Official Air Max 97 Thread

View media item 2405954Just came in and were shipped yesterday. Paid resell on an impulse buy [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️ But nonetheless pleased. These are going straight to feet for the rest of the day. Havent tried on yet so still not sure of the fit yet but I went TTS (sz13)

Took some more photos of my pair. Got a size 8 instead of 8.5 bc it was the last wearable size my local Footlocker had. After swapping the insoles, they feel a bit better.

Ordered my true size on footlocker.ca but they're notoriously known to oversell/cancel orders. Fingers crossed.

Also made an on-feet video for those interested:

View media item 2405984
Wore these to the mall today. Bought them in 2010 weeks after they released for $64.99. Ended up scooping 2 pairs. I Can't believe 97's are hyped up now, considering people used to give me crap for wearing these and the silver bullets. Got the silver bullets for $50 in 2008. $50!!

Side note: a guy came up to me and asked how I got these early. I was like bruh these are the 2010 joints haha

I am not likening my chances of copping the golds , I got lucky with SB a month early on eBay but I don't see lightening striking twice

I got lucky with KITH a few months back.

I'm counting on the same luck this go 'round too.

Smh the hype for these am97s are real.I can remember around 08 or 09 when the where sitting on shelves.

So since Wensday I've been wanting these shoes and thought I'd hit on snkrs app since my info was pre saved.

I was wrong.Took an L.

By that morning I called around the whole DMV and everywhere was dry.Called ubiq out Georgetown and he told me that they were getting a late shipment in for a sz10 and 11 so I went down there and picked up the sz11.(my sz is a 13 or 14)

Thought I could use em for a sz swap and it's been harder than ever to even locate my sz.Started calling all the consignments and they said they don't have my sz14 but will gladly buy them.I declined on there offers.

Kept calling around and finally found a sz14 out bmore at a st mount clare dtlr.Made that hike (1hr20mins drive) just to get there and see a dude with 3 bags of shoes freshly bought outta dtlr hoping in his car in front of me but I didn't think nothing of him.......walked in there and already called ahead of time pleaded with an employee to hold em for me since I'm making that journey from pg out there just for me to hear "Oh I just sold em to a guy"Smh I said "what?"and she said she asked the guy right before I walked in was he the guy coming from out pg she talked to on the phone and he said yes and bought em.The rest of the employees shook there head and started going in on her and she said whatever were not suppose to hold shoes anyway.[emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128533[/emoji]He got my sz14.Im losing hope I might just have to return them.

Last edited:
Smh the hype for these am97s are real.I can remember around 08 or 09 when the where sitting on shelves.

So since Wensday I've been wanting these shoes and thought I'd hit on snkrs app since my info was pre saved.

I was wrong.Took an L.

By that morning I called around the whole DMV and everywhere was dry.Called ubiq out Georgetown and he told me that they were getting a late shipment in for a sz10 and 11 so I went down there and picked up the sz11.(my sz is a 13 or 14)

Thought I could use em for a sz swap and it's been harder than ever to even locate my sz.Started calling all the consignments and they said they don't have my sz14 but will gladly buy them.I declined on there offers.

Kept calling around and finally found a sz14 out bmore at a st mount clare dtlr.Made that hike (1hr20mins drive) just to get there and see a dude with 3 bags of shoes freshly bought outta dtlr hoping in his car in front of me but I didn't think nothing of him.......walked in there and already called ahead of time pleaded with an employee to hold em for me since I'm making that journey from pg out there just for me to hear "Oh I just sold em to a guy"Smh I said "what?"and she said she asked the guy right before I walked in was he the guy coming from out pg she talked to on the phone and he said yes and bought em.The rest of the employees shook there head and started going in on her and she said whatever were not suppose to hold shoes anyway.[emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128533[/emoji]He got my sz14.Im losing hope I might just have to return them.

There is a 13 still at a local store of ours in OR. You said you're a 13 or 14 and then said 14. If you can fit a 13 I'll go pick it up. Yes, I'm an 11, and looking for a pair.

Took some more photos of my pair. Got a size 8 instead of 8.5 bc it was the last wearable size my local Footlocker had. After swapping the insoles, they feel a bit better.

Ordered my true size on footlocker.ca but they're notoriously known to oversell/cancel orders. Fingers crossed.

Nice :pimp:

What camera do you use?

I also wear an 11 and I have skinny and narrow feet. Tried the 11 on and it felt alright then tried on the 11.5 and it felt way better. The 11 didn't have enough wiggle room for my toes. Spent about 15 mins going back and forth between the 11 and 11.5. 
Sounds like it depends on the foot/preference. Praying my 0.5 up pair fits so I don't have to size swap

There is a 13 still at a local store of ours in OR. You said you're a 13 or 14 and then said 14. If you can fit a 13 I'll go pick it up. Yes, I'm an 11, and looking for a pair.

I found a swap on ig for a sz13.I said I could fit a sz13 or 14 and the store had a sz14.Last time I checked I knew of a store with a sz 11.5.If you can fit that lmk and we can work something out

Last edited:
my order just got cancelled from eastbay. 
happy.gif

honestly this shoe is not a favorite of mine but im just tryna get every air max there is

my favorite is that trainer max with the bulldog on the bottom. they never wanna drop og colors in that model

Back
Top Bottom