***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

Is the DVD coming with all XX3's, or was it just with the limited ones that just released?

Sorry if has already been asked.

^ #1- You didn't read everything going into the discussion before posting. I never said I didn't understand where the nickname came from. Matter of fact, I clearly stated in my very first post on the matter that I am fully cognizant of the name's origin. I understand that the name is coming from the release date. But if a new Kobe III colorway released during the NBA Finals, we would not call them the 'Finals Kobe IIIs'. I already said this.

But multiple Air Jordans were dubbed "playoffs"

#2- No, the name is not coming from any sources; it was made up. Even in the quote you posted, NOWHERE does it mention 'All Star XXIIIs'. It mentions a white/black/red pair. That's it. And that's all the sources ever did. I read this place plenty, and I have never read a source call them All Star XXIIIs; that's something you guys made up.

Nowhere? I think you should read again.
Continuing our coverage of the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference, we take a close look at the Limited All-Star White/Black/Red "All-Star" colorway of the Air Jordan XX3. During the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference Tinker Hatfield spoke on Michael Jordan's involvement within the design process of the XX3. Tinker noted that although Michael does not spend as much physical time with Tinker as he used to, MJ's experience, knowledge, and wisdom have grown exponentially over the years and the time that he does spend with Tinker is much more poignant. With this being said, Tinker explained that Michael Jordan spent the most time with White/Black/Red colorway of the Air Jordan XX3 and that the color blocking and color choice were Michael's.

And I think you guys are fussing too much about this nick-name stuff. If people want to call certain shoes certain nick names, then so be it. Don't mindthem.
ohwell.gif
It's weird how people can get so flustered about onelittle thing

^ SMH at the group of BASKETBALL players acting like they're in the new godfather movie. Putting on big, badly tailored suits doesn't make you agangster. Neither does putting an orange ball into a little hoop. Let's calm it down, J brand.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by 213ws

Security at the Galleria Mall in Houston, TX hasn't been very understanding with the upcoming release of the Air Jordan XX3. They will not allow any lineups in store and the thought of a crowd outside each door has raised serious concerns over public safety.

Kickz will be doing the release in a way as fair as possible, giving EVERYONE the chance to get a pair of the upcoming Air Jordan XX3. Online at ? you can register for the lottery specifying your size. Winners will be randomly drawn tomorrow morning and will be contacted. Limit 1 entry per person - anyone who enters more than once will be removed from the drawing.

That is partially true. If you live in Houston, go to Kickz at Galleria Mall by 8 pm tonight. You have to fill out a form there. The drawing will take place tonight so there won't be chaos waiting there in the morning. You can only fill the form out IN-STORE.....there is no online form.

There was an online form actually at kickzhtown.com. The drawing was done from those who filled out the form in store as well as online. All water underthe bridge at this point, but it was nice to see Kickz do the raffle by size so that people got their size rather than another pair to resell.

SMH at the group of BASKETBALL players acting like they're in the new godfather movie. Putting on big, badly tailored suits doesn't make you a gangster. Neither does putting an orange ball into a little hoop. Let's calm it down, J brand.
you need to calm down, its called marketting.

#1- You didn't read everything going into the discussion before posting. I never said I didn't understand where the nickname came from. Matter of fact, I clearly stated in my very first post on the matter that I am fully cognizant of the name's origin. I understand that the name is coming from the release date. But if a new Kobe III colorway released during the NBA Finals, we would not call them the 'Finals Kobe IIIs'. I already said this.
Apocalypz:
But multiple Air Jordans were dubbed "playoffs"

And the nickname 'playoffs' is ******ed, too... because he didn't wear just one thing. For example, he wore black/red XIIsand black/white XIIs in the '96 playoffs, but you guys that use nicknames only refer to the black/white ones as the playoffs, and you refer to theblack/red ones as... black/red (or... 'bred'
sick.gif
).

Like ijapino mentioned, this whole 'nicknaming shoes' just started in the last few years, and he'sprobably right in thinking it all started with the sudden emergence of Dunks a few years ago (with nicknames like 'Pigeons' and 'Easters' andwhat not).

But if we're going to use nicknames, why can't we either A) stick to the words on the box (lightning XVIIs, concord XIs, titanium XXIIIs, military IVs,carmine VIs, etc.), or B) what the shoe was actually used for (olympic VIs, and really can't think of another example), or C) just not use one? Whycan't it just be like that?

Because remember, the whole reason I first said something is because there has actually been CONFUSION caused by this nickname, and the reason you guys usenicknames is to make things less confusing.
#2- No, the name is not coming from any sources; it was made up. Even in the quote you posted, NOWHERE does it mention 'All Star XXIIIs'. It mentions a white/black/red pair. That's it. And that's all the sources ever did. I read this place plenty, and I have never read a source call them All Star XXIIIs; that's something you guys made up.
Apocalypz:
Nowhere? I think you should read again.
Continuing our coverage of the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference, we take a close look at the Limited All-Star White/Black/Red "All-Star" colorway of the Air Jordan XX3. During the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference Tinker Hatfield spoke on Michael Jordan's involvement within the design process of the XX3. Tinker noted that although Michael does not spend as much physical time with Tinker as he used to, MJ's experience, knowledge, and wisdom have grown exponentially over the years and the time that he does spend with Tinker is much more poignant. With this being said, Tinker explained that Michael Jordan spent the most time with White/Black/Red colorway of the Air Jordan XX3 and that the color blocking and color choice were Michael's.

And I edited my previous reply to show that I was wrong. I missed that part you underlined and bolded, and I apologized to SkyLarkster in my previous reply. My fault, and thank you for pointing that out

Does anyone know if they plan on releasing any more, slightly less loud apparel for these? There seems to be less apparel for these than most new Jordans, andthe existing stuff leaves a lot to be desired. The stuff they have out now is almost exclusively all-over print and none of it really suits my taste. Maybejust a simple logo (the 23 with the circle around it and the XX# Jordan script or something)?

Tinker and Gentry I hope yall are looking at this site.
Yall being all aristocratic and dont give everybody a chance to get the shoes
and now cats about to shoot their monitors and fight their keyboards.

This is the most tension I have seen on NT University in a while.
Im pissed too, but yall cats chill. Its gonna be better for us next go round.
Pretty sure they got some tricks up their swooshes to get our money,
and I am all for it. Give me 2 all stars, 2 stealths, 4 cool greys.
The 24s, 25s, 26s, countdowns, backpacks, socks. You name it I will buy it.
Got a son so the legacy of buying Js in my family wont stop
until they stop making them.

I dont like what they did, but I can respect it from a business standpoint.
This is just Nikes way of tellin Reebok and everybody else to give them 50feet.
No matter what Wall Street says, everybody in the shoe game knows that
Nike and JB got this thang on lock.

***On a side note. Did yall cats know that the first run of AJs back in '85 cost
Phil Knight $10million? All he wanted to do was make his money back.
Well what he made was $150million, and the rest is history, or should I say the present.***

I don't like hearing/reading "breds", "playoffs", "all-stars", etc, but it never got to a point where I had to post about theissue. I don't mind the black cats, pures, space jams, concords, carmines, etc. How about black toes?

i like the 23s and want to get a pair but havent been in love with any of the color ways ive seen so far

has there been pics of the White/Stealth/Black that release in april??
or even the White/Metallic Silver-Anthracite from June?

It's the resellers going nuts / stores mishandling the release and shady lists and raffles...not JB.

JB/Nike get money for the pairs that are ordered...whatever beyond that is not in their control, so why are you guys going so hard at Tinker / Gentry?

You act like JB is making stores charge more than MSRP or knocking up ebay resell prices...they don't make any extra money off those things...

Complain to them about colourways and quality, but this whole thing is because of shady stores doing shady business and resellers...both of which have beencomponents of this business for a long time now so nothing is really new.

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

^ SMH at the group of BASKETBALL players acting like they're in the new godfather movie. Putting on big, badly tailored suits doesn't make you a gangster. Neither does putting an orange ball into a little hoop. Let's calm it down, J brand.

...someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

i actually think the picture looks cool

Are we really going to waste pages of bandwidth arguing about shoe nicknames? It's not that serious. If youdon't agree with some of the nicknames, just ignore them and use your own description when you post. Yes, some of the names are rather foolish, but surelyit can't warrant all this e-bickering can it?

And as far as the white/stealth-black and the white/metallic silver-anthracite colorways, I'd bet money at least oneof those (likely the white/stealth ones) were the basis for Litesole's scan since it obviously wasn't the Stea...umm...black/white-stealth-varsity redXX3's.

Originally Posted by blco02

Are any stores receiving the White/Black/Red XX3's yet?
I would say give it less then 2 weeks or even a week and mom and pop shops should have the shoe.

Does anyone have any pictures of these????

04/05/2008 Air Jordan XX3
318376-102 White/Stealth/Black
$185

certain people should be setting the example, not missleading. like i said b4, who cares. i mean c'mon, people arguing about a nick name.
im sticking to calling them the "new jordans"

The more I see & hear gentry field these soft questions, the more I want to hear him get asked a real question, like:

"speaking of Inspiration, what in the world inpsires you to release horrible colorways that sit on clearance racks just ruining the image of theshoes?"

never wear them:
certain people should be setting the example, not missleading.
= 'Mods aren't allowed to argue', right?
laugh.gif

It's a message board, man; what else is there to do besides discuss things?
nerd.gif
As long as it's done respectfully and with the rules of the board in mind, then an example IS being set.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Are we really going to waste pages of bandwidth arguing about shoe nicknames? It's not that serious. If you don't agree with some of the nicknames, just ignore them and use your own description when you post. Yes, some of the names are rather foolish, but surely it can't warrant all this e-bickering can it?

And as far as the white/stealth-black and the white/metallic silver-anthracite colorways, I'd bet money at least one of those (likely the white/stealth ones) were the basis for Litesole's scan since it obviously wasn't the Stea...umm...black/white-stealth-varsity red XX3's.

Good observation, either that or they were a scan of just some samples. The scan has the same stitching as the black/red shoe, which is my favorite of thethree stitching styles, and I would hope that it's red seeing as how both colors sound bland as is. C'mon red stitching....
grin.gif

For those thinking I was too harsh making fun of the "gangsta" picture with all the basketball players, let me put it another way - I loved most ofthe J commercials from when he was playing. They were silly, funny, cool, and something to look forward to. Somewhere after J retired, Nike has decided thatall the commercials and marketing for the shoe line should be this solemn, serious thing, and I think it's stupid.

pg2_jordan_200.jpg

That pic sums it up. First off, Mike's wearing a suit that's too big, with lapels and collars wide enough to be worn in the 1970. At least get him anoutfit that looks good, not something I can throw down at the corner store for a 100 suit sale Secondly, and more importantly - He's holding the shoe! He's not wearing it, he's holding it, acting like he's giving this gift of a shoe to mankind,showing it off like it's his kid.

I just think the J brand is taking themselves too seriously. Basketball is fun, man, it's a sport and it's a distraction. I don't take my shoes outof a locked briefcase, and I don't want them priced that way, or marketed like that either. Maybe it's just me, but you'd think what with usingkids to make the shoes in third world countries, J brand could get these prices down a little. I mean, why bother making them like that if they're gonnacost 200 bucks a pair? It's not like the money is going to labor!

By the way, I think the same applies to the LeBron commericals from this year too, starting from the terrible narration ("You don't want to be LeBronJames. I'm just one man." <---- WHAT?!?!? EVERYONE IS ONE MAN!! YOU CAN'T BE MORE THAN ONE PERSON! Whofailed out of English class and was hired to write that crap?) on through whole ad.

Originally Posted by PAsSback

The white/stealth sounds very promising...

dont let the colorway fool u...

Look at other J's with jus white/grey/black as the main colorway...III, IV...
As long as they use a lot of stealth and black and not jus an all white shoe with accents

We will soon know! I will have the pix for the

04/05/2008 Air Jordan XX3
318376-102 White/Stealth/Black
$185

In a few days fellas!

Back
Top Bottom