Color: Orewood Brown/Rattan-String-Black-Emerald Rise
Style Code: AH8143-100
nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-5.jpg

nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-1.jpg

nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-4.jpg

nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-6.jpg

nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-2.jpg

nike-air-max-plus-97-orewood-brown-ah8143-100-7.jpg

Does anyone have info on whether/when the Smokey Mauve AM97 is dropping in the US? I've missed a couple of chances to buy from an international site, and would rather save the hassle anyway if they are releasing here.
im wondering the same thing. I haven't seen any US sites announce them.

guys we cant have 2018 comfort on 1997 build.

w/ that being said my italy golds are fine.
why? in 1997 it was comfortable, and i don't think the human foot has changed since 1997
i tried a 1999 BW and was able to wear it a little time before it crumbles, and it was way more comfortable than any recent AM1/90/BW

the real question is why Nike can't reproduce 1997's comfort on a 1997 build in 2018? and the answer is either laziness, costs or the fact that sales are already optimal

why? in 1997 it was comfortable, and i don't think the human foot has changed since 1997
i tried a 1999 BW and was able to wear it a little time before it crumbles, and it was way more comfortable than any recent AM1/90/BW

the real question is why Nike can't reproduce 1997's comfort on a 1997 build in 2018? and the answer is either laziness, costs or the fact that sales are already optimal

Profit margins I would imagine. Either that, or the materials they used to use, are not environmentally friendly any more.

I'm afraid to get the AM deluxe that is coming out. I had so many pairs of those since in high school. I thought (and still think in my mind) about how comfortable they were. I am anticipating a stiff shoe with the retro.

They made cell phones in 97 too but they dont work as well as the ones made today. Like anything else with tech involved, shoes have progressed in 20 years.

I hate that Nike is making 500 colorways of this shoe but can’t front. Even though they’ve dropped a few duds, they’ve made a lot of dope colorways. I purchased like 12 diff colorways this past year :smh:

They made cell phones in 97 too but they dont work as well as the ones made today. Like anything else with tech involved, shoes have progressed in 20 years.

Technological innovation has nothing to do because in fhis case there is a downgrade of comfort.
Im not saying give AMs as comfortable as *insert comfortable 2018 nike runners*
Im only saying give us AMs with the same comfort as 20 years ago.

If the comfort would be the same but people somehow changed their mind about the notion of comfort in 20 years you could talk about technological innovation but thats clearly not the case

For example if Nokia or samsjng had to retro their 15 year old phones they wouldnt do it slower or less powerful than the OG, it would be the radical opposite.When you retro something you either do it right, a 1:1 retro in all terms, or you upgrade it. Downgrading in any aspect shouldnt be a choice.

Technological innovation has nothing to do because in fhis case there is a downgrade of comfort.
Im not saying give AMs as comfortable as *insert comfortable 2018 nike runners*
Im only saying give us AMs with the same comfort as 20 years ago.

If the comfort would be the same but people somehow changed their mind about the notion of comfort in 20 years you could talk about technological innovation but thats clearly not the case

For example if Nokia or samsjng had to retro their 15 year old phones they wouldnt do it slower or less powerful than the OG, it would be the radical opposite.When you retro something you either do it right, a 1:1 retro in all terms, or you upgrade it. Downgrading in any aspect shouldnt be a choice.
I get what you're saying. I've un-ds several AM1 from 2003-2004 over the last few years. The biggest difference to me is the width of the shoe and the interior padding on the shoe. The old ones are a good bit wider and have a lot more padding. The sole feels the same but old pairs are more comfy bc the upper is much softer and giving on your foot.

Well there’s an article on sneaker news and it says he’s the least into sneakers outta everyone so basically the Nike designers got to run wild with his pair.
I find this absurd and fk’d up. He’s taking the spot of someone’s who’s actually into kicks and would be a Dream for them. But instead creates this monstrosity that was designed by terrible Nike designers who should of been fired 10 designs ago lol

Need a UK link on those 3m Nike 97 Black/red and sail and also the all over 3m silver bullet copy cats

My jordan 1s, dunk SBs, air max 1s, jordan 3s, and ****ing converse chuck 70s are all more comfortable than my 97s were. But of course, everyone's feet are different.

(cmon though look at that full length air unit! tell me it shouldn't be like walking on a pillow)

some nice cws of 97s available on 18montrose sale:

Air Max 97 Plus in Racer Pink/Hyper Magenta/Total Crimson for £89, sizes uk 9, 9.5 and 10
https://18montrose.com/collections/...agenta-total-crimson-ah8144-600-68nikm3001pnk

Air Max 97 in Obsidian/White/Black for £86, sizes uk 7.5, 8, 8.5 and 11
https://18montrose.com/collections/...obsidian-white-black-921826-402-68nikm2433nvy

Air Max 97 in Cobblestone/White for £86, size uk 9
https://18montrose.com/collections/...air-max-97-in-cobblestone-white-68nikm2430gry

Air Max 97 in Dust/White/Bronze for £72, size us 9 (not sure why this one appears in us on the website?)
https://18montrose.com/collections/...in-dust-white-bronze-921826-200-68nikm2432bei

Back
Top Bottom