OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

No I was just making jokes about the fact that I rarely see a midsole removed these days without someone trying to sell me shoe trees , plastic film, canned handsoap and branded nail brushes.  
laugh.gif

Bruh...I cant believe what you have accomplished already without once trying to sell me useless Reshoven8tor products......

You're already my fav restorer because of that...

Popcorn is out for the completion of this swap. 
smokin.gif

No I was just making jokes about the fact that I rarely see a midsole removed these days without someone trying to sell me shoe trees , plastic film, canned handsoap and branded nail brushes.  
laugh.gif
thanks friend. just a regular dude and his silly sneaker obsession progression. 
glasses.gif

update: midsole to upper is glued with [adequate] success.  here im gluing outsole to midsole.  experienced dudes do it all at once, but i wanted to break it down so i could have more control over the seal points (or the seal points i need to take care of eventually.)  ive left the outtriggers unglued because they need a diagonal lateral force to keep tight, so that will be part of the clean up process with any loose strings in seals.  inside i have a toebox sneaker shield, an ikea shoe tree and stuffed paper, as to blunt the crush of the tied laces.  

there is def a learning curve to this, and i semi regret attempting my first one with a high profile sneaker, but c'est la vie.  "if it doesnt scare you, its not worth doing. - robert california.  

i thought that a trainer would be easier than a runner because of the toe cap and how its already stitched as well as its relative position to the toebox.  a runner will be difficult in how the outsole wraps up towards the front, but the rest will be pretty straight forward.  im still several steps out before this at1 is complete but will keep y'all posted.  

thanks friend. just a regular dude and his silly sneaker obsession progression. 8)

update: midsole to upper is glued with [adequate] success.  here im gluing outsole to midsole.  experienced dudes do it all at once, but i wanted to break it down so i could have more control over the seal points (or the seal points i need to take care of eventually.)  ive left the outtriggers unglued because they need a diagonal lateral force to keep tight, so that will be part of the clean up process with any loose strings in seals.  inside i have a toebox sneaker shield, an ikea shoe tree and stuffed paper, as to blunt the crush of the tied laces.  

there is def a learning curve to this, and i semi regret attempting my first one with a high profile sneaker, but c'est la vie.  "if it doesnt scare you, its not worth doing. - robert california.  

i thought that a trainer would be easier than a runner because of the toe cap and how its already stitched as well as its relative position to the toebox.  a runner will be difficult in how the outsole wraps up towards the front, but the rest will be pretty straight forward.  im still several steps out before this at1 is complete but will keep y'all posted.  

Lookin good fam

on the home stretch.  right foot is pretty much complete with the swap, just securing the outriggers.  again, learning curve so the left foot was done more efficiently, having glued the outtriggers in conjunction.  i'll be stripping the old paint off the midsole and painting tomorrow.  hopefully have both completed within the next few days.  

If any of my fellow air trainer 1 fans a interested I have a DS AIR TRAINER 1 legacy pack sz 12 I have to let go..pm me if interested and if this is not allowed please delete.

almost there.  this was my first one, so it has a real amateur feel to it.  still need to clean up around the seams, but im proud of myself for getting this far.  as far as im concerned this is a W because they were just sitting in a box with them crumbling.   

almost there.  this was my first one, so it has a real amateur feel to it.  still need to clean up around the seams, but im proud of myself for getting this far.  as far as im concerned this is a W because they were just sitting in a box with them crumbling.   

It is a W fam. You did great for your first one. You've given them new life for sure. Well done [emoji]128074[/emoji]

They came out pretty good for a DIY project. Let us know how they hold up once you start wearing them.

Yeah, that's too big and too $$$ for me.  I can wait it out and hope for yet another retro.  Thanks fam. 

Yeah, that's too big and too $$$ for me.  I can wait it out and hope for yet another retro.  Thanks fam. 

Way too high. A lot of sellers have started trying to push $160+ but, like homie said earlier, they're not that price. Prices are inching up so $120 is a rough average right now but you can still catch a pair for under $100.

Way too high. A lot of sellers have started trying to push $160+ but, like homie said earlier, they're not that price. Prices are inching up so $120 is a rough average right now but you can still catch a pair for under $100.
Agreed, that's why I told him I'm sure he can do better. It was just a heads up. I'd agree with $120

Back
Top Bottom