Official Air Max 97 Thread

Got confirmation on Mr.Porter!! Has any one ever gotten an order cancelled on them by Mr.Porter after a confirmation??

finished my sole swap, getting a little better at this. suprisingly, straight swaps arent as clean and easy as you would think. 2000 upper atop 2006 midsole. dont know if @incontrastofsin follows this thread, but you were interested in a bit more detail so here goes nothing.

boiling water to melt glue and remove sections. ive done acetone as some have done, but find the acetone can eat away certain materials/finishes, so i wanted to avoid that here with the metallic finish.
dZPBYDzm.jpg

acetone and dremel off any material plus the glue residue thats on there.
0qlCvW4m.jpg

nDiSkrfm.jpg

clean the midsole with acetone and deglazer
K3BlJGXm.jpg

got as much residue off and shaved as much as possible without burning through to the air unit.
jtJPDhVm.jpg

dry fit upper with midsole to see what gaps are there and what, if any portions need to be shaved so they fit as well as they can.
hceRuSWm.jpg

upppers glued to midsole. then have to see what seams need to be tightened up.
LLRE2Lim.jpg

first coat of flat white paint. then 2nd, and 3rd if need be. and dab and stroke with finisher coat.
hufbkGVm.jpg

finished product. finally can wear these again.
MCDm9Z5m.jpg

pics fixed, i think... Thierry Henry Thierry Henry @vig09

Last edited:
yea but why is the price 246 on their site?
to be honest I'm not completely sure I think I read earlier in the thread that the price on there is including "Value Added Tax" which is like a European commission tax added to goods and services, it basically makes up for what they would have charged for shipping because shipping to the US on there is "free". I just bit the bullet cause i had two homies in LA who were gonna make the mission for me to try and find them in stores and I would have slid them some extra moolah on the side for making the move, so it came out to about the same either ways for me!

Every site that released was a cake walk besides NDC if you were on them right at drop. I was able to score on every site I tried (except UI that cancelled).

DSM went fast for big sizes... I had a backdoor to a cart and still missed the 13... probably only 1 pair.... Thankfully Holypopstore shipped my 12... Hope these fit a looser than traditional 97s

Every site that released was a cake walk besides NDC if you were on them right at drop. I was able to score on every site I tried (except UI that cancelled).

DSM was not easy. People must have an instant checkout method. Cause it was gone before i could enter any info

Back
Top Bottom