Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Has anyone seen in person or purchased the XX9 woven shorts or warm up pants? I was wondering if the quality justifies the extremely high price.

Has anyone seen in person or purchased the XX9 woven shorts or warm up pants? I was wondering if the quality justifies the extremely high price.
i got the warm up suit

nice style but runs small

the dri fit material gives a tighter fit

pants are cut close the the leg from knee down ?

zipper on legs is longer than normal to make

easier to remove with shoe on

passed on the shorts

Played in them again today. Upper continues to be very comfortable with good ventilation. Tweaked my ankle a little midway through my run. Didn't have my shoes laced tight enough to lock me in. Will continue to monitor if this is a support issue or a user error. Felt jumpman on the sole at the toes again when I started out only took me 5 minutes to tune it out. Cushioning a little better today. Forefoot zoom is still firm and not as bouncy as I hoping for, but slowly breaking in/softening up. So far it's a good setup but not the game changer experience with the XX8s. I'm happy the heel cushioning softened up a little more. I'm a heavy heel striker at times and I didn't have any abnormal heel pain, which is a good sign. Still hoping the cushioning gets better. Traction was once again great. Heel to toe transition continues to be butter smooth.

Just pulled out a pair of XX8 SE all stars (used this pair since they have translucent soles like the team orange xx9s). The rubber on the sole of the XX8s is noticeably thinner and softer. Forefoot zoom bag is also smaller in size. Can't tell if they made it thinner, but the bag is 10-20% narrower and shorter. It appears JB addressed the popping zoom bags by recessing the bags a little more, making them smaller, and making the sole thicker/tougher. This should be good for durability. The trade off is the forefoot zoom is firmer/less bouncy, which is unfortunate.

Will keep playing in these this week and report back how they perform.

Worked out and then played a little in my team oranges yesterday and then got 3hrs of run in today. Fit continues to be awesome and ventilation is good. Still no issues with traction on the courts I use. Again felt the jumpman under the toes for 5-10 min. Strange they would put a hard spot in that part of the sole. Heel to toe transition continues to be great - one of my favorite aspects of these shoes. Cushioning has not change much in the last couple of days. Knees started aching today. Usually the sign of too firm cushioning in the heel for me. If the heel cushioning continues to cause me knee pain, then these are going back to Nike. My black/team red/cements came in today, so I might need to return two pairs of XX9s. Argh.

Got em in yesterday and love 'em.

View media item 1177229
Bought them for casual wear, so no performance review from me. They are a very comfortable shoe.

I'm a swing 13/14, and went with a 13 in these as it's the size I prefer for most Jordans, and the Futures I have are a 14 and fit a bit big and thought due to the quasi-woven upper it might be a similar fit. Actually wished I would have went with a 14, as the toebox was a bit snug for me (and as pictured, I wear all my shoes very loosely unlaced).

Ended up swapping out the insole for a thinner one, and the fit is much better. You can tell these things came out the box ready to hit the court. Still a shoe that'll see plenty of time in the rotation. Very comfy after the insole swap, and still think it's such a clean look. The pattern on the upper has a lot of potential.

#teamorange #teamnoshowsocks #teamskinnyankles #teamlooselaced #teamtoomanyteamhashtags

View media item 1177229
Bought them for casual wear, so no performance review from me. They are a very comfortable shoe.

I'm a swing 13/14, and went with a 13 in these as it's the size I prefer for most Jordans, and the Futures I have are a 14 and fit a bit big and thought due to the quasi-woven upper it might be a similar fit. Actually wished I would have went with a 14, as the toebox was a bit snug for me (and as pictured, I wear all my shoes very loosely unlaced).

Ended up swapping out the insole for a thinner one, and the fit is much better. You can tell these things came out the box ready to hit the court. Still a shoe that'll see plenty of time in the rotation. Very comfy after the insole swap, and still think it's such a clean look. The pattern on the upper has a lot of potential.

#teamorange #teamnoshowsocks #teamskinnyankles #teamlooselaced #teamtoomanyteamhashtags

Man, I missed the boat on these. SMh @S.dubl

Worked out and then played a little in my team oranges yesterday and then got 3hrs of run in today. Fit continues to be awesome and ventilation is good. Still no issues with traction on the courts I use. Again felt the jumpman under the toes for 5-10 min. Strange they would put a hard spot in that part of the sole. Heel to toe transition continues to be great - one of my favorite aspects of these shoes. Cushioning has not change much in the last couple of days. Knees started aching today. Usually the sign of too firm cushioning in the heel for me. If the heel cushioning continues to cause me knee pain, then these are going back to Nike. My black/team red/cements came in today, so I might need to return two pairs of XX9s. Argh.

Well that's one person on here so far that has been affected by the lack of cushioning in the heel. This reminds me of the zoom rookie but in reverse. Those had Heel zoom but nothing in the forefoot

i got the warm up suit
nice style but runs small
the dri fit material gives a tighter fit
pants are cut close the the leg from knee down ?
zipper on legs is longer than normal to make
easier to remove with shoe on
passed on the shorts
thanks for the info big dawg

I thought the warm ups looked a bit "skinny." The cotton/silk sweat shirt and pants is also ridiculous at $400 for the set. JB is getting out of hand with this stuff.

Last edited:

View media item 1177229

i completely agree. received my pair today. one of the best looking shoes so far. i plan to ball in them indoors as they look super sticky

is that really a aj3 retro in that photo?
Looks super deformed.

Yes. It was a brand new pair from finishline. It was my first retro purchase in like 5 years and it will probably be my last cuz of the poor quality. Can't even believe how that messed up front sole got passed quality control. I was able to return them for a refund so it's all good. But all I can do is laugh on how crappy the retro quality has been based on others I've seen on this forum. Now I know why I ve been purchasing newer shoes such as flyknits, Kobe's, etc... The quality is just waaaaaay better and I don't mind paying the price.

Thanks for that. Decided to skip these due to lack of heel zoom. Was kinda regretting it after seeing some of the pics in here but glad I did. Hopefully the XXX will have zoom in the heel.

Thanks for that. Decided to skip these due to lack of heel zoom. Was kinda regretting it after seeing some of the pics in here but glad I did. Hopefully the XXX will have zoom in the heel.

Honestly it isn't a big deal to me or a lot of other players. The midsole foam is softer than a traditional EVA foam and is cored out in the heel. It almost feels like lunarlon/cushlon based foam but less squishy. And a lot of the time I couldn't tell there was a zoom bag in the heel in my xx8's like I could on my zoom kobe 4's. All in all ,If it wasn't a good setup the smooth heel to toe transition it definitely has wouldn't be there.

I'm with a lot of you in that at the price, heel zoom should be there.  But I'm also with @minman88  here, as I feel like zoom in the heel really would not be saving anyone's knees any more than decent EVA.  The midfoot support, shape of the insole and forefoot cushioning would seem to play a bigger part in your knees imo (aside from overall conditioning and just the motions of ball that put stress on your joints regardless of the kicks).

Let me reiterate, I'm not saying heel cushion has no importance, but I don't think it is as crucial as some put it out to be.  When you play you are naturally more on the balls of your feet.  Big men in the low post is an exception, but I still don't think zoom would be of much help there.  If you are landing more on your heels it would actually seem that you'd want something beefier or a little denser than zoom that will continue to absorb that force over time. 

Last edited:
FWIW, here are my comments on the fit of this shoe. I'm generally between a 9.5 and a 10. I tried both on. The 9.5 felt really short. My left big toe was hitting the end of the shoe. I didn't have that problem with the 10. I preferred the snugness of the 9.5, but the length was an issue so the 9.5 was out. The 10 is not really loose, but didn't have the same feel as the 9.5. Still, a very unique feel and a nice fit. I usually wear 10s in Jordan 1s, 3s and 4s. I'm somewhat concerned that these will feel too loose the more I wear them, but so far so good.

FWIW, here are my comments on the fit of this shoe. I'm generally between a 9.5 and a 10. I tried both on. The 9.5 felt really short. My left big toe was hitting the end of the shoe. I didn't have that problem with the 10. I preferred the snugness of the 9.5, but the length was an issue so the 9.5 was out. The 10 is not really loose, but didn't have the same feel as the 9.5. Still, a very unique feel and a nice fit. I usually wear 10s in Jordan 1s, 3s and 4s. I'm somewhat concerned that these will feel too loose the more I wear them, but so far so good.
I was sort of caught in between sizing as well.  I'm an 11-11.5 depending on the shoe.  Doesn't help with a foot on the narrow side.

With these, I did go with the smaller 11 for a closer fit.  I felt they were a little too roomy in the 11.5.  The length isn't ideal, but it is long enough where it shouldn't be an issue.

Needed to take a break from my team oranges. Went back to my XX8 SEs and played in them for 90 min. Forefoot zoom is noticeably squishier in the XX8. Heel zoom is feels good on hard landings. No knee pain. Not as light as the XX9s nor is the ventilation as good. Traction seems about the same between the shoes. Heel to toe is transition is good in the XX8s, but it sure felt like a step down from the excellent heel to toe in the XX9s. Fit in general is better on the XX9s, though I like how the XX8s feel like there is a little more material around the ankle. I'm not sure it is more effective, but it feels nice. Will get back to playing in my XX9s this weekend or early next week.

Needed to take a break from my team oranges. Went back to my XX8 SEs and played in them for 90 min. Forefoot zoom is noticeably squishier in the XX8. Heel zoom is feels good on hard landings. No knee pain. Not as light as the XX9s nor is the ventilation as good. Traction seems about the same between the shoes. Heel to toe is transition is good in the XX8s, but it sure felt like a step down from the excellent heel to toe in the XX9s. Fit in general is better on the XX9s, though I like how the XX8s feel like there is a little more material around the ankle. I'm not sure it is more effective, but it feels nice. Will get back to playing in my XX9s this weekend or early next week.

the less bouncy and more stable feel on the xx9 is probably due by the fact that many pairs of the xx8 had severe durability issues.
less the upper but the sole. This ranges from the very thin outsole and midsole material around the zoombags.
i did not play in my xx8 and yet they show damage after 4 months despite i did not wear them every day.

Back
Top Bottom