Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Man, I can't stop looking at the Westbrook colorway. These are soo dope.

Such a clean and simple sneaker with a dope silhouette that could be rocked with so many different fits.

They're also embued with a evolved flight plate system that's more casually friendly than the xx8.

I love that I will be getting my money's worth with these since I can use them on and off the court.

Hopefully y'all ****** won't change your option by the time release date comes. These are a must have for me.

The Air Jordan XX9, inspired by the abundant left over material from the Jordan Club 90...View media item 929348

Damn, I haven't been excited about a flagship model since the XX, I wanted to be excited for these. They fell flat.

Come on, let's be real. There's one colorway that bares a resemblance to those. That's where the similarities end. Weak comparison.

Every time the new legacy model drops, dudes act like they forget that it's performance first, design second.

The only thing I'm not understanding about these, is somewhere I read them touting the fact the Flight Plate has been adjusted to avoid popping Zoom bubbles. To me, that's something that should've been taken care of from the jump, before the tech ever hit the market back on the XX8 and the models that followed.

Last edited:
Man, I can't stop looking at the Westbrook colorway. These are soo dope.

Such a clean and simple sneaker with a dope silhouette that could be rocked with so many different fits.

They're also embued with a evolved flight plate system that's more casually friendly than the xx8.

I love that I will be getting my money's worth with these since I can use them on and off the court.

Hopefully y'all ****** won't change your option by the time release date comes. These are a must have for me.

This. I bought the 2012s (grey/volt) because I got a good deal on them and I hadn't bought a sig since the XX. These XX9s have me feeling like a kid again anticipating their release, so far I'm really liking just about every CW.

That Westbrook color way is cool, but that unc color way is fire. Made me change my mind on that design.

Want to see more colors of the giant jumpman version

I think the shoe will work it's way out looks wise. I'm more excited for the tech. I just don't understand WHY, if they could make anything on the shoe, they would make the first two CWs so stupid. Just make a white one and a black one to start. The elephant all over and fat contrast lines make it look cheap. keep it simple.

This video had some cool stuff in it on the tech, and the woven jordan poster at 17:33

Seeing that they can graphically make the upper look like what they want I see an XI type pair coming. After looking at them more this weekend twy are growing on me.

I was looking at the pics again to find any redeeming features besides the sole and what really got to me was the lack of carbon fiber. I guess they had to cut costs somewhere since they're taking in $25 less than the XX8s. No wonder they scrapped the leather idea.

I'd head off to ebay to score some more XX8s but I don't want to take the risk of zoom bags popping especially since the 2 year mark  is approaching. Still don't understand how it passed the testing that way. I've been buying sneakers since the mid 90s and have never come across a durability issue before. Shame, the xx8 was an otherwise excellent shoe

Last edited:
I was looking at the pics again to find any redeeming features besides the sole and what really got to me was the lack of carbon fiber. I guess they had to cut costs somewhere since they're taking in $25 less than the XX8s. No wonder they scrapped the leather idea.
I'd head off to ebay to score some more XX8s but I don't want to take the risk of zoom bags popping especially since the 2 year mark  is approaching. Still don't understand how it passed the testing that way. I've been buying sneakers since the mid 90s and have never come across a durability issue before. Shame, the xx8 was an otherwise excellent shoe

Exactly. Flight Plate should've been thoroughly wear tested before it ever hit the market on the XX8. Using the upgraded durability as a selling point is pretty laughable really.

Imo Tinker really should have retired at the IVs
wAl1oKQ.gif

:wow: :wow: :wow:

im weak at this gif tho

View media item 930619

lemme preface this statement by saying this is the 1st time i've set foot in this thread to my knowledge. and from what i've just seen, it appears jb is still tryna pass off team jays as sig models with premium prices. no way i'd pay for these. retros or nothing!

Considering that limited numbers are the new "in thing" can we expect these to follow the same trend or more widely available?

View media item 928689

For all you haters...............these are straight fire right here!! Need this CW!!!

Colorway is clearly inspired by the 1999 OG XIV Oxidized Green.

IMG_1414-1024x682.jpg

The problem that I have with the XX9 is that they are a $225 pair of socks. JB is simply cutting production costs by not using leather, and instead using Black Ice to paint detials on mesh that should
be sewn into the shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom