***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

gahh man props for doing this! along with the pics will you give us any info like the limitedness or likely release date?

^ I hope I remember LOL. I'm getting old (27yrs old) so I'm losing my memory ( why God why?).

CAN WE PLEASE STOP CALLING THE WHITE/BLACK/RED XXIII THE 'ALLSTARS'??!!?!

PLEASE??

People kept PMing me if I was planning on getting the All Stars and if I had seen the All Stars and 'All Star' this and 'All Star' that, and Ijust kept replying back that I have not seen the All Stars and that I have no idea what colorway they'll be.

Then I found out that the white/black/red ones are the All Stars.

That... is COMPLETELY... ******ED.

Is someone WEARING them in the All Star game? We don't know. They're definitely not made to MATCH the All Star jerseys, so what the heck, man?"Ska, they RELEASE on All Star weekend."
indifferent.gif

So if any LeBrons/Kobe/Jordans release during the NBA Finals, we should call them the 'Finals Kobe IIIs' or the 'Finals XXIIIs' or the'Finals LeBron IVs'?!

Or better yet, if any of them release during the Western Conference Finals or the Eastern Conference Finals, we can call them by THAT event. "Hey, son...you get the Eastern Conference Finals LeBron IVs? Joints is hot, man. Don't sleep."

Then your boy can respond back, "Nah, I didn't pick up those Eastern Conference Finals LeBron IVs, because I already told you, I went and got thoseWestern Conference Semifinals Game 4 XXIIIs, and next week I'm getting those Eastern Conference First Round Game 2 Kobes. And I already got the All StarXXIIIs, so I'm broke."

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
@ the ******ed nicknames you guys slap on stuff

They're the white/black/reds. How hard is that?

"But ska, it's fine to type 'white/black/red', but it's easier to just SAY 'All Stars' when you're talking in person."

No it's not. Watch. Say this: "I would like the All Star XXIIIs."

Now say this: "I would like the white, black, and red XXIIIs."

Not that difficult. And consider that THIS mmost likely will happen in person: "I would like the All Star XXIIIs."
"What are those?"
"You know... the All Stars. The white, black, and red one."

See? You should have said that in the first place.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

People kept PMing me if I was planning on getting the All Stars and if I had seen the All Stars and 'All Star' this and 'All Star' that, and I just kept replying back that I have not seen the All Stars and that I have no idea what colorway they'll be.

Then I fond out that the white/black/red ones are the All Stars.

he realize what they were talking talking about

I don't want to play no one I'll just think(my opinion that the all star 23's are a good nickname for the white,black and red ones because we knowthe 23's came only in 2008 and in the times of the all stars just my opinion though

^ So you picking up those Eastern Conference Semifinals Kobe IIIs? Don't sleep; they're going to be hot.
fireflyandfia:
its funny how you just realize that the all stars is a nickname for the white black and red ones
roll.gif

It's funny how I never said I just realized what they were.
roll.gif

Because... I have known about the nickname for awhile. Nowhere in my reply did I say that I just now realized what they were.

I said that people were PMing me asking me about 'All Stars' (which could have been last year), and I had no clue what they were, and then I realizedwhat they were (which also could have been last year).

I get what u mean but its what the majority thinks u know and i know its has no description of the colorway but when someone says the allstar 23's that isthe colorway I get in my brain sorry

The majority?

Or the majority on NikeTalk?

Actually, the majority on NikeTalk in the Jordan forum.

You don't believe it's just a ******ed Jordan Forum nickname? Go to the General forum and make a post about how you're saving up to get the AllStar XXIIIs, or try it in the Sports forum.

You don't believe it's just a certain few people on NikeTalk? Go to a store and ask them if they're getting the All Star XXIIIs, and don't EVERexplain to them that you're talking about the white/black/red pair. Just keep repeating it, "You now... the All Stars."
"Which ones are those?"
"Man, the All Stars. Are you guys getting 'em?"
"I'm sorry... what are the All Star XXIIIs?"
"Man... the ALL STARS!! You should know, becuase a majority of people know what they are! The All Stars, maann!!"

Try it.

Let me know how it goes.

It's a ******ed nickname.

They're the white/black/reds.

Originally Posted by fireflyandfia

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

People kept PMing me if I was planning on getting the All Stars and if I had seen the All Stars and 'All Star' this and 'All Star' that, and I just kept replying back that I have not seen the All Stars and that I have no idea what colorway they'll be.

Then I fond out that the white/black/red ones are the All Stars.

he realize what they were talking talking about
Dude, I know what I'm talking about because I'm the one that cleared everything up for SKA when he asked me through PM

that what did everyone mean about the "All-Stars". And that was some time now. So I know what I'm talking about

I know exactly what u mean if they released the spacejams tomorrow and I ask someone that works at the store Can I have the spacejams they wouldn't have aclue what im talking about unlesss they are a niketalker same would be if i asked for a pair of all star 23's he would know what the 23's are and mighthave clue what im talking about, but this all star nickname in the forums has been going foooor a whiille then u come out in BIG LETTERS NOT TO CALL THEM ALLSTARS BUT THE WHITE BLACK AND RED ONES is funny though
roll.gif

is it really that big of a deal if someone says "all stars" or if someone says "white/black/red"? just chill and let people choose whateverthey wanna call em. i use "all star" because its easier to type up than white/black/red. but if im talking to someone who might not know alot aboutJordan then ill say white/black/red.

no ska, i don't think its a retarted nickname NT made up. it makes sense because they are coming out all star weekend and there really isn't anothersuitable nickname for them that i can think off the top of my head.

^^^^Thanks heat23. I am excited about the new cw! Dont get me wrong, the first three cw's are nice but I think JB can do better. Not to mention I cantunderstand why they used white patent leather of all leathers on the allstar cw. Bring on the yellowing. Is there anyway to prevent yellowing on white patentleather? Or are you just screwed if thats your favorite cw?

yo, i saw the dvd in the xxiii. They kept on showing a pair of white/red. Does anyone have any information on these shoes. What is the release dates onthese???? I think they are smokin'

Dude chill, "all stars" are a just nickname for the shoe-- seems like you have a lot of frustration inside you-- relax man, just sneakers
smile.gif

It was only a matter of time before one of the XX3's got dubbed with a stupid nickname.

I blame the Dunk movement on stupid nicknames, honestly. It just seems like younger members need something to call them by. I guess I'm just getting old,because I've always used the colorway to describe a shoe. This sounds funny, but when I see people using one of the dumb nicknames, I think it's a signof disrespect. I've also found a correlation to nicknames and young members. Mainly younger kids, teenagers and people who haven't been around the shoehobby for a long time. It's very rare that you'll hear an og shoe collector use "breds", "playoffs", "last shots","all stars", "nubucks" to describe a shoe.

New question: Aside from the five color schemes we already know about, will there be additional XX3 mids to come out through the year?

Personally I hope (I don't think they're doing it anyway) that we won't see a XX3 PE. I never agreed with the XVIII.5, XIX, XX1 and XX2 PE's,it's like an insult to the original design.

I really like the White/Black/Varsity Red colorway but after dropping $230 on the Titaniums, that's pushing it as far as my sneaker budget.

It's really too bad they didn't use the same "MJ" argyle pattern as they did on the Titaniums since these will be slightlylimited.

I'm really excited to play basketball in a pair of these. Unfortunately I think the Titanium color is the best colorway and I'm disappointed thatthere's no way in hell I can afford to play basketball in those.

Back
Top Bottom