Official Air Max 97 Thread

I just came back from Disney World last week and wore 1.0 Ultra Boosts on 2 days, and a pair of Nike Frees on another.

UB's provided me the most comfort all day for 12 hours

Good looking out. Planning on taking my white 1.0 and burg 3.0
I appreciate all the feedback.

Has anyone worn their pair for extended period of time, or done ALOT of walking in these yet? I.m not a comfort snob by any means, but just curious if these would work in rotation for a trip to Disney World this summer? I took them for a "test drive" and jogged in them 3 miles this morning, and they felt fine. Only complaint was breath ability, but I knew that would be the case. And I know, "These are a sportswear model, NOT meant to run in, etc...", but I wanted to gauge the feel. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
I walked eight miles in mine on Saturday. I would not bring them on a trip with me. 

nike-acg-air-zoom-tallac-flyknit.html

They switched it up! 
tongue.gif
 That link flip

^pretty sure last wk was it.

not gonna get a bigger release than every major footsites dropping them at once like was the case last Thursday.

Walked into shiekh and grabbed a 10 and 11.5 today.

There's a size 10 in Long Beach shiekh that I passed on.

Has anyone worn their pair for extended period of time, or done ALOT of walking in these yet? I.m not a comfort snob by any means, but just curious if these would work in rotation for a trip to Disney World this summer? I took them for a "test drive" and jogged in them 3 miles this morning, and they felt fine. Only complaint was breath ability, but I knew that would be the case. And I know, "These are a sportswear model, NOT meant to run in, etc...", but I wanted to gauge the feel. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

We go to Disney every year for roughly 5-8 days each trip. I wear Huaraches, Frees, and most recently Ultra Boost 2.0s. The UBs are comfortable, but soft once you get into hours 10-12 walking around. Huaraches were better for me all day, but I sweat more in them. As others have mentioned an UB or flyknit for those long days in Disney.

ducktales ducktales Thanks. It's hard to beat a pair of UB's, but I just wanted to have something to change it up. Might get by with the 97s on a Disney springs day? This is my first time going, and I know it's ALOT of walking. It will just be the wife and I, and I know she'll be wearing her UB.

ducktales ducktales Thanks. It's hard to beat a pair of UB's, but I just wanted to have something to change it up. Might get by with the 97s on a Disney springs day? This is my first time going, and I know it's ALOT of walking. It will just be the wife and I, and I know she'll be wearing her UB.

I just don't think it's worth the risk. Disney is a fun place, and lots of walking. I'd hate to be using shoes that might make it uncomfortable to walk in.

Quick story: I took my AM95 to NYC in May. I wore those shoes rather often. However, prior to the trip, I never wore them for a few days straight, while walking a lot in them. By the second day, those nubs on the outside of my ankle killed, as the shoe rubbed there. It wasn't enough to rub the skin raw, but it was a pressure point. I had to stuff some paper under the insole to raise my heels up inside the shoe, to make it manageable. It killed the rest of the trip though, and there were times while walking where it made me want to stop. After I got back and swapped shoes to something else, it took a few weeks for my ankle to feel better, and I would be able to wear the shoes again. I have swapped out the insoles, and they are much better now. The point is, bring your trusted shoes with you when you know you're going to be walking. The 10 year olds walking around won't care what kind of shoes you're wearing :lol:

got mine in today - love em! a little irritating on the top of my right pinky toe though...hope it breaks in lol. Left shoe felt great

Back
Top Bottom