Official Air Max 97 Thread

Got a feeling that it still might change on Monday. Notice how it says Adidas Parley on Launch Procedure lol. Must be a glitch.

Launch maps def aren't updated. A couple FL and FA employees out here (Virginia) have shown pics confirming they got them in. Maps should hopefully change after the weekend and hopefully no more FCFS nonsense like the silver bullets.

Launch maps def aren't updated. A couple FL and FA employees out here (Virginia) have shown pics confirming they got them in. Maps should hopefully change after the weekend and hopefully no more FCFS nonsense like the silver bullets.

name the store

I'll call

alp alp

Couple questions about your Riccardo Tisci's if you don't mind...

1) Do you feel they fit the same as the Silver Bullets that released this year? I have the SBs in a 9.5, thinking about picking up the Riccardos in the same size.

2) Does the high ankle piece cut into your achilles at all?

3) Are your soles yellowing quickly?

Thanks man!

alp alp

Couple questions about your Riccardo Tisci's if you don't mind...

1) Do you feel they fit the same as the Silver Bullets that released this year? I have the SBs in a 9.5, thinking about picking up the Riccardos in the same size.

2) Does the high ankle piece cut into your achilles at all?

3) Are your soles yellowing quickly?

Thanks man!
I didn't try the Sbs in the same size as the tiscis but I'd say so. The high piece cuts into the back of your leg if you don't wear high socks and didn't notice any yellowing yet

^ Yeah, I think my biggest concern is the back part of the shoe. I saw some picture where it looked like there was some padding on the inside, but then there is this leather flap on the top that looks like it might have an imagination of its own. So you would say its a rather non-issue with some elite nike crew socks?

for those who really want these golds, it might be wise to secure a pair on stockx or goat first... they are only going for around $250, which doesn't seem bad considering the first wave of these is going to be pretty slim.

https://stockx.com/nike-air-max-97-metallic-gold-2017
That's a guarantee you get a pair through them?

The way stockX works for a seller is that you have to ship the pair within 2 business days. Seeing as it is friday today, if you were to buy it, they would have to ship by tuesday. the shoe will ship to detroit, where they then make sure its legit, and then they mail it to you. The turn around from purchase to in hand is probably about 2 weeks or so. The people who have them listed though, have to ship them within 2 days, or they get dinged financially. I would imagine those people selling for those prices have the shoes in hand at this point. I think stockx does a $25 coupon on your first purchase when you sign up as well.

Last edited:
I asked a random mom and pop shop in bk about these yesterday and they were confident they were getting them.. Could be wrong.. but I have a feeling that map will update. This is not the first time the map glitched.. idk why everyone is being so quick to assume and frighten themselves. Banned 1 had glitches, other releases after that have changed mid week from FCFS to reserve and vice versa..

Doesn't mean it will change.. but we still have days ahead for changes to occur.. have some patience and if it's like this by Monday/Tuesday.. fine go ape **** lol.

The 97s are fine for me for a few hours then they start to get a little uncomfortable. I went up .5 on my SB's and I have very narrow feet. Also, it's only Friday..the shoes release next Thursday. The map should be updated by Monday.

I asked a random mom and pop shop in bk about these yesterday and they were confident they were getting them.. Could be wrong.. but I have a feeling that map will update. This is not the first time the map glitched.. idk why everyone is being so quick to assume and frighten themselves. Banned 1 had glitches, other releases after that have changed mid week from FCFS to reserve and vice versa..

Doesn't mean it will change.. but we still have days ahead for changes to occur.. have some patience and if it's like this by Monday/Tuesday.. fine go ape **** lol.

I saw one spot in the BX get them (they'll OD charge though) but my trusty mom and pop still saying they don't think so.

lets hope it changes. 

but i've talked to (3) house of hoops managers (charlotte, charlotte, raleigh) and the shoes are not even showing up on their "incoming" list

I saw one spot in the BX get them (they'll OD charge though) but my trusty mom and pop still saying they don't think so.

lets hope it changes. 

but i've talked to (3) house of hoops managers (charlotte, charlotte, raleigh) and the shoes are not even showing up on their "incoming" list
Good to know fellas..thanks for the info (repped).. def hoping it changes up.

Back
Top Bottom