OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Glad these are sitting 02/SB/22
BCF4BEAB-D1F6-4310-A821-5572831AA409.jpeg

363EE0A7-DADB-4BB5-B31E-4ED37BAA949E.jpeg

D75B7419-E8C4-4B2C-9EF4-40D4EDEA426A.jpeg

9419E2AC-D5C8-427A-8104-7A3A4B63F82C.jpeg

D38DE927-C526-4A2E-BF59-F24E05BBFF18.jpeg

0D1217A1-0EA6-4FD9-BAF4-F1A8FB24A039.jpeg

8B8D24D2-B84C-45D0-A96E-C5113EF624A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember Dicks carried these. Anyone else see them recently?
kohls always has them. mids and highs white with red, white with photo blue, white with black, and black with white

the mids go hard with my black cement iv, white cement iv, and white fire red iv

they use to have a grey with black nike logo that was 🔥 with the black cement iv but i dont see them around anymore.

Last edited:
The 2022 version is perfect. Nike did such a great job with them. Best retro IMO.

Many will disagree with you, but not me.

Concur 100% baby

It's a nice and fine and solid retro. Perfect? Nah. But I guess if you don't care much or at all about the toe slant/shape (which to me is a key feature to the overall look of this particular shoe, and always has been), then there isn't much at all to complain about. Fair enough.

Last edited:
Yep. That rounded toe of the 2020 is more true to og spec 100% of the way imho
69EF4B38-96D8-4B11-853C-7445B36F54AE.jpeg
3A7146AC-985C-47AE-AFA3-D4D33366C05B.jpeg

Very sad. But I think it’s a structural issue, or attention to detail issue. The retros historically have had the banana shape issue.

When I say structural, I think of the backing of the grey suede and the softer white leather. It may be harder to work with the stiffer suedes in todays time/just a lack of the factory caring.

...I think it’s a structural issue,...

When I say structural, I think of the backing of the grey suede and the softer white leather.

This is the problem with most Nike's in general that suffer from banana or cliff toe...
not necessarily the outer materials...which almost never collapse from wear like the
originals; but is also a problem fresh out of the box.

Many will disagree with you, but not me.

Concur 100% baby
Couldn’t care less about those disagreements lol. We’ll be on the right side of history baby!
It's a perfectly fine and solid retro. Perfect? Nah. But I guess if you don't care much or at all about the toe slant/shape (which to me is a key feature to the overall look of this particular shoe, and always has been), then there isn't much at all to complain about. Fair enough.
Well well I must confess, I know they're not "perfect" sir but I was just purposely trying to get a rise out of you sticklers on here lol. I do still think they are the best retro we've had of these though. I still don't count SBs (2020) as a retro either and even if they were they're still far off from the OG just based on the materials alone, not to mention the other differences.

Yep. That rounded toe of the 2020 is more true to og spec 100% of the way imho
69EF4B38-96D8-4B11-853C-7445B36F54AE.jpeg
3A7146AC-985C-47AE-AFA3-D4D33366C05B.jpeg

Very sad. But I think it’s a structural issue, or attention to detail issue. The retros historically have had the banana shape issue.

When I say structural, I think of the backing of the grey suede and the softer white leather. It may be harder to work with the stiffer suedes in todays time/just a lack of the factory caring.

Man the shape of the toe box on that Chlorophyll pair on the bottom is so good :nthat: . Really wish the retro was able to replicate that. Maybe if we see a pair with a softer leather leather released later then we can reshape it.

If the 2022s had the recent SB toe shape they'd be perfect IMO. Not that I'm complaining, as they're still dope both in looks and comfort.

Well well I must confess, I know they're not "perfect" sir but I was just purposely trying to get a rise out of you sticklers on here lol. I do still think they are the best retro we've had of these though. I still don't count SBs (2020) as a retro either and even if they were they're still far off from the OG just based on the materials alone, not to mention the other differences.

They're definitely a solid effort. Just wish my Photon toes weren't SO square. Probably gonna have to hit 'em with the old iron LOL
Re: the SBs. True, that pair isn't a pure, faithful attempt to copy the OGs 100 percent. But take that part out of it for a moment and I personally find it to be an overall nicer shoe in terms of materials and shape. But all that really matters is that we have AT1s back in our hands again.

Kinda weird that Nike used that outsole on the Travis Scott pairs out of all things. Definitely an appreciated detail.

And give Nike some credit… could they have been better? Sure. Could they have been worse? Don’t tempt them. QC was never perfect on originals either.

Overall solid retro. I only have the navy pair, and am SUPER happy with em.

Back
Top Bottom