALTINE CRACKERS in here...this place isn't what it used to be...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Nicallnet

l ruined the patent leather on my concords!  i wiped it with alcohol and it dulled the surface.  it looks horrible.  Does anyone know how to restore the shine or are they completely ruined?  It's only the left shoe.  I tried vaseline, it helped a little but not much.  Any tips would be appreciated.

Pics?

Kanye-Shrug.jpg

Anyone know of any restocks in Vegas? Help a fellow fam out? I'm still looking for my first pair
frown.gif

Got my two pairs from endclothing and urban industry. Arrived faster than my NDC order. My NDC order won't show up until Tuesday. :tongue:

Love it!

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...nship/-/4714498/7282542/-/3lg417/-/index.html
terrible story 

The Redford Township Police Department was investigating a home invasion that left one man shot over shoes.

Police said two men broke into a home early Friday morning in the 19900 block of Denby Street. One of them was armed with a handgun.

The homeowner, who asked not to be identified, said the men broke into his home and demanded that his 18-year-old son hand over his new Nike Air Jordan shoes which he had received as a Christmas gift.

The suspects fled with a wallet, cash and the Air Jordan shoes.The teen wouldn't give up the shoes without a fight. During the struggle, one of the suspects pulled out the handgun and shot the teen's 19-year-old friend.

The victim was taken to a nearby hospital, treated for his wound and released.

The suspects were both described as black and between 16 and 18 years old. One man was described as 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds with short hair and wearing a white T-shirt.

The other man was described as 6 feet tall, weighing 160 pounds and wearing a gray jacket with a hood.

Police said a white, full-sized General Motors pickup truck may have been used by the suspects.

The break-in and shooting did not appear to be random, police said. The victim was probably specifically targeted.

Anyone with information on the break-in and subsequent shooting is asked to call the Redford Township Police Department at 313-387-2551.

^^^^ DANG
eek.gif
People are really going to extreme lengths to get a pair
30t6p3b.gif

Recently the Footaction near my home was robbed at gun point for the Concords but all were caught and nobody was hurt. Thankfully.

Smh at that article. My ndc order arrived Thursday, I definitely should've stayed true to size and not sized up. Debating on just wearing them anyway,don't feel like going thru the hassle of trying to trade sizes.

ok, so is it safe to say this has been the craziest, most hyped shoe release of all time? geezus lord!
laugh.gif

the employees at my local HOH and champs wouldn't even admit to getting a restock this week if you called. but i got connects at both and they texted me, they got 'em, but the employees beasted on ALL of them except one size 14...

straight CRAY yo!
laugh.gif

^^Same thing happened to my brother down here in SD, Cali
30t6p3b.gif

Employees being all TRIFE!

Just a quick thought here...for those that said their tags had 6/8/11 and were legit. Where and what size are your concords? didn't they make more size 9.5's than any other size? I ask where as well because I too have early production dates and the person i got em from said she bought em from HOH in Jersey. It's a size 9.5 too. Luckily I got two pairs from eastbay and compared them. All matched except for dates the low cut and the stitching was separated longer 0n my 9.5s when I lifted the insole. The eastbay pairs were 11.5 and 12 so I didn't think much of the differences since the sizes were way bigger but I'm starting to question my 9.5s cause of the date and low patent leather cut. If anyone has a 9.5 and know theirs are legit could you post pics?

all these stupid stories are about people getting shot and stabbed over these shoes is ruining it for me. They got my wife scared to get me any future releases. Its a damn shame people have to lose their lives over a stupid shoe.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

Restocks are almost pointless to the public with this release and these shady employees

YUP.
My brother called Footlocker and talked to the Store Manager on Tuesday and he said they were going to sell the Concords tomorrow (Saturday at 9 AM) since their shipment was late but to find out they sold them yesterday
30t6p3b.gif
Most to the employees and mall employees who wanted the hook up/hold my size deal
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom