Official Air Max 97 Thread

I say tiffs created the hype. Some say the concords.

Before that...Nike had no stories and nicknames to sell us.

Undftd was holding pop ups. One off releases since the day they opened up.
No offense, but how old are you? There was lines at midnight on Thursday night's I'm the 80s. My mom would go to the midnight release every year the week of the All Star Game to cop the new J's so I'd be the only kid in school with them on Friday. This was 88-90. Saying there was no hype is silly.

And no nicknames? You ever heard of Air Jordan? Bo? Neon Deion?

I have respect for Undftd but you're giving them waaaaaay too much credit. They came around in 2002. Nike was king for 15+ years by that point solely bc of their marketing.

Last edited:
this is bs , i bought the black undefeated yesterday on goat and may possibly get cancelled because prices on them went up and i believe the seller is holding off

Reactions: PJS
nike shipped, st al shipped, undftd restock shipped. Not bad. Sucks for the dude that never ended up sending me his info for a pair for retail .
giphy.gif

Ha ha. I did greatly appreciate your response yesterday; thank you! Got them at 7:03 this morning, so no need to feel bad for me 8)...

Forgot about SNKRS drop, wanted to try for my true size 11 if this 11.5 from undefeated fits too big....oh well

Reactions: PJS
No offense, but how old are you? There was lines at midnight on Thursday night's I'm the 80s. My mom would go to the midnight release every year the week of the All Star Game to cop the new J's so I'd be the only kid in school with them on Friday. This was 88-90. Saying there was no hype is silly.

And no nicknames? You ever heard of Air Jordan? Bo? Neon Deion?

I have respect for Undftd but you're giving them waaaaaay too much credit. They came around in 2002. Nike was king for 15+ years by that point solely bc of their marketing.

Y'all may be talking about two different generations of hype lol. Things have certainly changed a lot in the world since we were younger. About the only thing that touched our feet were Nikes for the most part. Sure, I had a Adidas and few other brand shoes (Diadora, Airwalks, Vision Streetwear, Fila, Ellesse, Reebok etc) but it was literally 90%+ Nike. Hell, I probably one of the few kids that had 15+ pairs of shoes throughout the school year in middle school between Jordan's, Cortezes, Air Maxes, Flight 89s etc. How the buzz is generated may be different, but ... Nike has been king of the hill for a while and way before anyone knew what a smart phone, Twitter, Instagram or Facebook was. We had commercials with Mars Blackmon, "Bo Knows," Agassi etc. lol. Hell, I remember having to open a phone book and call Athlete's Foot trying to track Black Cement 3s and 4s. Other times, I had to beg my parents to drive me around town to see what they had in store.

Damn. just sold mine for $400 locally too. Hope I don't regret it lol
hard to complain about making an easy $200. But if in fact the whites stay an undefeated exclusive they will go much higher than $400 down the road

Back
Top Bottom