Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I actually like the gym red better than I thought. I like them better than the total orange. Tempted.

Tried these on the other day, There is no ankle support what so ever! The heel cup is an absolute joke as it is basically non existent. I passed on these, 300$ canadian for a flimsy pair of shoes. I loved the look, don't think they have the support Im looking for.

After these Kobe and low top debates, people still talk about ankle support in regards to something being around your ankle :lol:

Tried these on the other day, There is no ankle support what so ever! The heel cup is an absolute joke as it is basically non existent. I passed on these, 300$ canadian for a flimsy pair of shoes. I loved the look, don't think they have the support Im looking for.

If you expected an ankle support on the XX9 like on the Lebron 11 (mids) or Kobe 9 Elites, then you surely won't be happy with them.
Like most Air Jordans, the shoe is designed for the back court player where the focus is on quickness, lightweight.
Air Jordans with really good ankle support like the 8, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 are quite heavy in terms of construct.
The AJ 2012 was a big exception that you have very good ankle support due to the high-cut version of the inner-bootie
combined with the Flywire based shoe.

When you look back at some other Air Jordans like the 7, 14, 15, 2011, they also did not provide good ankle support if you
are planning to be in the zone a lot to fight for rebounds.

But even if the ankle section feels soft, it does not mean that the shoe would lead you to more ankle twisting injuries.
I remember when some teammates of mine criticized my AJ 13's ankle part that it would feel too soft.
But because of the sole design with the pods and the soft midsole, I never had twisted my ankles in them at all
unlike in my Pippen 1, AF Max, Flightposite 1 etc.
Worst shoe ever for causing ankle twisting was the AIR MAX CW (Chris Webber).

If you expected an ankle support on the XX9 like on the Lebron 11 (mids) or Kobe 9 Elites, then you surely won't be happy with them.
Like most Air Jordans, the shoe is designed for the back court player where the focus is on quickness, lightweight.
Air Jordans with really good ankle support like the 8, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 are quite heavy in terms of construct.
The AJ 2012 was a big exception that you have very good ankle support due to the high-cut version of the inner-bootie

When you look back at some other Air Jordans like the 7, 14, 15, 2011, they also did not provide good ankle support if you

But even if the ankle section feels soft, it does not mean that the shoe would lead you to more ankle twisting injuries.
I remember when some teammates of mine criticized my AJ 13's ankle part that it would feel too soft.
But because of the sole design with the pods and the soft midsole, I never had twisted my ankles in them at all
nice explanation

After these Kobe and low top debates, people still talk about ankle support in regards to something being around your ankle
laugh.gif
Exactly what I was thinking...

Exactly what I was thinking...

It's such an old subject that's been proven as well..All that matters is how low you're to the ground and heel containment so your foot doesn't move around. It doesn't matter how high or low the shoe is because it can be rolled either way if fitment is not basketball specific

Last edited:
It's such an old subject that's been proven as well..All that matters is how low you're to the ground and heel containment so your foot doesn't move around. It doesn't matter how high or low the shoe is because it can be rolled either way if fitment is not basketball specific
Boom.  What I've been trying to tell people for a long time.

Just got my XX9's in.
Let me start by saying, I love the look and fit of the upper right out the box.
If u r on the edge I suggest giving them a test run.
Unfortunately since I have flat feet and use orthotics, these are a " No Go " Me..

Just got my XX9's in.
Let me start by saying, I love the look and fit of the upper right out the box.
If u r on the edge I suggest giving them a test run.
Unfortunately since I have flat feet and use orthotics, these are a " No Go " Me..
That's too bad fam...  can you remove the insole or play in a bigger size?  Or is the fit still off?

Yeah very disappointing
Yup, Fits still off.
generally I can only play / rock anything with a removable insole, so I can alter it or maybe something wither their material is very malleable.
Kobe 9' are my go to shoe, Lebron X's also and before the the Hyperdunk 2012.

Both of mine came in today.  The elephant prints aren't nearly as vibrant as they appear online.  I like that.  Not sure which pair I prefer.

I've been waiting since Saturday to receive tracking information from ndc, I'm assuming I'm an oversold victim too. Do they send an email or something stating so?

Last edited:
Anyone seen the XX9 crew/sweatshirt or the XX9 pinnacle gear in person?
i got the warm up suit and crew ( not the pinnacle)

nice style but they run small

TO tee is now up on eastbay

my pair come tomorrow !!

Last edited:
Anyone here else have box damages?? I just got mine an 1hr ago and I called nike and they aren't doing anything about it besides telling you to send

Shoes back for full credit . I know another person with this issue too.. Im having my credit card dispute it

[ATTACHMENT=7849]jordanxx91.jpg (42k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=7850]jordanxx92.jpg (39k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

don't know how to upload pic from desktop if this didn't work

Anyone here else have box damages?? I just got mine an 1hr ago and I called nike and they aren't doing anything about it besides telling you to send

Shoes back for full credit . I know another person with this issue too.. Im having my credit card dispute it

For the box? Seriously?

Got my 2nd pair of team orange today. Im interested to see what other upper design they are gonna use outside of the digital cement print pair and the big jumpman pair. Out of the 7 or so we've seen they've all been one or the other. I hope they don't waste the possibilities of this fly weave on just those 2 uppers.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2 View Post

I disagree with a ton of what you said here. The entire Kobe line is designed for quickness lightweight etc..... and the ankle support is second to none! The Jordan 28 had Carbon fibre heel cups (which was too hard and cut into my ankle) So I don't see why the Jordan 29 didn't have a heel counter like the Kobe 9. Jordan 14s and 15s had awesome ankle support. The 29 felt flimsy throughout. Just standing in them they didn't feel stable, they felt like a rolled ankle waiting to happen. When you try a shoe on an move your ankle around in the direction of rolling it, you get a feel as to weather the shoe catches at all, and I found the 29 invited my foot to easily roll over, where as others such as the Kobe line feel like its design helps prevent the ankle from rolling over. With the 29 material seemingly being super flimsy and next to no ankle counter, it just doesn't seem very protected. And for the record, ankle support doesn't come from the height of a shoe, it comes from the base and the heel counter! Outriggers etc....

After FTL cancelled my team oranges I rushed and ordered the elephant prints. Looks like I got the last one in my size. Excited to play in them.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2 View Post

I disagree with a ton of what you said here. The entire Kobe line is designed for quickness lightweight etc..... and the ankle support is second to none! The Jordan 28 had Carbon fibre heel cups (which was too hard and cut into my ankle) So I don't see why the Jordan 29 didn't have a heel counter like the Kobe 9. Jordan 14s and 15s had awesome ankle support. The 29 felt flimsy throughout. Just standing in them they didn't feel stable, they felt like a rolled ankle waiting to happen. When you try a shoe on an move your ankle around in the direction of rolling it, you get a feel as to weather the shoe catches at all, and I found the 29 invited my foot to easily roll over, where as others such as the Kobe line feel like its design helps prevent the ankle from rolling over. With the 29 material seemingly being super flimsy and next to no ankle counter, it just doesn't seem very protected. And for the record, ankle support doesn't come from the height of a shoe, it comes from the base and the heel counter! Outriggers etc....

Well the air max cw was a big man shoe so... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom