Official Air Max 97 Thread

Cuz you have a baby dik
383274483726680064.png

I bought the 1/97's earlier in the week after cashing out a couple of shoes. I did everything I could to buy them at retail, so I can live with paying resale.

$700 probably ain't **** to them.

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

It's a lot of money to me so it's Retail or Bust :nthat:

to be honest with you, i have some pairs i can offload to cover the cost of what i've paid for them, but if i didn't have pairs to offload & sell, i have what people like to call a lot of "disposable income" ...i'm blessed to work for a company where i can approve my own overtime basically & i supervise a large operation, so nobody ever asks why or how i'm working so many hours, example ... last week i worked a 14 hour day, followed by a 20 hour day, followed by another 14 hour day, in just 3 days... i also save a lot, would i have liked to pay retail, of course, but this shoe has been something i've wanted since i saw them design it on round two & i didn't hit on one raffle at all. last year alone i had 20k in overtime, not even adding in my profitsharing & metrics bonus.

It's a matter of principle really. I COULD spend that amount of money on shoes if I wanted to. But then again - is the shoe worth it? It's not something that became rare because of old age but because of artificial limiting. If I liked the shoes and they make them as hard to get as these, they can go **** themselves since there is always an alternative that is at least as good from another brand.

I went through a lot of hassle to get the Zoom Generation last year since it didn't have a wide release in Europe and I love the shoe to death. But if I didn't get it, I'd never in a million years pay more than retail price for shoes that are rare because of corporate bull**** and hype culture.

I get that sentiment but it's kind of closed-minded too. If publicity stunts like that drive people to spend that much cash on shoes it'll come back and affect normal customers too because the brands want that buzz around them. That's why even OG colorways of classic shoes get released in ridiculously low amounts initially. Buying commodities for huge amounts of money hurts consumers because it signals brands that people are into getting screwed over.

I fight with holding the sw’s and elephants, on one hand, the elephants especially, are one of my favorites. On the other hand I like them so much that I haven’t worn them yet cause I don’t want to get them dirty. add the fact that these two combined are worth over a grand Makes it interesting. It’s also the hunt I enjoy.

I just got a pair of Toddler's 1/97 through SNEAKRS.
Why am I buying baby shoes tho.
Because you were successful, was able to cop a wife on a quickstrike release, and copped a baby after taking W on wife release.

Now you need a set of SW97/1 laces, to lace up your baby. Your baby didn’t come with laces........ Nike forgot to put laces in.

It’s a good life.
Not like the rest of us, copping hyped **** and feel hyped as ****. Lmao.

How can people live with dropping $700 on a shoe. Do they convince themselves they bought like 3 kicks instead of one or something? What's the mindset?
Well they could have exchanged $700 for 4500 miles of transportation.

But they ride eco-friendly bicycles, and consume only veggies like SW.

So they don’t need that gas money, they can spend on Air Max 97/1 Sean Wotherspoon.

I fight with holding the sw’s and elephants, on one hand, the elephants especially, are one of my favorites. On the other hand I like them so much that I haven’t worn them yet cause I don’t want to get them dirty. add the fact that these two combined are worth over a grand Makes it interesting. It’s also the hunt I enjoy.
No fighting

Elephant Print all the way.

One of my favorites I wasn’t paying attention.

I got my SWs...they're dope.

Very strange sizing though as they do fit a little long (not as long as some people have said), but they're still narrow. I'd say 1/2 size down maximum. I'm fine with my true size though.

I was so excited for these, but after a family medical emergency, I just chucked these in the corner. Finally had a chance to try them on. Definitely more comfortable than your average AM1.

I hope all is well with your Moms man...Im a sz 14 in everything like you. Would you say 14 is still good for you? Was going to try for a 13 after all of the size down talk.

I get that sentiment but it's kind of closed-minded too. If publicity stunts like that drive people to spend that much cash on shoes it'll come back and affect normal customers too because the brands want that buzz around them. That's why even OG colorways of classic shoes get released in ridiculously low amounts initially. Buying commodities for huge amounts of money hurts consumers because it signals brands that people are into getting screwed over.
I get that but his $700 may be like $70 to you. Really no reason to care what someone else spends. If they have it and it makes them happy, cool. Now if they are missing rent or skipping meals for their kid, that's a different argument.

Back
Top Bottom