OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Infrareds are going on sale. The only colorways that haven't so far are the NPCEs and Revis Islands but they can be had for retail or less on eBay easily.

Infrareds are going on sale. The only colorways that haven't so far are the NPCEs and Revis Islands but they can be had for retail or less on eBay.

Infrared trainer's seem to be selling pretty well as most online places don't have much stock.

Last edited:
Well, I grabbed Monotones this morning.  It was worth a shot to me to see them, I'll just return them if they're trash.

So dope, didn't know anything about these until I went on Instagram and saw them. Picked them up immediately, look better in person pictures don't do them justice. My local boutique "NEXT" does phone orders 216.593.0029 and have a full size run. I think I m the only one to purchase a pair lol

^ Thank you for that info...looking forward to seeing them.  I just looked again, and did they sell out on NDC?  I couldn't find them on there at all.

def a sleeper didnt sell as well as i planned on but they will go over time , classic pack . cant wait to see if there is a volume 2

I just got “Chlorophylls" for $52.00 shipped from Nike Factory Rosemont 847-928-2720.

Tempting but I already made this mistake once. 6pm had these awhile back on sale, and I ended up getting two pairs with massive glue stains (looked more like acid erosion). This release just seems like the type where you need to see them before going all in. Best of luck though.

Tempting but I already made this mistake once. 6pm had these awhile back on sale, and I ended up getting two pairs with massive glue stains (looked more like acid erosion). This release just seems like the type where you need to see them before going all in. Best of luck though.

Every shoe I've ever ordered from an outlet/factory store has been in pristine condition.

Infrareds have arrived.

Wow! Are the 2012 chlorophylls cheap or what?

Comparing these is not even close.

Infrareds have near 2000 like white leather ankle padding and the medial side as well.. Just amazing. It's very much like the qs sc IIs, which now makes me want the auburn vntg ogs lol.. We shall see.

The suede like stuff isnt quite nappy like many other shoes (think blazer retros), nor does it have a bruashable surface, like the 2000 chlorophyll.. It;s a huge step up from the fake suede seen on the 2012s.... Everything about these is a huge step up.

Even the black forefoot leather and heel area leather feels a touch softer.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a BRICK and 10 being a pillow (OG's sit here),

The OGs would be a 10, 2000 retros an easy 9, these sit around a 8, 2002/2008 retros sit around a 6 and the 2012s feel the worst among them all around a 5.5.

I would die a very happy man if they could replicate this entire infrared release into a chlorophyll colorway and I would take every bit of it without any regrets.

Very solid purchase here

Last edited:
^

SOLD.  
laugh.gif

Was waiting on your "review" because I just can't do the 2012 Chlorophyll quality anymore.  Every time I'd pull them out to rock, I'd marvel at the craptastic quality and just how cheap they felt and looked--sold 'em 2 weeks ago.

But hey, if Wally says the Infrareds are a go, then they must be good money.  Thanks for the input, sir.  

Definitely my next purchase.  

edit:  How is the sizing, Wally?  I see a lot of folks saying TTS with these, yet the 2012 Chlorophylls fit rather small for me and I had to go a half-size up.  Is there a definite difference between the two?

Last edited:
Infrareds have arrived.

Infrareds have near 2000 like white leather ankle padding and the medial side as well.. Just amazing. It's very much like the qs sc IIs, which now makes me want the auburn vntg ogs lol.. We shall see.

The suede like stuff isnt quite nappy like many other shoes (think blazer retros), nor does it have a bruashable surface, like the 2000 chlorophyll.. It;s a huge step up from the fake suede seen on the 2012s.... Everything about these is a huge step up.

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a BRICK and 10 being a pillow (OG's sit here),

The OGs would be a 10, 2000 retros an easy 9, these sit around a 8, 2002/2008 retros sit around a 6 and the 2012s feel the worst among them all around a 5.5.

I would die a very happy man if they could replicate this entire infrared release into a chlorophyll colorway and I would take every bit of it without any regrets.

Very solid purchase here

Wally you must get the og vntg auburns , there amazing ... I copped a pair from corporate last week for $90 shipped so give them a call , the best retro in years IMO

Definitely worth retail.. As cheap as I have been over the years, I would not truly go hunting these down for excessive prices. But for the price they can be bought at, for once it is actually a worthwhile purchase imho.

My only small gripe is that the infrared is a few different shades all over the shoe. The tongue tag is that nice bright color, but the lace locks and NIKE on the strap are a bit of a deep red. Not a killer but somewhat noticeable.

Sizing, definitely TTS. They may even fit a touch too LONG in the toebox, but the width will be an issue if you try to size down. So just unlace them a bit and loosen the strap and you should be okay. I sized up 1/2 to 1 with the 2012s, and I swim in them a bit. But these infrared sz 12s fit even better than some 2000 sz 12s that Ive broken in for years.

So pick your poison. You could size up 1/2 and have too much space in the toebox, but have a perfect width. Or you could have a near perfect width, with a near perfect length on a TTS purchase.

Last edited:
^ Thank you, sir.  

Yeah, the 11 in the '12 Chlorophyll was a perfect length, but a tad snug width-wise.  The 11.5 was too long, but felt great width-wise.  

I'll go with the 11 and hope they break in better than the Chlorophylls did.  Maybe the mesh toebox will make a difference, too.  

Infrareds have arrived.

Very solid purchase here
If the resident Trainer expert signs off on these, I'm definitely sold.

Took my Chlorophyll pair back and passed on many markdowns because of how awful the materials are and how stiff they were on foot.  If I luck into some outlet selling them for like $30 I'll grab a pair and beat them up.

Back
Top Bottom