Official Air Max 97 Thread

As Nike loves celebrating anniversaries, I'd have to imagine the gold joints will drop.

And I will be there...ready :nthat:

Are these really going for $300+? I picked up two today, a 10.5 and an 11. One for me and one for a friend but my friend bailed on his pair. I can wear either size so I guess I'm going to sell one.

I'm homing this turns out to be just like the Air Tech Challenge 2 that came out a couple years ago in the hot lava colorway. It came out labeled as a QS and only launched at boutiques for a bit then a small NDC release. 

Then a couple months later the streets were flooded and they were in Factory stores for 30 bucks. 

I think this is exactly what Nike is doing.

So crazy these are selling so quickly...a couple years back when they dropped they went on clearance for the longest time. I even remember End having them on clearance for a couple months before selling out. All of a sudden people want them?
I remember that. Almost doubled up. I shoulda :/ 

Only reason I want a new pair is my brother beat mine to death...shouldnt have let em borrow em. 

But yeah I'm pretty astonished these are being sold so quickly and selling for so much. I agree with you guys, 80% are probably resellers. We gotta stay strong and lowball everyone we see on ebay. 

What are the odds that these are the "Mystery Drop" happening on SNKRS on Christmas Day at a random time?

Or you could oop that 10.5...
I actually have messages out to a bunch of friends to do that. It's a 10.0, not 10.5. I looked at it wrong. Hoping someone I know will take them at retail. If it's not someone I know, it's real tough to try not to make a couple bucks off of them. Not $300, but something. But then I'd feel like a dirty reseller so idk.

I actually have messages out to a bunch of friends to do that. It's a 10.0, not 10.5. I looked at it wrong. Hoping someone I know will take them at retail. If it's not someone I know, it's real tough to try not to make a couple bucks off of them. Not $300, but something. But then I'd feel like a dirty reseller so idk.

If it helps you sleep better I'm actually a 10. But you've got to do what you've got to do. Nice come up snagging two pairs.

DO NOT PAY RESALE. Let these culture vultures get stuck with them.

Hope this is what happens...but sadly theres gonna be kids talking pwople down to 250 and theyll cop thinking 'steal'

Damn ive been waiting for this retro for a while too, knew theyd be coming...they retro every few years seems like

250 too much for these? What's the likelihood of a wider release?

Last edited:
I dont check this thread for two days and this is what happens. Thought these would drop in a month or two when it's actually 2017

If it helps you sleep better I'm actually a 10. But you've got to do what you've got to do. Nice come up snagging two pairs.
A lady in my office said she might take it for her son. If she doesn't, I'll oop them to you. I just can't bring myself to making money off a shoe. It sounds good but then I get a yucky feeling. I'll message you mid day tomorrow if she doesn't take them.

What are the odds that these are the "Mystery Drop" happening on SNKRS on Christmas Day at a random time?

I wish, but it seems that "12 soles of Christmas" all will be Basketball kicks. Chances are is a Foamposite or just plain dissapointment. lol

For those that cop please let us know how they fit. I have a wider foot, 13 in Talarias 12.5 in flyknit racers and most other Nike running shoes

I went TTS, I Guess I have a Wide foot since Chuck Taylors are super snug IMO. They fit a Little snug only when I put thick socks. Usually US8 on Nike, picked US8 and they're fine

That would be pretty sweet. Hoping it's something 'rarer' but if it's only through SNKRS, I already know I'll take the L. lol.

Back
Top Bottom