Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

copped another one size 12 thank you ebay uk
us acting grimey for this release

Originally Posted by The7onius

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

^^^
Wrong
Ordered for years from overseas. never been charged for 1 pair orders under $250USD. Holiday season or not.

2 pairs orders yes if they mark over $250 USD

Actually you're wrong, being from London and coming back and forth regularly and having to deal with customs I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Doesn't matter if it's under a certain amount all items must be relinquished to customs, all package postal labels now have a items column that needs to be filled in, one item is gift or merchandise. I have packages sent to me monthly, they're all marked as gifts so I'm never charged.
Well i cant be wrong either since ive never been charged. im speaking from my experience. You ARE wrong because youre saying everyone will be charge regardless of value if item is crossing borders, and theres plenty of people here that have not been charged. I am sure you have read that through this thread.

^^^
Wrong
Ordered for years from overseas. never been charged for 1 pair orders under $250USD. Holiday season or not.

Actually you're wrong, being from London and coming back and forth regularly and having to deal with customs I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Doesn't matter if it's under a certain amount all items must be relinquished to customs, all package postal labels now have a items column that needs to be filled in, one item is gift or merchandise. I have packages sent to me monthly, they're all marked as gifts so I'm never charged.
Well i cant be wrong either since ive never been charged. im speaking from my experience. You ARE wrong because youre saying everyone will be charge regardless of value, and theres plenty of people here that have not been charged.

Again you're are wrong, I typed the majority of people only had to pay because customs are more thorough during the holidays, most company's put items down as gift so you're not charged extra. The point im making is there's no limit for duty taxes, if there was you wouldn't find a bag of candy in a duty free store, anything bought in a duty free store is exempted from the duty tax you'd have to pay in the border you're traveling too.

@DRO3000...I read your post without realizing who it was that posted at and didn't scroll to the bottom so I was like "Maaaaaaan this clown here..."
laugh.gif
nice to have my pairs all finalized now bro...#feelsgoodman

Well i cant be wrong either since ive never been charged. im speaking from my experience. You ARE wrong because youre saying everyone will be charge regardless of value, and theres plenty of people here that have not been charged.

Again you're are wrong, I typed the majority of people only had to pay because customs are more thorough during the holidays, most company's put items down as gift so you're not charged extra. The point im making is there's no limit for duty taxes, if there was you wouldn't find a bag of candy in a duty free store, anything bought in a duty free store is exempted from the duty tax you'd have to pay in the border you're traveling too.

Ive ordered at all times of the year, holiday season, non holiday season, never been charged. none of the items were marked gift, all had values. But whatever bro.

Custom fees, doesn't matter if your order is under £250 as long as you're shipping across borders you will be charged for items purchased. If you had traveled by plane or boat from Europe to the US you'd have to pass customs and notify them of any items purchased unless they were gifts. Had it not been Xmas most of y'all wouldn't have been charged, but customs was on high alert at that time with all the packages coming into the US.

yeah, you do have to notify them, but they don't charge on merchandise coming into the US unless the declared value is over $200USD. (don't know why people are talking about $250)
Also, I'm not regurgitating info I've read on the internet from other conversations. I have lots of stuff shipped to me from international destinations and thats what it is.

Ive ordered at all times of the year, holiday season, non holiday season, never been charged. none of the items were marked gift, all had values. But whatever bro.

You've been lucky, but you could be billed a year after purchase, I'm not saying everyone gets charged, just letting you know it doesn't matter if it's over £250 or not, it's actually hit or miss but towards the holidays you're more likely to be caught.

^^^
Wrong

That's because you are are from England. I lived there for 5 years, portugal for 2 and Italy for 3. US Customs is simply based on the value and if listed as gift or merchandise. You don't have to claim every single thing you buy.

Originally Posted by mixedpre

Air23xxi I live in San Diego and I must say they are better then the RD ones... Nothing is better to waking up to breakfast and concords

I'm in Texas. Hopefully I will get them early next week. All this waiting is killing me. 

anyone care to weigh in on their opinions of the 25th ed retro 11 and what the value of them are deadstock? thanks... im looking into finalizing my 11 collection and just wanted a few opinions

Originally Posted by jordunk

Originally Posted by TheKid973

I need some help... I've been following both threads but I need some guidance.... I ordered a size 12 from ANYCONLINE.COM which came the next day. But I don't think everything is kosher with my pair. I know there is a big argument about early and release day pairs... Now the thing is my pair is legit by release day guildlines toe cap, jumpman, the 23, and box..... But the only weird thing is it didn't come with a price on the box.... Actually it looks like they're never was one like there was no preforations... Also another red flag is that the size sneakers that are usually on the insoles of new releases are not there.... Also the insoles are not glued down. The jumpman on the pair fingers are not spread out but he atleast has some fingers lol...Am I being to picky or have I been dooped?

There wont be a msrp price tag on the label if they were purchased from outside the US. My pair i ordered from CT did not have the sz sticker on the insole either.

Thanks for clearing all that up I'm more confident in my purchase... I guess they're European pairs because it also looks like they're was a large sticker on the left shoe insole...

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

How many people left who ordered from CT but did not receive their orders.
i still have not recieved it. it's held at customs right now waiting for clearance. i live in CA.

Originally Posted by nyk110283

Originally Posted by kicksb4tricks

Originally Posted by rcanent

smokin.gif
and more on the way

word cashm0ney...if only they knew
good for you guys! hope you can save more children from getting ammonia!
+1 
roll.gif

all the boasting about people cus they got x many pairs for a lower price, is just as bad as the people crying they dont have any pairs

^^^ True dat...and these were the same ones that were bashing on people about having "fake pairs" and asking for proof...then disappeared when they got proven wrong
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

anyone care to weigh in on their opinions of the 25th ed retro 11 and what the value of them are deadstock? thanks... im looking into finalizing my 11 collection and just wanted a few opinions

So let me start off my cool story bro. Ordered 3 pairs. One from Mental Kicks on 12/19/11 because I was worried about not being able to cop these due to working extended holiday hours. And two pairs from Crooked Tongues on 12/23/11 when I got home from work around 1am and miraculously saw they still had some in stock for ordering. Paid shipping for both at CT but they shipped one of my orders with the sneaker saver (free and slow shipping with no tracking) option so it's still in transit.
frown.gif

Fast forward today, I received my MK pair from the mailwoman and my CT pair earlier this week. Both shipped by USPS.

Now on to the part where you guys care about. The comparison between the CT pair and MK pair.

I apologize beforehand for any huge pictures and the quality. Only have this crappy cellphone camera on hand with me. If you guys want to request better pictures of something for comparison just ask and I'll see if I can borrow my sister's camera.
  • Both packages. Maybe CT splitting up my order was a good thing and saved me on any custom fees. [+]
    V8r5d.jpg
  • CT box on top, MK on bottom. MK box had the suggested retail tab for $180 and they were charging $260 for these.
    eyes.gif
    I paid the extra $10 to have my shoe double boxed and bubbled wrapped [+]
    4Ae90.jpg
    Like on some of the videos posted before, the MK box had a different feel on the 23 and jumpman from the CT box. The MK box did have that indentation feel whereas the CT box had a deeper indentation on them. The grooves felt deeper and more bold on the CT box
  • Inside the MK box, there was this purple stain on the paper and a strong smell. The CT pair had no stains and did not have that strong smell. [+]
    sBAvP.jpg
  • The stamp inside the CT box. [+]
    wVJlg.jpg
    No stamp inside the MK box. [+]
    DYULH.jpg
    As you can see the paper is a little different too. Same colors but the pattern is a bit different.
  • Size tag on CT shoe. [+]
    afufv.jpg
    MK tag. Sorry it's a bit blurry, it says at the end 09/08/11 [+]
    v03Zs.jpg
  • On to the shoes straight out from the box. Left pair MK right pair CT. You can already tell the shape is different. The MK pair is more fat/wide while the CT pair is slimmer. [+]
    20BS5.jpg
  • Side by side toe down view of the left shoe. Left shoe is MK, right is CT [+]
    baHSw.jpg
    The right shoes. Left is MK, right is CT [+]
    svSW6.jpg
  • Side by side rear view of the left shoe. The left one is from MK and the right is from CT [+]
    NPIe1.jpg
    Up close view of the MK shoe. [+]
    ks38Q.jpg
    Up close view of the CT shoe. [+]
    06zzr.jpg
  • Side by side rear view of the right shoe. PL cut is higher on the MK pair pictured on the left. [+]
    Yt2F8.jpg
    Close up of the MK shoe. Not as bad as the left shoe but still not perfect like the CT shoe. [+]
    rjcU9.jpg
  • The jumpman and 23 on the left shoe. MK on left, CT on right. [+]
    naYkV.jpg
    Same view again for the right shoe. MK on left, CT on right. [+]
    cAbST.jpg
  • The tongue on my MK pairs. At least it doesn't say JOQDAN.
    indifferent.gif
    [+]
    yQtyX.jpg
    Spoiler [+]
    ufNua.jpg
  • Toe box. MK pair on the left, CT pair on the right. [+]
    DYPJL.jpg
    Sorry for crappy quality but you can see through the toe on the MK pair. [+]
    GOvfY.jpg
    Close up of the CT shoe. Can't see through at all. [+]
    XC21y.jpg
    The MK pair had a more blue shade compared to the CT pair.
  • The sole view of the left shoe. MK on top, CT on bottom [+]
    dY3Gt.jpg
    Same view of the right shoe. MK on top, CT on bottom [+]
    FSISI.jpg
There you have it. A comparison between the Mental Kicks pair and a general release pair, in this case, purchased from Crooked Tongues. Sad part about this is I paid more for the MK pair. I took a gamble and I lost. I'll take this as an L and a lesson learned. Hope this helps and educates people for future releases. I hope I can get a refund from MK. If not I'll throw it up on craigslist and be upfront about where I bought it from. Sell it for what I paid for or maybe even less.

finally my EC order is almost here, cleared customs and in destination city. if their shipping paperwork didn't get messed up, would've had them sooner, but can't complain too much

Back
Top Bottom