:::OFFICIAL AIR JORDAN XX2 POST:::

FLINT XX2s...

Are those only for the all-star game?
WHAT BLOCK YOU ON!!​
WE WILL BE THERE!​
skateboarding​

^ nike is a big business with A LOT of diff things to worry about. these lil slip ups happen all the time with huge companies.
______
WE GROWN.

I had actually bought a pair of the White ones and returned them because I did not feel they were worth $175 but thanks for NIketalk, I caught the NDC info and copped me a pair so I'm straight.

**NT forced me to buy these shoes today**
I didn't plan on buying these today because i know most likely they will go down to about 119.99 in probably 4-6 weeks but after see so much pics and how beautiful they were i just couldn't resist. Went into Footlocker and took a glance on them and i was instantly hooked such a beautiful shoe in terms of appearance. The sleek look is the look ive been missing from Jordans in a while since the XIV's, ofcourse a white/black/red colorway on any Air Jordan is classic. Price tag is a lil steep but money isn't really an issue for me really so that definitely wasn't a set back in me getting the shoe.. Honestly you know when you buy something thats expensive and then you have your regrets well i can honestly say these joints were worth the price tag.

Definitely my favorite Air Jordan since the XIV's, these really blow alot of Jordans out the water both performance wise and exterior design. Definitely will go well with a pair of jeans, probably one of few Jordans in past years where you can really rock these outside with some jeans and it'll blend with the fit perfectly.

Love these joints
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"I Go By "N" Now, Just One Syllable"

Look real nice in person but not worth the $175 tag. I'll wait til they go down and cop, just like now I can cop the first colorway of the XXI's for a good price.

the way that you find the code is by pealing the black part, no not just the black sticker and expecting it to be on the box, is on the black sticker that u peal off. on the back of it you peal out the white part and der it has the code.

damn i can't find them on ndc, take it the glitchis done?
"Dont worry if it was meant to be it'll be soon"​

I really wonder about the "glitch." Sure you want to believe that Nike is such a huge company and that they have so much going on that something like this could just "slip through the cracks." But you also have to consider that the Jordan XX2 is a HUGE release for them, especially on All-Star Weekend and MJ's birthday. Everyone saw how detailed the graphics and ads were; isn't it plausible that things were double and triple checked to make sure nothing was screwed up?

These supposed "Team Economics" dudes should know what I'm talking about. It's called reference dependent preferences (basic Behaviorial Economics, Kahneman and Tversky). Nike set our reference points at $175 for the shoe. Therefor, by reducing the price so much, disguising it as a "glitch" would make it seem like a big gain for us consumers. The result would be what happened--more people bought the shoe than what would have been. They have smart forecasters over at JB and they probably predicted that the shoe would not sell out and would eventually go on sale. But stay with me, I think I'm doing more than stating the obvious.

So when people get through for the few hours and get the shoe, not only does JB sell a huge stock that probably would have went on sale anyway and sold for that much a few months from now, they did two more things. One, for the people that missed out, JB raised their expectations of getting the shoe, creating an "attachment effect" which will increase people's interest and willingness to pay for the shoe (this effect is laboratory tested and car salesmen do it all the time). This will presumably create more sales. Second, they got some free advertising. Us who bought the shoes, who wouldn't have bought them before, will now have them to show to our friends and family, who presumably could become more interested and buy them when they wouldn't have before. We also might become attached to the XX2 model, buying other colors that come out (which presumably, a fraction of us wouldn't have done if we hadn't got the shoes now).

This all seems like a JB gamble, and of course it is dependent on the shoe actually being able to sell itself at some point, but I think it was a great marketing scheme--one that will ultimately earn JB more money off the XX2's than they lost today and would have earned otherwise. You can mathematically predict based on past data if it really "worked," and of course it can't be exact, but I have a strong feeling it did work. Just think of it like a quasi-free sample. My conclusion is that the "glitch" was no accident. They will say it was, of course, but that adds to the fun of it. The consumers will feel like they got a bigger gain this way and they'll be happier, more loyal, and more prone to check niketown.com for every release to come, at least until they forget.

Perfectly said Beats05. Perfectly.
Sure some stupid teenagers are gonna call it a "glitch" 'cause it makes it a story. A promo is not a story. It's just a plain old promo.
What do 85% of all teenagers do? Exactly what the other 15% do. Just like you said, alot of people copped today who maybe wouldn't have normally. That means when they start rockin' em, so will everyone else... at $180.

-Casey

IIIInteresting, I didn't even hear about the "glitch" wish I would have, but I copped three pairs total, not because of hype but because I am one of the few people that like them, and yes two of the pairs are the B-Balls(one size 5 for my son).
Don't quote me boy, I aint said shhh

A very educated response Beats05.

I find it very difficult to believe a "glitch" happened. 175...125...thats NOT a type by any means.
WANTED - FULL LENGTH ZOOM INSOLE SZ 12 OR 13. PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

i just cant get into the look of them. to be truthful the basketball ones really look horrible to me

cant wait to et mine from UTA on wed
TEAMAMFAM​
Team Bay Area​
BOTTLES OF THAT 18MODELS OVER 18ALL GOIN 18​

Beats05 is right on,and owned my previous post,lol. and i think sellin it at 125,they make as much money as they would sellin it to retailers. like lets say they sell to footlocker for 100,and it cost them 50 to produce,so they make 50 profit.but sellin it directly on their site for 125,the make 75 bucks profit,since there is no middle man.
______
WE GROWN.

Quote:
I really wonder about the "glitch." Sure you want to believe that Nike is such a huge company and that they have so much going on that something like this could just "slip through the cracks." But you also have to consider that the Jordan XX2 is a HUGE release for them, especially on All-Star Weekend and MJ's birthday. Everyone saw how detailed the graphics and ads were; isn't it plausible that things were double and triple checked to make sure nothing was screwed up?

These supposed "Team Economics" dudes should know what I'm talking about. It's called reference dependent preferences (basic Behaviorial Economics, Kahneman and Tversky). Nike set our reference points at $175 for the shoe. Therefor, by reducing the price so much, disguising it as a "glitch" would make it seem like a big gain for us consumers. The result would be what happened--more people bought the shoe than what would have been. They have smart forecasters over at JB and they probably predicted that the shoe would not sell out and would eventually go on sale. But stay with me, I think I'm doing more than stating the obvious.

So when people get through for the few hours and get the shoe, not only does JB sell a huge stock that probably would have went on sale anyway and sold for that much a few months from now, they did two more things. One, for the people that missed out, JB raised their expectations of getting the shoe, creating an "attachment effect" which will increase people's interest and willingness to pay for the shoe (this effect is laboratory tested and car salesmen do it all the time). This will presumably create more sales. Second, they got some free advertising. Us who bought the shoes, who wouldn't have bought them before, will now have them to show to our friends and family, who presumably could become more interested and buy them when they wouldn't have before. We also might become attached to the XX2 model, buying other colors that come out (which presumably, a fraction of us wouldn't have done if we hadn't got the shoes now).

This all seems like a JB gamble, and of course it is dependent on the shoe actually being able to sell itself at some point, but I think it was a great marketing scheme--one that will ultimately earn JB more money off the XX2's than they lost today and would have earned otherwise. You can mathematically predict based on past data if it really "worked," and of course it can't be exact, but I have a strong feeling it did work. Just think of it like a quasi-free sample. My conclusion is that the "glitch" was no accident. They will say it was, of course, but that adds to the fun of it. The consumers will feel like they got a bigger gain this way and they'll be happier, more loyal, and more prone to check niketown.com for every release to come, at least until they forget.
PISSEDflintgrey - team am [email protected]/flintgreynt

Quote:
That is sound and all, but here is my argument to that....if I was a retailer like FNL/FTL/Champs/FA/whatever, I would be PISSED if JB/Nike did a promo like that. Sure, JB/Nike would make a killing doing so, but what about the retailers who are selling the shoe as well? Have all of them sell at retail while the manufacturer sells at discount?

You stopped too soon in your reasoning. The "attachment effect" to not only this model and the colors that will come out doesn't stop at NDC--it goes to those retailers you mentioned as well. If someone thought they were really going to get the XX2's for $125 and got so used to the idea of owning the shoe that they went ahead and bought it anyway, then presumably they might/could/would walk into Footlocker and buy them. Or for the people who did get the shoe and got attached, wanting to buy the future colors, presumably they could, would, and might do it at one of those specific retailers. When JB advertises, it doesn't just help them directly even with stunts like this--this was just a small, couple hour ripple in the ocean of retailers out there who will feel the results of the marketing ploy.

You can also take a different approach that JB was just being shady--say they are pushing this thing as a glitch even to retailers: retailers can't get mad. But realistically--it was only for a few hours and many people around the globe didn't even know, so it couldn't have hurt any retailers profit too much or even helped JB's profit too much. Like everyone is saying anyway, most of the people who bought the shoes would NOT have bought them if the "glitch" didn't occur--therefor they wouldn't have bought them from the retailers either. BUT the marketing effect for the next colors, or for late customers who now just got convinced to buy the shoes would presumably be distributed equally to both JB and retailers since they're charging the same price now.

But I can't keep replying to posts so sorry to anyone who wants to get an argument going...midterms=shouldn't be here. Anyway, it's just a theory that can't really be proven either way...just thought I'd give an alternate perspective since no one before me questioned the alleged ndc "error"

and btw, since this post appeared on p27, Flint Grey I replied to your post in the last slot on p26

I love my XXII's, I'll always be a fan of the Air Jordan line. It's the feeling.......

Beats05, that was well thought out, and definately an educated opinion on what JB may have been thinking. But this is JB. I don't believe they ever assume any of their final products are not going to sell well. In fact even if the product is hideous they know people are going to buy it, just because of the name alone. If this was say the fourth or fifth colorway in the line and the previous colorways had not sold well, then I would probably agree with you 100%. But these are the first two colorways of the shoe, and I think when JB releases a product they have high faith in the product selling well. So that is why I think the "glitch" may have been more of a birthday sale/customer appreciation type deal.

Back
Top Bottom