Official Air Max 97 Thread

Finally, whites come in next week but these are crazy.

IMG_1120.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG

Looking forward to some lace comparison picks. My default is to prefer simple black, however, the red in these is pretty subtle and could look very slick and unique. Thank you in advance for those who make the effort to share pics!

Will the atlantic blues be dropping on any other US websites or in-store? This color and the blacjkneon are the only ones I care about. Haven't been paying much attention to this thread due to interest in everything else! :nerd:

Right, that's what I'm saying. Times have changed, for sure, but not bc undftd somehow created the hype for Nike. That was there way before them. He even said Concords created the hype smh. They'd already moved from Thursday midnight releases to Saturday morning releases at that point bc the midnight crowds were too big. Metallic 5s will always be my favorite sneaker bc my mom went to the midnight release so I could have them for my bday the next day. I was 12 and the only kid in school with them on Friday. 3 of my classes were interrupted by people coming in my class to check them out. Teachers didn't even trip bc they got it. I has the new J's! Hell they checked them out too. Back then you didn't know what they looked like until you saw them. You got in line to buy something at midnight without knowing what it looked like. Concords were literally a decade in on the hype.

The game has changed but that's a product of the internet making reselling an easy come up and social media creating hypebeasts for likes. Undftd didn't create the internet so giving them credit for the current state of the sneaker game is foolish.

Ah yes, the start of the 3M craze with that reflective tongue; my earliest memory of it. Hope you weren't stuntin' on them in Tillman's Corner or Saraland lol.

i think the dude was referring to hype in a streetwear sense and not mainstream sense

i cringe when i say it bc i agree with you guys but maybe he meant influence on "the culture"

Yeah, that's why I said two different generations of hype lol

My point. I was born in 1980 so I totally agree with you dblplay1212 dblplay1212 on Nike being king.

I’m speaking strictly on the current state of sneaker “culture”.

Not us diversified group of old men...but the trendy consumers. That’s where I’m giving undefeated it’s credit because BO KNOWS and lil penny’s doesn’t resonate with them.

A 3 day campout for 97s does.

An NT Seniors Tour? 'Bout to hit 40 this year myself.

We built Undftd, Supreme, etc.

We are the reason they blew up.

now the new generation love it cuz we made it hot

Maybe y'all in big cities. DBplay and I are from the South (Florida and Alabama respectively. He can even play Freebird for you. I mean Lynard Skynard did start in Jax, FL) We were probably a bit slower to catch on to streetwear trend ... lol. I mean some of the stuff is nice, but a majority of it, papi don't mess with. Like that man bag/purse y'all wear up in the city while you're cycling etc, I could never see myself using that. Don't knock others for wearing because it doesn't bother me, but I'd feel strange with that thing on.

On a more thread related note, my white UNDFTDs came in and they're fire.

This is my first '97. Can anyone comment on the PSI of the air bag? I was a bit disappointed with the Neon '95 being too hard. Though they have been softening a big with wear. I like to feel some compression. Maybe they configure it for people 50lbs heavier than me. Would be great to have a tuned air option. The next innovation will be that each customer can adjust the PSI on demand using a link with a smartphone! Last time I had this 360 air sole generation was on a pair of 2003 IDs. Those were super comfy, but the air bag popped (only air bag that I have popped in 25 years). Hope these are as comfortable.

This is my first '97. Can anyone comment on the PSI of the air bag? I was a bit disappointed with the Neon '95 being too hard. Though they have been softening a big with wear. I like to feel some compression. Maybe they configure it for people 50lbs heavier than me. Would be great to have a tuned air option. The next innovation will be that each customer can adjust the PSI on demand using a link with a smartphone! Last time I had this 360 air sole generation was on a pair of 2003 IDs. Those were super comfy, but the air bag popped (only air bag that I have popped in 25 years). Hope these are as comfortable.

Thats a good question....I'd imagine it would be the same psi as the OGs? But I could be wrong. OG's had the 25 psi branding on the outsole but these dont. So....no idea. But they are crazy comfy in my opinion. Both Silvers and Golds have been Go to's. Now excited to rock ABs.

Pop the air bag and put a pressure gauge inside the opening and report back the findings lol.

Kidding aside, I swear one of the newer pairs had the PSI written on the sole and I read the PSI of the older and newer in an article or in this thread prior to the move.

Pop the air bag and put a pressure gauge inside the opening and report back the findings lol.

Kidding aside, I swear one of the newer pairs had the PSI written on the sole and I read the PSI of the older and newer in an article or in this thread prior to the move.

I feel like the Off-Whites probably will have the PSI written since everything else is "LABELED"

SMH at the mailman leaving all my packages outside of my aparatment building. Luckily I live in good neighborhood where people won't take your stuff.

If I had to choose, Blacks over the Whites.

Totally agree, though the whites are growing on me. Between resale prices and white sneaker season being over here in NYC, it's a pass though. Glad I got the blacks. Perfect timing.

Edit: Definitely swapping out the laces with the ones in the lace bag.

Back
Top Bottom