OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

9BA5045E-4DDA-489C-B9D9-8B870C1441C3.jpeg

Yesterdays unds.

Height comparison done right. 😂 @I Am Si Guy

Anyone remember that white grey yellow original high thst seemed to be cut and built higher?’ I believe that’s a thing
Also, the footprint of the 2020s seemed less than other releases. It felt less wide. But comparing the actual outsole to a retro, it was basically the same. I see maybe 1-2 mm difference here lol.

Last edited:
The original color was more of a pine green/Kermit green rather than a chloro. AFAIK, we didn't see the chloro green until the 2000 release (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). As such, this 2022 release is as close to the OG as we've seen in many years.

1649067741649.png

1649067757163.png
I’d say there’s a tad bit of discrepancy
B3F6DC01-9830-4A4E-948B-77E7D6C88FA3.jpeg
2D1E1AF1-5B0D-4D80-927F-8B56BAE8D114.jpeg

In natural light, these 1990 originals were sort of a mix of chlorophyll and the new brighter blue green. I don’t believe it’s exactly right. So everyone is right lol.

Just combo the 2020s and the 2022s and it’s pretty much perfection. It’s sad we’re still pushing for what has been known for 35 years.

Damb. I think I’ve decided to pass on the chloro and wait for the greys.

Anyone remember that white grey yellow original high thst seemed to be cut and built higher?’ I believe that’s a thing
Also, the footprint of the 2020s seemed less than other releases. It felt less wide. But comparing the actual outsole to a retro, it was basically the same. I see maybe 1-2 mm difference here lol.
BA9700FA-B3C4-420D-AFD5-45F62897D883.jpeg

The way the swoosh is I would guess maybe these are a wmns version.

Last edited:
Footpatrol pair landed. Really a solid pair, especially given some of the jacked up pairs we’ve seen. Toe box on one shoe a little more nicely shaped than the other, but it’s nothing, really. Material could be better but also could be way worse. I’m satisfied overall. Need to see how they wear in but I’ll give these close to an 8 out of the box.
D95EB81D-A3E3-4249-9574-83AD8106BC84.jpeg

So are we going with the same size as the SBs in these? I don’t feel like waiting for the stateside drop—about to pay the slight markup on GOAT but wanted to be sure about sizing. I just remember the 2012s feeling small to me in my TTS sz 11, but the SBs fit perfectly.

So are we going with the same size as the SBs in these? I don’t feel like waiting for the stateside drop—about to pay the slight markup on GOAT but wanted to be sure about sizing. I just remember the 2012s feeling small to me in my TTS sz 11, but the SBs fit perfectly.

I don’t have the SBs, but for AT1s, I’ve always gone up half a size.

They have a slightly more width in the toe than the sb but other than that fit the same.

Whatever size you wear in SBs should be fine. Materials are very pliable.

And yes, they're coming barring some huge change of plans. I stopped repeating the info b/c it just felt silly to keep doing so lol

I’m so happy that they retroed this shoe but the quality and materials are terrible. Sorry but Nike did a bad job on this one. The shape of one shoe is different than the other.

73F34979-80E2-4963-9172-BD83727CE109.jpeg
184BA19C-78AD-4208-B2DD-6487B51691F0.jpeg

Can you post better pics to better show the difference in shape your referring to? Looks like they’re laced too damn tight to begin with. Try loosening the laces bit (or a lot), should help. If that doesn’t work and you’re still unsatisfied with them then I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you. They were never some flawless, luxury shoes free QC issues going back to the OGs. Besides the white leather (which could’ve been better), I think Nike actually did a great job on these.

Last edited:

I went with same size in both SB and 22 releases.

The post office with the surprise delivery. Eta was pushed back to 4/11 afew days back. Size order. Came in a black plastic bag. The box is a bit beat but the shoes appear fine.
9AF6F58E-BCB2-4071-AA25-ADB061E3AF0E.jpeg

The box has one piece of tape that was cut (presumably customs/tsa?)
First impression. The grey suede/nubuck is LEGIT. The other elements not so much. I’m torn on paying what I paid for what I believe to be a tad below the sbs in overall softness. But well see when they get worn. The black and white leather look somewhat cheap but may be totally soft and great on your feet. The winner is the brushable grey element. Easily close or surpasses the 2000 retro in that regard. Catching some real og/1990 vibes with that. Maybe it’s the weight of the shoe that makes it feel cheap?

Easily surpasses the junk 2001-2002-2008-2012 releases so I have to remember that. These are this generations 2000 chlorophylls.

The white leather toebox sort of reminds me of the 09 auburn sc trainers. The sb white leather toebox feels softer and superior but some other elements like the heel and inner part of the shoe may have the same leather. I don’t want to od on the comparisons though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom