OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

I keep seeing these for the low. I have seen them as low as $39. The problem is the QC are so bad. For those who have them, are they bad or have yoy lucked up?
1716508297655.png
ADVERTISEMENT​
I think most of the colorways I copped had minor QC flaws (these included)

With that said, I'd cop em for $39 without hesitation. I doubled up at $55 lol

The "leather" is very iffy. But it a classic. "Suede" is decent.
That’s fair. I can’t recall if the other trainers I have had similar leather that needed breaking in. I’ll start wearing them to workout in and report back.

They have some of the worst “leather” I’ve seen on a pair of trainer 1s. Mind you I only own the chlorophyll colorway and navy blue kind of colorway.

Interesting. In pages back, I seem to recall others praising them. Enough to make me reconsider my decision not to buy them.

I've held out, mainly b/c I know I won't wear them and I have enough Chloros to hold me. but I'd almost have to cop if I saw them @ $40

$40? Man, that’s cheaper than a fitted. Of course you buy em at that price.
Absolutely! I saw these Trainers at the Nike stores (FS, Community) around Feb & Mar, and most of them now have all but sold out of them; the Citrons are on the hash wall in most Nike stores and mine was also green tagged in the store I bought at. Another observation, the Clearance Store I stop by still has some random pair of older AT1s

They have some of the worst “leather” I’ve seen on a pair of trainer 1s. Mind you I only own the chlorophyll colorway and navy blue kind of colorway.

The "leather" is very iffy. But it a classic. "Suede" is decent.

That’s fair. I can’t recall if the other trainers I have had similar leather that needed breaking in. I’ll start wearing them to workout in and report back.

Interesting. In pages back, I seem to recall others praising them. Enough to make me reconsider my decision not to buy them.

I've held out, mainly b/c I know I won't wear them and I have enough Chloros to hold me. but I'd almost have to cop if I saw them @ $40

The white leather on the violets is way better than that garbage they screwed the chloros with. I sold my remaining DS pair of chloros and bought three pairs of violets for next to nothing. Love chloros but they looked like trash real quick thanks to that “leather.”
Still have two DS pairs of SB chloros. WAY better quality version that I will wear when my urge for that colorway comes back around.

Yeah Chloros, Navys, and Neutral Greys all had odd warpy leather. Usually was never a problem on foot but take them off and they looked like 03 all white AF1s :lol: Got a pair of Violets and don't remember if its that different but others say its better.

Still got 2 pairs of 2020 SBs.. those have grade A leather. Trying to sell a pair now since I have 2 of the warpy joints too.

I don't have them but several people here have commented on the good quality.

Yeah Chloros, Navys, and Neutral Greys all had odd warpy leather. Usually was never a problem on foot but take them off and they looked like 03 all white AF1s :lol: Got a pair of Violets and don't remember if its that different but others say its better.

Still got 2 pairs of 2020 SBs.. those have grade A leather. Trying to sell a pair now since I have 2 of the warpy joints too.
i didn't get a hold of the navy (still looking) the chloros were really bad. toe box folded up like origami on my first wear. bought 2 pairs from different places, both got glue stains. i had no issues with any of the other colorways

Yeah I guess I’m in the minority in here which is cool. Bad takes all around lol. I love my ‘22 Chloro’s. I think Nike did a solid job on them and if being honest it’s by far the closest this shoe has ever gotten to the OGs so I’m fine with the leather quality or supposed lack thereof. They’re still more comfortable than the SBs despite having so called “bad” leather and they look/feel amazing on foot. As far as the toe box leather being “warped”, that may have been true with *some pairs out of the box (I actually had to replace one of my early pairs because of it) but I guarantee when you put your foot in the shoe and actually wear them it becomes a non-existing issue. You can say the SB has “better” leather all you want (subjective on how good it actually is, it’s decent but better leather from Nike does exist, it’s not the best) but if it doesn’t do anything to add to the comfortability of the shoe then where’s the benefit to having “better” leather? Not to mention all of the obvious OG details that they lack from a visual and technical standpoint. Love my SBs too, for what they represent especially, but in no way are they better than or should serve as a replacement to the actual shoe they’re inspired by. The ‘22 Chlorophyll retro was/is 🔥 and hands down the best retro of that cw to date until an even better one releases. Anyone saying different is severely kidding themselves IMO. Emphasis on *my opinion (not trying to argue about this or be on the contrary just cause), just lending my perspective.

Also rainking rainking I think you’re grossly overstating how much “better” the leather is on the Fushia pair compared to the Chlorophylls. It’s basically the same exact leather and you’re really comparing apples to apples. At best maybe the leathers were treated differently during production (fushias seem to have a thinker coat of polyurethane) but leather on all the OG cws (and navy’s) is by and large the same. Also the leather on the collar portion of the Chlorophylls is softer and has more give than the collar on the fushia pair. I’m holding them both in hand right now so I can confirm this. Chloros feel softer and more pliable to the touch. Same leather but again, fushias have more coating. Fushia’s also lack a couple of minor but significant OG details. The toebox perforations are incorrect and the inner mesh lining is grey instead of white. Again it’s minor but Chloro’s got these OG details correct. If you’re replacing OG chloro’s with fushias in thier place due to minor imperfections why are you overlooking this lack of OG details? All in all, as a friends suggestion, I think you should snap out of it and get the ‘22 OG Chlorophylls back in your collection asap lol. If you’re a fan of this model then there’s really no real replacement for them. Best retro since the OG.

No time to read but got time to post meme about not reading lol. All good. Sometimes I read the long post and sometimes I don’t so I get it. I enjoyed writing it and getting my thoughts out on the subject. Have a blessed day good sir.

Yeah I guess I’m in the minority in here which is cool. Bad takes all around lol. I love my ‘22 Chloro’s. I think Nike did a solid job on them and if being honest it’s by far the closest this shoe has ever gotten to the OGs so I’m fine with the leather quality or supposed lack thereof. They’re still more comfortable than the SBs despite having so called “bad” leather and they look/feel amazing on foot. As far as the toe box leather being “warped”, that may have been true with *some pairs out of the box (I actually had to replace one of my early pairs because of it) but I guarantee when you put your foot in the shoe and actually wear them it becomes a non-existing issue. You can say the SB has “better” leather all you want (subjective on how good it actually is, it’s decent but better leather from Nike does exist, it’s not the best) but if it doesn’t do anything to add to the comfortability of the shoe then where’s the benefit to having “better” leather? Not to mention all of the obvious OG details that they lack from a visual and technical standpoint. Love my SBs too, for what they represent especially, but in no way are they better than or should serve as a replacement to the actual shoe they’re inspired by. The ‘22 Chlorophyll retro was/is 🔥 and hands down the best retro of that cw to date until an even better one releases. Anyone saying different is severely kidding themselves IMO. Emphasis on *my opinion (not trying to argue about this or be on the contrary just cause), just lending my perspective.

Also rainking rainking I think you’re grossly overstating how much “better” the leather is on the Fushia pair compared to the Chlorophylls. It’s basically the same exact leather and you’re really comparing apples to apples. At best maybe the leathers were treated differently during production (fushias seem to have a thinker coat of polyurethane) but leather on all the OG cws (and navy’s) is by and large the same. Also the leather on the collar portion of the Chlorophylls is softer and has more give than the collar on the fushia pair. I’m holding them both in hand right now so I can confirm this. Chloros feel softer and more pliable to the touch. Same leather but again, fushias have more coating. Fushia’s also lack a couple of minor but significant OG details. The toebox perforations are incorrect and the inner mesh lining is grey instead of white. Again it’s minor but Chloro’s got these OG details correct. If you’re replacing OG chloro’s with fushias in thier place due to minor imperfections why are you overlooking this lack of OG details? All in all, as a friends suggestion, I think you should snap out of it and get the ‘22 OG Chlorophylls back in your collection asap lol. If you’re a fan of this model then there’s really no real replacement for them. Best retro since the OG.

:lol:
The chloros are one of my favorite shoes of all time going bak 30 years. I've had so many variations of them. We'll just agree to disagree. I already ran two pairs of this latest chloro retro into the ground by not even doing anything in them but walking around casually. The toe boxes look like they got run over by a dump truck after a week, or even quicker. I got enough wears in them for sure, but I just can't stand that trash leather. Maybe the hyper violets really are the same stuff and just treated differently, but whatever the reason, I've worn a pair of them all over the place for weeks and they still look nearly brand new. The chloros in the same amount of time looked smashed.
Yes, I am well aware the violets and SBs aren't exact OG copies in terms of details. I just don't care enough to put up with the issues I have with the chloros just because they have those minor details correct. Every time I looked at them once I had worn them a bit, I was like, yeah, cool details--too bad they still look beat to hell.
I completely understand if you still like them the best of all these pairs. But I do not, and I feel zero need to reacquire a pair.

Last edited:
You are not alone, dhtowng dhtowng . I agree with most of what you said; I just didn't feel like typing a lengthy response because it's all stuff we discussed back in '22 when the Chloros was first released.

I've gotten used to the toebox leather tbh. the overall quality and durability of the shoe are worth the tradeoff for me.

My biggest qualm with the SBs is that the outsoles browned extremely fast, in a way my other Trainer 1s (Chloros and any color, really) never have. That's aside from other material changes that differ from the OG build. The SB is a good option but not my preferred one.

I have ample pairs of both (and still some 2012s stashed too lol). I'm wearing them all so a lot of the nitpicking is irrelevant to me.

Last edited:
I dig the '22. Probably my favorite version to wear.

Altho the SB were great, the material changes and colors kind of irked me.

I bought 3 pairs of Chloros along with a few others, but my Chloros have become my go-to beater.

IMG_1717.jpeg

those shoes lived a good life. now put them out of their misery

I dig the '22. Probably my favorite version to wear.

Altho the SB were great, the material changes and colors kind of irked me.

I bought 3 pairs of Chloros along with a few others, but my Chloros have become my go-to beater.

IMG_1717.jpeg
Show me the soles on these! im curious

i have wore my SB pair everyday since i got them!!! Got heel drag but overall amazing how they look after 4 years of straight solid use

They are holding up WAY better in the toebox due to the extra perforations!! i couldnt care less for having OG specs, IMHO they are the best version of Chlorophylls.

20240604_182442.jpg

20240604_182425.jpg
20240604_182454.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom