Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Forgive me if this has already been discussed...I haven't been able to catch up on the entire thread....

How is it that for Nike's flagship shoe in their flagship line (JB) doesn't have an air sole in the heel?  Doesn't that undermine air technology, which they've been marketing as the best tech?  Not to mention that Jordan and Air are really what helped take the brand to the top originally.  If their flagship high performance shoe doesn't have air, why would anyone believe that Air tech is good for any performance shoe?  It just seems so bizarre to me.

I'm waiting for my blackouts to come, but curious to see how comfortable they'll be....I haven't worn a shoe without air since '87!

Cheers.

^slow down man, there IS air in the shoe, the forefoot. This outcry is similar to what happened when the XX dropped. $175 retail for a shoe that highlighted dense foam pods and a small heel Air unit. Still performed well, which is what matters.

Last edited:
^slow down man, there IS air in the shoe, the forefoot. This outcry is similar to what happened when the XX dropped. $175 retail for a shoe that highlighted dense foam pods. Still performed well, which is what matters.

I thought the 20's had zoom air in the IPS pods...:nerd:

I could be wrong though

Yes, there's zoom air in the forefoot, however, not being in the heel seems like a huge statement from Nike that max performance in heel cushioning doesn't utilize their air tech.

I have the 28's and the 29's and I cannot tell a difference in terms of heel cushioning, but I wear orthodics though so I mostly land directly on the forefoot.

Does anybody have pics of the dark grey/gym red pair that releases on the 10th and the white/black pair that releases on the 17th?

Forgive me if this has already been discussed...I haven't been able to catch up on the entire thread....

How is it that for Nike's flagship shoe in their flagship line (JB) doesn't have an air sole in the heel?  Doesn't that undermine air technology, which they've been marketing as the best tech?  Not to mention that Jordan and Air are really what helped take the brand to the top originally.  If their flagship high performance shoe doesn't have air, why would anyone believe that Air tech is good for any performance shoe?  It just seems so bizarre to me.

I'm waiting for my blackouts to come, but curious to see how comfortable they'll be....I haven't worn a shoe without air since '87!

You've missed out on a lot of tech

You've missed out on a lot of tech
Ok, so maybe I exaggerated...I've had a pair of Pumas....not cushy to walk in.  A pair of Uggs....not a soft ride.  A pair of Lunargrand dress shoes....most comfortable dress shoes, even more so than my Nike Air Cole Haans....But overall, a full air unit in the heel is the most comfortable, whether Jordans or Air Maxes from the 1 to the 360.  Phylon has been used for what, 30 years?  I don't think I've missed out on anything.  I think they're demonstrating that their highest performance shoe doesn't have an air unit in the heel, and that diminishes the Air branding.

really considering dropping less than $150 for the patone xx9's. since the blackouts can be had for around 150...there's gotta be someone out there just wanting to give these away.

Last edited:
^^^ i got a pair of the GOF XX9s for 150 shipped, so they're definitely available in that price range. won't find a better performance shoe, esp at the 150 price range, these days.

Youve got them at $140, $140+15 shipping! :\

Just left the Pantone thread, looks like at least one person who got the pack and really cant afford to keep both shoes would rather return them than sell the xx9 for too low.

Their bad, but get the xx9 while the gettings good and before they send pack their packs that they cant keep! :lol:

I was able i sell my Pantone XI for $550 local last night and got to keep the XX9 free...

Wore them to play in last night. They're pretty nice.

@pwguy

The kids now adays could care less as to what tech is in a shoe and Nike/JB knows it. Gut the heel air , raise the price and the shoes still sell. This has been discussed at length. I be been buying and playing in Jordan's since 1988 so I am too old to fall for the hype shenanigans Bottom line is profits not performance no matter how they want to spin it

Youve got them at $140, $140+15 shipping! :\

Just left the Pantone thread, looks like at least one person who got the pack and really cant afford to keep both shoes would rather return them than sell the xx9 for too low.

Their bad, but get the xx9 while the gettings good and before they send pack their packs that they cant keep! :lol:

$140 shipped! Lol

Blackouts and the white/blacks were on sale for $175 at Niketown Seattle.
Now they just need to put them on sale on NDC.  I have a couple of vouchers from the XX8's I want to use but Im not using $225 on these.

Back
Top Bottom