Official Air Max 97 Thread

I think I may have found the right uppers for the LA soles lol

Very Powerwall-esque
XXXX - DM8347-001 - 101.png

Okay, so I have an issue with 97s maybe someone can help me. I have a few pairs of 97s that are DS. Albeit they're about 3/4 years old but wtf is the air bubble either clouded or has marks on them like I've been wearing them for years. Can someone help me understand? Any advice on how to make them look right?

Okay, so I have an issue with 97s maybe someone can help me. I have a few pairs of 97s that are DS. Albeit they're about 3/4 years old but wtf is the air bubble either clouded or has marks on them like I've been wearing them for years. Can someone help me understand? Any advice on how to make them look right?

i know exactly what you mean. my triple white pair and gold metallics are clouded/scuffed and never been worn. guess why its recommended to rock them.

All of my 97's and 98's are like that now

That's a fair point and leads me onto my next. IS anyone actually outraged and offended by this or is the anger just as manufactured as nikes hype?

I don't use twitter really but as you said there's always someone moaning about whatever the topic is.

Is anyone fanatic enough to worry about it a tiny minority or is this feverous level of religion as common as reddit et al would have you believe?

Twitter is a megaphone for the loudest, dumbest, most impulsive people.

I don't know a single person "offended" by any of this. In fact, I'd be pressed to find another person who even knows about this. I think it's pretty lame that Nike is suing the company too. They didn't give a **** when the same people made "Jesus" shoes.

Anyone have the LAs in hand? How they looking in person? Materials? Just impulse bought when the Footsies restocked. Waiting on shipping.

my favorite 97's. I regret never getting them. Been trying to lately get a pair.
my favourite '97s too - just wish they were more comfortable!
To me, it's always been the silvers and then everything else some way behind. Bought three pairs of the 2017 retro. Wore one to the office almost every day for the better part of a year, have worn the second pair a handful of times, and still have the third pair DS.
The pair I wore daily, one day I noticed the outsole had peeled off the heel somewhat on one of the shoes, and the air bag had a hole or rip in it. To the point about comfort, I really couldn't even tell the bag was deflated in the heel other than seeing it and pushing on the bag with my thumb. It barely felt any different under my foot. Point is, the big fancy air bag really doesn't do anything on those retros other than look cool. As far as I can tell, nearly all of the underfoot support comes from the pillars inside the bag. Pretty lame, but I'll never get over the look of the silver 97s.

Back
Top Bottom