Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by jeetah

Originally Posted by optimusp517

Ok so I get a call yesterday from Fedex. Need to fill out this form in regards to customs

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND
SECURITY Bureau of Customs and Border

IMPORTER ID
INPUT RECORD

What the heck is it? If I don't fill out what happens? Are they going got possibly charge me a customs fee and typically how much? Endclothing shoe price shipped was $285 total.

I know it's been brought up, but I don't really want to dig through 30-40 pages of stuff.
If you don't fill it out and return it FedEx will not be able to get the package released from customs that's the bottom line.  Fedex can not collect a customs fee they just deliver.  If there is a fee it MAY be sent to you at a later date  but that's not in stone some people have been charged others haven't.  Sent mine back to FedEx yesterday they did not ask for a customs fee and Ispoke to a Rep they said as far as they know it depends on how customs classifies your purchase if its for a business you COULD be taxed personal use depends on cost of the item.

the forms fedex sends also allows u to state wether its for an individual or business or whatever...im not 100% on the fee tho

Originally Posted by toughmoney

Originally Posted by cnoriega

Dude just hit me and said he ordered a single CT pair and his customs duty was $67.00!!! Goodness gracious!!!

damn, might of been better off going the ebay route. At least he would of got in 2-3 days
30t6p3b.gif

What NEX were the concords at? Always see dudes talking about, but don't say where.

The Honolulu NEX.

Ok so I get a call yesterday from Fedex. Need to fill out this form in regards to customs

IMPORTER ID
INPUT RECORD

What the heck is it? If I don't fill out what happens? Are they going got possibly charge me a customs fee and typically how much? Endclothing shoe price shipped was $285 total.

I know it's been brought up, but I don't really want to dig through 30-40 pages of stuff.
If you don't fill it out and return it FedEx will not be able to get the package released from customs that's the bottom line.  Fedex can not collect a customs fee they just deliver.  If there is a fee it MAY be sent to you at a later date  but that's not in stone some people have been charged others haven't.  Sent mine back to FedEx yesterday they did not ask for a customs fee and Ispoke to a Rep they said as far as they know it depends on how customs classifies your purchase if its for a business you COULD be taxed personal use depends on cost of the item.
could you tell FedEx to just return the item to sender? wonder if u could send em back and get a refund

but i think this is what fedex does regardless cuz my CT pair didnt come through them and no custom fees or nothin

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Dude just hit me and said he ordered a single CT pair and his customs duty was $67.00!!! Goodness gracious!!!

30t6p3b.gif

Where was he located, if you don't mind me asking? Does customs really just randomly open these boxes? 
30t6p3b.gif

I thought that just as long as the price was less than 250 USD, customs wouldn't mess with it. 

I'm worried if my pair is held in customs now. 
eyes.gif

-Drew
If it was the guy from the "other site", then it is important to note that, apparently, he is located in Canada.

For you guys confused about the customs form, these are the only parts you have to fill out:

CBP 5106 Instructions

Please be sure to write in only dark ink. This is a form for Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and will not be valid if any scratch marks are made to correct something. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to give me a call on my direct line. I have also provided my fax number to return the form. I have indicated the boxes that will need to be completed on the attached form. Please complete the following boxes:

• Box 1 (mark "notification of Importer's number)
• 2b (social security #)
• 3 (your full name)
• 6 (mark "individual")
• 7-10 (your mailing address)
• 12-15 (your physical address)
• 18-21

then just fax it back to the fedex rep who called you or emailed you.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

30t6p3b.gif

Where was he located, if you don't mind me asking? Does customs really just randomly open these boxes? 
30t6p3b.gif

I thought that just as long as the price was less than 250 USD, customs wouldn't mess with it. 

eyes.gif

-Drew
If it was the guy from the "other site", then it is important to note that, apparently, he is located in Canada.

Originally Posted by woodro

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif

-Drew
couple ppl who actually shipped thru end said they were charged about 20$...one guy said he bought three and paid 60 total customs fees

got my 3 pairs... 2 pairs i got on new years eve from crooked tongues but since i missed the delivery got it on wednesday... i ordered my pairs on release date and used sneaker saving shipping... and my 1 pair came today from snipes... i thought it was going to get canceled 
laugh.gif
... shoutout to niketalk for all the info i was able to cop my pairs easily without the hassle of going to the mall and camping 
pimp.gif
...no need for pics... and forgot to add i didnt pay customs on any of my pairs

Kinda wishing I got an 11 instead of 11.5. Funny thing is my cool greys are an 11 but they're too tight, but these are slightly big. Oh well.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

eyes.gif

-Drew
He is in MN. Another dude said he is having to pay $90+ for 2 pairs ordered from EC. Ouuch.

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

IMPORTER ID
INPUT RECORD

could you tell FedEx to just return the item to sender? wonder if u could send em back and get a refund

but i think this is what fedex does regardless cuz my CT pair didnt come through them and no custom fees or nothin

Yes, you can return to sender, but the customs fee's depends on the business you buy them from. If they don't classify them as gifts or declare the value over $200 or $250 you will have to pay Duty taxes from CBP. 

Originally Posted by sbsallday12

Thought I had 2 pairs secured, now I'm standing here with a 180 dollar nike gift card...

Wait, are you complaining? I sure hope not. 
I'd take that deal any day of the week bruh!

I too ordered from CT on 23rd and my ordered cleared customs, didnt have to pay anything, my package is on its way here!!
pimp.gif

...just waiting for my snipes order, still at 60% since 2 weeks ago smh -___-
30t6p3b.gif

shout out to all those who are taking the time to help other members out with their questions........its refreshing to see something besides bickering over fakes or how many pairs someone has.

Glad I didn't order overseas. My customs fee probably would have been more than that
30t6p3b.gif

Just picked up my CT order from usps.

2 pairs. Value 220 GBP. Customs Fee: $41.49 USD

Shipping box was beat to hell, opened and retaped by Customs.

Concord boxes NOT sliced open LOL. Good shape and shoes were flawless.

Any other questions lemme know...

If you think about it, customs fees isn't that bad...it sucks but:

1.) I didn't pax CA 9.75% tax
2.) I didn't pay Global EMS Express shipping
3.) Shoes were under US retail (at least Crooked Tongues anyway 110 GBP each)

All in all, it pretty much evens itself out. My customs fee for 2 pairs was $41.97

A LOT OF HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH JUST FOR A PAIR OF SHOES.

I KNOW NOW NOT TO ORDER FROM OVERSEAS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT FOR FUTURE RELEASES.

Back
Top Bottom