Official Air Max 97 Thread

CBB46C9F-BA95-41EB-BE98-2666F091C767.png
giphy.gif

Dont think there was a large suit against though was there? That was robbery gone wrong. Not a crowd crush in a small area with predictable hype causing angst turning to violence.

That undft release was culpable imo.

Well that vid is late 2012 and galaxy joints were February 2012, I'm pretty sure it was crimson pros..

I think a kid got shot in NYC in 2014 for yeezy foam pros too smfh :smh:

Well that vid is late 2012 and galaxy joints were February 2012, I'm pretty sure it was crimson pros..

I think a kid got shot in NYC in 2014 for yeezy foam pros too smfh :smh:
You know more than me, I just know same thing happened around galaxy foams, wasn’t in the shoe game then though since I was only 15 years old :rofl:

Everybody there (Vendors / Organizers) that flooded social media with this FCFS bs is at fault for the way things went today...

People already paid money to attend the event, and when they saw all these releases were going to be FCFS their anxiety shot through the roof...Now they were hyper aware that there was a very real chance that they spent good money and wouldn’t be getting anything from the event...The logistics of the event were clearly an afterthought...As an organizer, when you have general admission people pushing past people who paid for the VIP tickets, even forcing their way through the VIP entrance, then you’ve planned your event very poorly...

All that being said, the patrons themselves have to be culpable as well...If you act like that then you certainly don’t deserve the chance purchase anything...

I don’t blame the people at UNDFT at all actually...At that point the damage was done so to speak and it was clearly in their best interest to just scrap the whole thing...

Sad part is that this will change nothing for future events...Complex won’t even acknowledge the problems for crying out loud...

Undft are totally to blame. They created the hype for that shoe, and made the release ONLY at that event.

What did they think was going to happen.

It’s up to them and the event organisers to ensure the hype they created is properly managed.

They failed.

It was lucky it didn’t kick off.

Their only saving grace was shutting it down, which in itself proves how totally unprepared they were for their own creation.

Everybody there (Vendors / Organizers) that flooded social media with this FCFS bs is at fault for the way things went today...

People already paid money to attend the event, and when they saw all these releases were going to be FCFS their anxiety shot through the roof...Now they were hyper aware that there was a very real chance that they spent good money and wouldn’t be getting anything from the event...The logistics of the event were clearly an afterthought...As an organizer, when you have general admission people pushing past people who paid for the VIP tickets, even forcing their way through the VIP entrance, then you’ve planned your event very poorly...

All that being said, the patrons themselves have to be culpable as well...If you act like that then you certainly don’t deserve the chance purchase anything...

I don’t blame the people at UNDFT at all actually...At that point the damage was done so to speak and it was clearly in their best interest to just scrap the whole thing...

Sad part is that this will change nothing for future events...Complex won’t even acknowledge the problems for crying out loud...
And now stock will be release online! :D

Reactions: PJS
They're supposed to be back tomorrow to sell more 97s so I guess we'll see what happens with them.. :nerd:

Undft are totally to blame. They created the hype for that shoe, and made the release ONLY at that event.

What did they think was going to happen.

It’s up to them and the event organisers to ensure the hype they created is properly managed.

They failed.

It was lucky it didn’t kick off.

Their only saving grace was shutting it down, which in itself proves how totally unprepared they were for their own creation.

Wasn’t just them though...Everybody involved has to take a share of the blame...Complex for the poor job organizing the event...UNDFTD for shotgunning info all over the internet that this shoe would only be available at Complexcon, AND be FCFS (Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired)...The actual consumers for feeling the need to act like animals...No one singular entity to blame here as the whole thing was a mess...

Wasn’t only UNDFTD...Adidas messed around with the N.E.R.D. NMD’s too and got everybody worked up...Add them to the list...Complexcon 2017 was a poorly planned mess that nobody is willing to take responsibility for...

Hype sells...UNDFT and any other similar business will continue these charades until told otherwise

Wasn’t just them though...Everybody involved has to take a share of the blame...Complex for the poor job organizing the event...UNDFTD for shotgunning info all over the internet that this shoe would only be available at Complexcon, AND be FCFS (Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired)...The actual consumers for feeling the need to act like animals...No one singular entity to blame here as the whole thing was a mess...

Wasn’t only UNDFTD...Adidas messed around with the N.E.R.D. NMD’s too and got everybody worked up...Add them to the list...Complexcon 2017 was a poorly planned mess that nobody is willing to take responsibility for...
Absolutely to this.

VIP TICKETS VIP ENTRANCE VIP PEOPLE, it’s when I read this that I telling myself it’s just all wrong, come on whatever how nice the shoe look is still just a f.... shoe after all and shall be available for everybody.

Reactions: PJS
Nobody could get on the same page here?

Day 1 VIP’s should’ve been allowed in from A to B time with X amount of pairs available...General admission would then be allowed access from B to C time with X amount of pairs available...Repeat the process for day 2...

Event entrances should have been separated by times AND locations for VIP’s and general admission attendees...

VIP’s and general admission attendees should never have co mingled until AFTER the releases had taken place...

Entrances should have been heavily manned with Security...Not just two or three people...

Informational personnel should have had a heavy presence inside and outside the venue to help people with directions and instructions...

NONE of this happened and combined with the lax planning by the vendors with this hyped up limited FCFS release BS, the whole thing just devolved into chaos...

When I watch videos of dudes like that about to stampede over kicks, it makes me happy I've matured. Back in the day there was a sense that I HAD to have a shoe and felt hopeless when I'd see dope kicks that were so limited I'd have to go hard to get a pair. Now that I'm older I see pairs like the Olive Undftd and I think "damn those are nice but not nice enough for me to go out of my way for them"

Back
Top Bottom