OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Both Fragments secured... I can't wait to receive them...
pimp.gif

btw They have the fragments logo on the heel like the AJ1s

Last edited:
Any more info Bad LT? My boy in Paris got their late and were sold out by the time he got there

Wow. totally missed this thread. I dont even know what nikelab or fragment is. I just like the colorblocking. Seems like it'd be simple to make it a GR or at least a QS. That tan/grey material looks pretty damn good too. What a shame I don't jump through hoops. I dont even know how the twitter/reserve thing works.

Other than the red swoosh, possibly better materials, and a unique tongue tag, what makes this a truly unique fragment design type design? Hype seems to be too high for a genuinely normal looking 1987 released colorway

Last edited:
Other than the red swoosh, possibly better materials, and a unique tongue tag, what makes this a truly unique fragment design type design? Hype seems to be too high for a genuinely normal looking 1987 released colorway

For most Frag releases, it's the attention to detail they use in trying to recreate certain older models and the better materials. Hype, too, obviously (let's just be honest here :lol:.

Are people blinded by the circular heel logo that they don't notice the ankle padding? Why is it all dented and demented? We usually hear a lot of hate with creases and what not.. Although prewear creases do tend to be a sign that the material is super soft. Maybe people are learning.

How's the quality on the white leather toebox? From what you posted Bad L., it's looking like the auburn og sc high qs, and even the med. ball at III from this past year. Having that on an actual air trainer 1 model is pretty much 15 years in the making. It's too bad they had to go through some collab process to hype it up.

The grey pieces remind me of the nike air max 1/ trainer nd
Nike-Air-Maxim-1+Trainer-ND-White-Grey-Green-02.jpg

I honestly wouldn't even call that a true suede. Suede should have a light brushable nap, ie the 2001 chlorophylls, and every release before that (87,88,90,93).
You should be able to comb a suede either direction to change up the color on the nap.

Th8s is why we had a central AT thread. Then this 1s thread pops up and splits it.

Easy to miss news when theres multiple threads for the same thing.

TEAM AIR TRAINER ftw.

I saw the ankle but I took that as a sign of decent leather.

I can definitely see the comparison to the Maxim material.

As for the suede, I don't think we're going to get the same materials of yesteryear for manufacturing reasons, as it was explained to me. Stuff they used years ago isn't used now so comparing new and old would be futile unfortunately.

Come to think of it, when's the last time you saw really good suede?

Last edited:
Was this posted?
http://news.nike.com/news/the-nike-air-trainer-1-through-defiance-a-legend-is-born
SC also has a john mcenroe air trainer 1 pe article/link
http://sc.com/news/nike-air-trainer-1-1987-original-samples/

I'm guessing both were posted for the fragment news. You'd think maybe they would be putting their sights on a qs chlorophyll by now.

Moddzilla, i missed the news because I was away for a few days. I don't mind the 3-4 threads we have. For the most part, people tend to know where to post what. Even when we see sc highs being talked about in the med ball thread, i don't mind it too much.. The team air trainer thread was never really about news imho. It's been years since I checked it out thoroughly, but I remember it being about collection postings, favorite models, and just kick *** photos of shoes.

I'm still mad at myself for missing out on a pair of originals that came with a pair of mcenroe checkerboard socks.

johngotty, last time there was great "suede"? I can't recall anything in the last 7 years, trainer wise. The at1 infrared had this sort of felt like "suede" but it never came across as extremely great quality. So this quality is a definite step in the right direction. $150 retail great? I don't know yet

Never seen the herringbone. Can anyone describe the play differences between the herringbone and the regular at1 outsole? I'm guessing Mac did play with the regular outsole too, right?

Never seen the herringbone. Can anyone describe the play differences between the herringbone and the regular at1 outsole? I'm guessing Mac did play with the regular outsole too, right?

The herringbone is for clay courts. Since these are the FRench Opens, they use that sole. I'm pretty sure all the tennis shoes used by pros on clay are the herringbone pattern. Helps with sliding and prevents clay from getting clogged in the outsole.

The full-herringbone pattern was for clay as abra mentioned... the pimple-outsole was for grass, while the standard outsole was for hardcourt & indoor-carpet.

Here are their modern-day equivalents...

Your normal hardcourt version...

rs.php

Full-herringbone for clay.

rs.php

Pimple for grass... older model, but the outsole has remained more or less the same...

67180.jpg

And hopefully, this'll give you an idea of what the clay-texture's like... it's not actual "clay", but crushed red bricks.

And a lot of times you'll find that a shoe while a shoe might have a regular hard court sole for retail, Nike will make "PE"s for their athletes with the appropriate sole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom