Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

which one would you use for ball? Team orange xx9 or Ferrari 14?
MD I know you weren't asking me, but I would go XX9s for ball.  

However, the 14 is solid hoop shoe.  If you did go for a pair of 14s for ball, I wouldn't recommend the Ferrari pair as it is one piece suede or w/e, instead of how the 14 is normally constructed.

Still waiting for the performance review from Kick Genius.

" TTS "

" FEELS LIKE LEATHER "

" LOVE THE WAY THEY FEEL "

" HEEL NOT AN ISSUE "

pimp.gif

MD I know you weren't asking me, but I would go XX9s for ball.  

However, the 14 is solid hoop shoe.  If you did go for a pair of 14s for ball, I wouldn't recommend the Ferrari pair as it is one piece suede or w/e, instead of how the 14 is normally constructed.
Thank you. I was leaning towards the xx9 just coz it's more updated and suppose to have more technology.
glasses.gif

Held both color ways today. Ok shoes in person. Not sure they are worth 225. Probably just get more xx8 se color ways on sale.....

For anyone who touched the xx9's outsole, how does it feel? Soft rubber like on the translucent outsoles of the xx9 or rather solid like on the 2011, XVI, XI?
If it's soft like on the xx8 they won't survive long on the black top.

will the supply meet the demand ?
don't sleep .....

Well, i guess some who owns the xx8 might be as skeptical as me and wait for 2 months whether the zoom bag issue is returning on these or not.
if this issue is not fixed i won't buy any xx9, even if they are on sale.

Last edited:
The hype will begin when the new colorways drop next month. Those Riverwalks are clean though!

Well, i guess some who owns the xx8 might be as skeptical as me and wait for 2 months whether the zoom bag issue is returning on these or not.
if this issue is not fixed i won't buy any xx9, even if they are on sale.
i have 10+ pairs of the XX8 and no popping issues on any of my pairs 

got lucky i guess

my point is i see all these post about "i'll wait and see"

just don't wait too long or your size will be gone 

^Congrats.

I like the team orange pair more, but I actually find myself kinda liking the team red pair too the more I look at them...  I'd like to see them with some red laces

For anyone who touched the xx9's outsole, how does it feel? Soft rubber like on the translucent outsoles of the xx9 or rather solid like on the 2011, XVI, XI?
If it's soft like on the xx8 they won't survive long on the black top.
expect soft outsoles. these weren't designed for outdoors. 

I think cats are sleeping on these. I always cop online but found myself in the mall on an unrelated to shoes matter. Stopped by Champ, FTL, FL, and FTA. Asked about XX9's for Sat-they looked at me like I just made up a shoe. Asked about Ferraris --the employees lit up like a Xmas tree! "Oh yeah! Raffle this, raffle that" Looks like only 4 FTLs in HTown are getting Team orange. Hopefully I can cop online and stay out of the mall for another 2 years

i have 10+ pairs of the XX8 and no popping issues on any of my pairs 

got lucky i guess

my point is i see all these post about "i'll wait and see"

just don't wait too long or your size will be gone 
Man you've got great luck, did you play in yours?  I used mine exclusively for indoor ball and popped 4 pairs before moving to the Kobe IXs.  I'm not that fat either, so I don't think it's weight (6'1", 185).  It was a damn shame, because I loved the XX8 for ball aside from the zoom durability.  

Regardless, I'll definitely be picking up a pair of XX9s this Saturday at my local HOH (FCFS, no raffle).  I'm hoping that the recessed unlocked zoom in the XX9 solved the popping issues seen in the XX8.  Nike's really good about durability claims, so at the very worst you can get a voucher for what you paid for should things go wrong.

I think only one spot doing FCFS near me on Sat.  may just go check out the mall and see what's available.  Have a feeling folks will be beastin over the Ferraris but who knows.  Should be interesting.

Man you've got great luck, did you play in yours?  I used mine exclusively for indoor ball and popped 4 pairs before moving to the Kobe IXs.  I'm not that fat either, so I don't think it's weight (6'1", 185).  It was a damn shame, because I loved the XX8 for ball aside from the zoom durability.  

Regardless, I'll definitely be picking up a pair of XX9s this Saturday at my local HOH (FCFS, no raffle).  I'm hoping that the recessed unlocked zoom in the XX9 solved the popping issues seen in the XX8.  Nike's really good about durability claims, so at the very worst you can get a voucher for what you paid for should things go wrong.
have worn them all on court for several hours each with no problems

still in shock over the number of NTers that had this problem

as i have said before, we are only a small portion of buyers but a lot had issues ??

im about same size as you and agree that size doesn't matter ( in this case lol )

my area has gotten too crazy on RD so i have been paying a little over retail on last couple of releases

to save the stress and make sure i get mine !

money well spent IMO

good luck on saturday and BE SAFE

Back
Top Bottom