Official Air Max 97 Thread

I totally missed on this one.  Seems like all the retailers in Europe were only releasing in-store.  Do you think Nike will have a wider release once the calendar strikes 2017?

Yeah it was all in store only. I'd imagine they'll def do wider releases next year but dunno about bullets, doesn't make sense to do a hyped QS and then just release the same again GR...or maybe it does?

Dunno. Just waiting to see what ghastly ultra moire 97 they come up with...

I can't imagine they won't drop these in the US in 2017 or at least do an online release at some point. I thought I heard rumors of other colorways along with the silver bullets coming soon, including the golds.

The question is: Will there be another release of the silver OGs with more "authentic" details true to the original than this one. It is a little bit depressing that such an iconic shoe after a few re-releases in the last two decades not gets a real 1:1 re-isssue for the 20th anniversary with every single detail the original had.

I remember one reissue in 2009 which i tried on and i not bought because it felt so uncomfortable and it looked like a crappy ripoff (but it wasnt, was from an official dealer)

There is no excuse, the PSI numbers belong on the undersole. It was the first Air sole with complete airbed. For historic and nostalgic reasons they are a must.

Are there any serious sources yet for a 2017 lineup? Not only in the US, worldwide and also in single countries.

To me, the Silver Bullet is the one and only version of the AM97. Would never prefer another colourway.

Last edited:
What do you guys wear with your 97's without looking like your dressed in the 90's lol
Skinny denims or pinrolled chinos/jeans with a sweatshirt or a hoodie, ensuring that I'm not too flashy because the shoes themselves are flashy, especially at night

I always thought, that this shoe is more a niche product in comparison to the AM90. I mean this globally, i know that they are still beloved in central europe and first of all in italy.

I want to cop a pair or two, don´t know. Had the opportunity for 2x US11 for 500€. But if there is more soon, prices will fall. Maybe the production quality, too?

Last edited:
This is Nike we're talking about, not Supreme. They released a bunch of Air Max 96's this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary, and those shoes weren't ever popular. You think they're not going to take the opportunity to sell a much more popular model?

Of course they're going to release a bunch of these. It's what Nike does for these kinds of anniversaries. Don't get too upset about the silver bullets, they're not going anywhere.

Last edited:
just saw, St Alfred (Chicago) is dropping them in-store, and Blends online at 12 EST.

so hype they made it to the states so early.

Back
Top Bottom